Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LRbf_2bAdks
youtube.com/watch?v=UCDCbe3FGp8
youtube.com/watch?v=qEc1mZ-E_3A
cbr.com/two-actor-roles-mcu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>unimportant characters get killed off to artificially raise the stakes
wew.

I wouldn't really count Quicksilver, because we barely knew the guy.

>bad things happen
But where are the consequences of these events? What did quicksilver or yondu death's actually mean besides making a tidy narrative bow.

this, literally the only major death in DC movies has already been undone

don't even get me started on X-Men where death matters even less because the entire continuity can change between movies

>War Machine shown flying in the Cap/Black Panther/Bucky/Falcon/Black Widow/Hulk run

>people complain about no consequences
>people constantly complain that villains die off for good

>Death=consequences
Hpw has the world changed though? Because that's somethong DC is doing better than Marvel, showing how these events are changing the world around us.

but he's still crippled and Bucky is still a war criminal.

Trevor was a major death, he was the de facto protagonist on WW, the story was about her learning about the world though HIS adventure.

wanda's brother died.

Well for one quicksilver's death made Wanda vulnerable enough for Vision to comfort her and get closer to her, plus it meant she didnt really have any family left aside from the Avengers, meaning she'd definitely be stuck on the team.
As for Yondu, it literally brought back the original Guardians of the Galaxy, so that's a pretty big meaning there assuming they actually follow up with that idea

>showing how these events are changing the world around us
Literally the plot of homecoming was based off what happened in avengers, and Civil War was based off the events of AoU.

>Yondu
GOTG is the only good franchise
>Bucky
They wasted him in 2 movies with virtually no character development. He is basically a cardboard cut out and a wasted opportunity.
>explosion
What movie doesn't
>Rhode
He walked by the end of that movie

>that parker luck in full effect

>Literally the plot of homecoming was based off what happened in avengers, and Civil War was based off the events of AoU.
It literally wasn't.

How's that? Civil War dealt with holding the world's best known heroes as accountable for their actions, and the Avengers split up over it.

>Bucky

It makes me really worried for when he takes over. Will audiences even care? They fucked up pretty hard. No way he gets any development in IW.

>steve gets unfrozen to save the world
>bucky gets frozen to save the world from him.

poor brainlet didn't get the parallelism?

And Yondu's death pushed Peter to be more of a father to Groot.

Except Homecoming was just Peter deciding to be a street-level hero and Civil War made Cap and Tony magically make up in one letter even though Tony had absolutely no cool down time between that scene and their brawl moments ago.

The biggest consequences are the Avengers breaking up and Cap being on the run. He was America's Golden Boy but now he's hunted by his own government.

>GOTG is the only good franchise
GOTG2 was garbage. The one bit with Rocket opening up to Yondu was the only redeeming scene in that entire flick.

I don't know if audiences like like Bucky, but they pretty much 'Awwww' at his plotline. He's a cookie-cutter woobie; audiences swallow those hook and all. Captain Bucky will be fine.

Tired of all these 14 year old shitbag edgelords who think a movie can't be good unless there's shit tons of obvious symbolism and/or the main character murders someone or dies in the end.

You do realize that time passes between scenes, right? By the time the postal system got that letter to Tony Stank it had probably been at least a week.

>asgard went kaput
>peter ruined the life of his gf
>bucky's life is so fucked up his only solution is to get frozen
>stark's friend got crippled
>quickass died on his first mission

You made this thread because someone in another thread mentioned how Iron Man 3 had no consequences for what happened in it, didn't you?

>Bucky gets frozen to save the world

Tony doesn't necessarily accept Cap's apology though, his facial expression is ambiguous and considering Cap is still a shieldless outlaw he doesn't seem to have tried reaching out to Cap at all

>people are edgelords because they demand more than superficial drama

wew, the babbycore is strong with this one

nope.

but what's it to me if you don't believe me.

>asgard went kaput
Oh no but also Loki,Thor, and Heimdall AKA the only asgardians we actually know are still alive.

Do you expect anything else from someone who's favorite movies are Disney movies for kids?

