Should I just watch this instead?

Should I just watch this instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=57zFkL9GSZA
youtube.com/watch?v=MvfXmYRPUBw
youtube.com/watch?v=F0MRaLVATJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=_dQBLAWslLk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You should just be watching that normally. DCAU is better than anything else DC right now

Justice League Action is pretty great, too.

definitely, and JLU is good with the expanded JL team

>right now
Probably ever. This show just gets the characters and their dynamics.

>Justice League Action is pretty great, too.

It has gems, but so many of the episodes feel like low-tier fanfiction where the author got some random idea and tried to transpose their favorite characters into it. The original DCAU had a few like that (e.g. Wonder Woman getting turned into a pig), but with Action it feels like the majority.

DCAU Wonder Woman is pretty bland

DCAU is better than any capeshit movies, and most comics, desu.

>the DCEU will never have a scene like this
youtube.com/watch?v=57zFkL9GSZA

yes,this was an excellent cartoon,damn i miss it so much

I LOVE the DCAU, but there were plenty of problems with the DCAU, like WW being kind of bland, them never really doing anything with WW's villains, Superman being a bit too much of an asshole by the end of the show (although it was justified pretty damn well), utterly wasting Zatanna, the New Gods just being advanced aliens, not ever doing the Multiverse proper, not doing much with Aquaman, utterly forgetting about Mera, etc.

yes. this is the best DC adaptation we will ever get

this is true

You should, it's top-tier capeshit.

>Batwank:the show
>Jon and Supes constantly getting jobbed
>Jon Stewart Lantern

Don't you ever get tired of posting this bait? I do of reading it.

>nobody ever mentions the patrician Nolan bat films, despite being the best incarnation of Wayne

I don't remember Supes every jobbing desu

Batman is the least interesting part of those movies.

Those movies are garbage.

You should read the comics instead

No, Superman isn't a goody goody boyscout in it either

Yes. It didn't feel like a slog and had some neat ideas and gave a few lesser characters some spotlight. Also gave me one of my favorite reaction images.

The show could do with a lot less batwanking

Then you should go rewatch it. He jobbed really hard outside of Darkseid, who was an even bigger jobber.

Why is there a penchant to add a character who feels off from the team in JL? Hawkgirl? That's like having Jesse Quick over Flash. And now fucking Cyborg.

The universe could do with a lot less batwanking.

I think Batwanking was fine in that interpretation, since Batman started it all for the DCAU, plus it was pretty funny half the time.

Supes was smacked down constantly in the first season because they thought that was the way to show that he needed the entire League and couldn't just solve the problem himself. They fixed it for the second season onward.

Hawkgirl was there because using Hawkman would have made it too much of a sausage-fest, they needed another woman.

I'm convinced the ideal JLA lineup would be:
>Superman
>Wonder Woman
>Batman
>The Flash
>Green Lantern
>Mera
>J'onn

Therein lies the issue. There's too much involved with diversity quotas, but even then there were better alternatives. Hawkgirl and Hawkman are just objectively worse Superman and Wonder Woman.

This game had the perfect lineup of varied characters. There's a distinct lack of mysticism link with the Justice League, and Zatanna is the ideal secondary female for that reason.

Characters are more than their powers, it's the personalities too. Hawkgirl was the Wolverine (but a girl) of the team.

I'd describe those plots as Silver Age rather than fanfiction.

>Superman being a bit too much of an asshole by the end of the show (although it was justified pretty damn well),
If it was justified, then why was it a problem? It's called character development. You honestly consider it a problem that Superman isn't a 2-dimensional caricature? And that he changes in response to the world around him? Fucking plebs

Besides that, literally everything you listed is just a limitation of available time. One show cannot do EVERYTHING in the DCU. Don't knock the show just because it doesn't match the flawless, expansive version of the DCU that you hold in your mind.

>durr why don't they waste more time on my meme characters??
t. you

I think the Zatanna opinion is fine, but I actually don't really like her in the league because she isn't all that 'superheroic' to me, plus she's not as larger-than-life as Mera.

Mera just screams
>we can't think of how to make aquaman work and we needed another chick

This

>Supes was smacked down constantly
So, like in the comic books?

At the time people were most familiar with Morrison's JLA where no one jobbed and the threat levels were always cosmic.

Wonder Woman is pretty bland in general. It makes sense.

>At the time people were most familiar with Morrison's JLA
No?

Morrison's run was a top ten seller from 1997-2000, Justice League debuted in 2001.