>Sif
>Odin

is the last thing he says to Steve.

>Odin
umm...

>"I am Iron Man"
>the Chitauri invasion is pretty much 9/1, so much so that ot even shows up in non-canon shit
>Aunt May found out about Peter
>Peggy died
>T'Challa became king
>superheroes got fucking banned
Whoever says that they don't is an idiot.

It also finally convinced Rocket that his friends care about him, which is a massive thing for the little guy.

That doesn't make it true. The world didn't give a flying fuck about Bucky at that point. They used him as a plot device in both movies and didn't let him develop as a character at all outside of IM CONFLICTED. Im just gonna assume you've never read Brubaker's run cause none of you MCUfags read comics.

>the Chitauri invasion is pretty much 9/11
78 people died so that's nowhere close to being 9/11

>Sif
who?

I didn't like how they handled quicksilver's death, but the effect was pretty clear on Wanda in the following movies.

It added emotional stress to her, which made managing her powers difficult, which ultimately made her powers like a ticking bomb that exploded during Cap 2---and that scenario was a big reason for the argument in Civil War, which ultimately broke the Avengers and had Cap, Wanda and the rest in hiding.

It was a domino falling one by one for Wanda, and the trainwreck for her isn't stopping soon.

I doubt that user was even alive on 9/11, don't waste your breath.

THE INCIDENT

The aftermath of the Avengers kicks off vultures ascent into villainy
The aftermath of Avengers, winter soldier and AoU kicks off Helmut Zemo's civil war plan and civil war in general.

>The world didn't give a flying fuck about Bucky at that point
>nobody gives a fuck about 70 years of crimes

>>Bucky
>They wasted him in 2 movies with virtually no character development. He is basically a cardboard cut out and a wasted opportunity.

I disagree. I care for this robot-arm guy more than Thor or Black Widow, surprisingly. He seemed to have such a bad time in all movies, that I hope to see an end where he at least is okay.

He can't even know for sure if his spy self has killed someone in the last 3 hours. His subplot is a beautiful tragedy to watch. Poor guy.

No they didn't. Him staying free wasn't going to collapse the world like you seem to think so. He killed a bunch of people while brainwashed.

Just gloss over the part where you have to own up to never reading a comic in your life and knowing nothing about these characters.

>Peggy died
at the age of 95.
>T'challa becomes king
That's the natural state of the character.
>Superheroes got fucking banned
I didn't see Spider-man getting arrested or being chased by the police.

We'll never get another Hulk movie like this

youtube.com/watch?v=LRbf_2bAdks
youtube.com/watch?v=UCDCbe3FGp8
youtube.com/watch?v=qEc1mZ-E_3A

feels bad

There are no consequences because its a fucking movie.

"he was brainwashed" doesn't fly when there's no proof

When you put all of them that way, surprisingly it sounds like there are a lot of suffering in MCU lol

Well thats good, hopefully audiences feel the same. As someone who loved Brubaker's run though Bucky was a major let down. I remember walking out of the Winter Soldier like wtf did I just watch.
Bucky's entire plot just gets thrown to the side for a twist and not even resolved then they just put him on ice in Civil War.

because superheroes didn't get banned and Pete was in the right side.

Rhodey's coming back in Infinity War
Bucky's coming back in Infinity War
May won't matter
Asgard is a people not a place
Quickass doesn't matter.

RIP Yondu

He literally cannot stop himself when he gets "activated" and will kill without hesitation if instructed so. Guy thinks he's so fucked up, he probably would have killed himself already if it wasn't for the hope that Steve brings to him.

that Hulk always looked like a cartoon.

face mo-cap is a blessing

>the only major death in DC movies

The only major death in any DC verse are Thomas and Martha Wayne. Period.