You should be watching it period.

Cool math, that still doesn't mean that the general public had Morrison's JLA run in their minds while watching Justice League. That was you and a bunch of other nerds. The majority of people knew the characters from BTAS and STAS.

Watch either this or JLA. Hell, even the shitty Nu52 movies are better than the theatrical one

The DCAU was only missing Plastic Man

What the general public thinks has nothing do with this current line of discussion.

>objectively worse

It is precisely what this pointless argument is about. Superman always gets smacked around, no matter the adaptation. JL's Superman wasn't dumbed down in that regard.

They use him a lot in Justice League Action. Not to mention he's voiced by Master Shake.
youtube.com/watch?v=MvfXmYRPUBw

>Not to mention he's voiced by Master Shake
holy shit

The show handled the concept of evil Superman better than any other effort. Superman growing increasingly more cynical and jaded by the repetition of his and everyone else's heroism is a very human element, that didn't need overly exaggerated "EVERYONE I LOVED IS DEAD" or the tried and true "MIND CONTROL LMAO." There are days where we get tired of our routinely lives and just want it to stop.

youtube.com/watch?v=F0MRaLVATJ8

>like WW being kind of bland
See >them never really doing anything with WW's villains
What villains? Ares, Cheetah, and Circe all got screentime and they're pretty much the only villains she's got
>not ever doing the Multiverse proper
It's a cartoon with a finite number of episodes, introducing alternate universes would only bog things down.
>not doing much with Aquaman
Honestly they did more for Aquaman than pretty much anything else had up to that point.

Yup.

lul

>Make Barry
>Calls him Wally
What did they mean by this?

This show just went to the top of my "To Watch" list.

He's nothing like Barry

I hope your joking user. They even admitted to mixing characters.

Yeah, he's totally like Barry.
youtube.com/watch?v=_dQBLAWslLk

He'd get knocked down, but he wouldn't get up again, and that was the problem. Timm fully agreed with this criticism.

>Batwank:the show
Batman was only in, like, ten episodes. Season finale big team ups and a few other episodes sprinkled in.
Hawkgirl and Green Lantern's romance subplot had more screen time than he did.

This. The whole friends with Rogues thing originated from West. In fact, this Flash is very similar to the Loebs Flash in tone and personality, but most people only acknowledge the Waid run.

>they needed another woman.

That was the dumbest reasoning ever. Especially since Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman works best when she is teamed up with Hawkman with their entire lore not whatever the fuck they did with her in the show.

>They fixed it for the second season onward.

Did they? Because I remember Superman getting smacked around a lot even then.

Anyway, my problem with DCAU Superman isn't so much that they made him a jobber, it's that they basically made him into the Hulk of the team with a bland as fuck personality. Outside of maybe 1 or 2 episodes, he was easily the most boring JL member and that's not even getting into shit like that Christmas episode and Superman still believing in Santa Claus which was just further used to underline him as a dumb flying brick.

>all of these alternate universe images
>fucking Superboy Prime
>moments where he's pretending to be edgy
lol

>Hawkgirl and Hawkman are just objectively worse Superman and Wonder Woman.
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on Sup Forums.

Oh look, I angered one of 12 Hawkman fags who like his fucked up history.

I don't care about Hawkman at all, even though I enjoyed the Johns run from the early 2000s. Its just a really stupid thing to say.

>implying Jon Stewart isn't the definitive green lantern

I bet you prefer Barry over Wally too you fucking plebasarus rex

This has somewhat been forgotten, but JL/JLU was mired in rights issues.

They wanted to use Blue Beetle, Firestorm, Swamp Thing, Plastic Man, etc, but couldn't. Later on, they couldn't use any Bat characters because of The Batman or any Aquaman characters because of that attempt of a live action Aquaman show, hence the Legion not having Riddler or Scarecrow and someone called Devil Ray, who's clearly Black Manta and Aquaman not showing up at all in the final season. Rumor has it they wanted to do an Outsiders episode starring Nightwing and Black Lightning, but DC nixed it.

Even getting Wonder Woman in the show was a challenge because she wasn't the main character.

This version of Flash didn't really resemble anyone, he was kinda inspired by the JL Europe version of Wally, but thats just the way he tried to hit on everyone, rather than his full on personality. Personally I think he acted more like Impulse than any other speedster, which I assume is intentional because Impulse WAS the speedster on the team when JL was originally pitched to Kids WB.