>non-canon
>Dogs of Hell appear in AoS season one, later appear in DD season two and TP season one
>Judas Bullet appears in LC, later appears in AoS season four
>In season one of AoS it is said that Daisy grew up in St. Agnes Orphanage, in DD season one we learn Matt Murdock also grew up there.
>Inhumans reference events from AoS and have the same glyphs as their language
>AoS season one introduces Blackout and the concept of Darkforce, Darkforce appears in AC season two, Darkforce is what gives Cloak his powers in Cloak and Dagger
>DD season two has a gang war, news ticker in AoS season three talks about it
>Daisy mentions knowing Micro in AoS season two, Micro appears in TP season one
>Crusher Creel appears in AoS season two, Jack Murdock boxes Creel in DD season one
>The headline "Cybertek Settles" is seen in DD season two, Cybertek was introduced in AoS season one as the creators of Deathlok
>WHiH World News first appears in The Incredible Hulk, late appears in Iron Man 2, Daredevil season one, AoS seasons one through four, JJ season one, LC season one, IF season one, and Ant-Man and Civil War bonus features released online
>Agent Sitwell appears in Thor, later appears in AoS season one, returns in The Winter Soldier
>Lady Sif appears in Thor, later appears in AoS season one.
>Hydra weapons appear in Avengers, later appear in AoS season one, return in Age of Ultron
>Dr. List appears in post-credit scene for The Winter Soldier, later appears in AoS, returns Age of Ultron
And lastly, but most importantly, the thing that ties the TV shows to the films
>Metropolitan General Hospital first appears in DD season one, later appears in Doctor Strange
Stay mad head-canoner

I think it's implied in Homecoming that Tony and Cap reconnected at least a little. One of the things Happy is loading up in the plane is the prototype for his new shield

Daredevil put the casualties in the hundreds.
Nowhere near 9/11 though

*rips off heart*

Oh shit, I didn't know about that Doctor Strange reference. I thought they just dropped every TV show from movie canon, after the whole Black Mariah thing.

That's pretty good, I do really hope they cross over at some point.

No. The actress got greedy and figured nobody would notice she got double-casted.
cbr.com/two-actor-roles-mcu/
Also, she's not the only person to get cast twice in the MCU, she's just the most prominent because both her roles gave her enough presence to not be considered subtle or limited background.

They know how to account for casting errors. Just because they exist doesn't mean something is instantly stricken from canon. Did you learn nothing from Hela's stroll through Odin's vault?

The explosion is the destruction of asgard

We knew him about as well as we knew Snyder's Clark Kent, Which isn't saying much.

oh no not Quicksilver we devoted a whole twelve minutes of screentime to him

Okay, did you really, REALLY, ever expect any leads to die when they're still marketable? In a COMIC movie? The medium that's been based on status quo for EIGHTY FUCKING YEARS? Jesus you're stupid.

Being Tony Stark in the MCU is suffering. Everything you do tends to back fire in some way that hurts the people around you more then yourself. When you try to do the right thing, it still manages to backfire in some way you never expected. He needs a break, but god damn man it's like your entire life now is just making up for past mistakes.

>Side Charachter
>Back in the next film
>Alien planet, nobody cares
>Already shown recovering in the same film
>Honestly can't even remember half that film
>Nobody ever cared about Quicksilver

No, but did you really expect me to pay up to watch these stale movies? The medium that's been based on status quo for EIGHTY FUCKING YEARS? Jesus you're stupid.

>"Marvel movies have consequences
>"Those aren't actual meaningful consequences."
>"Why would a Marvel movie have consequences?"
What did he mean by this?

>movie kills the main character
>brings him back in the sequel
How stakes.

>this, literally the only major death in DC movies has already been undone
Diablo is still dead.

Pete sure gets around.

Ces.

Tony has been working on that since before Steve was defrosted. Does nobody remember Coulson picking it up in Iron man 2?

There's a difference between saying there are in fact consequences, and pointing out that expecting lead character death to be one of them is retarded. The entire plot of the last Cap movie WAS A CONSEQUENCE of the events of past films.

You can not pay for whatever you like, it's not going to change anything. People will keep going to these movies, they will keep making billions, and sooner or later you'll realize your "lone voice of reason shouting at the uncaring conformist pleb masses" thing should come with a mandatory fedora.

Has there ever been an elseworld like that? Where Crime Alley not happening affected the entire DCU rather than just Bruce?
I know it would be Batwank but it sounds like fun Batwank.

How can dceu even compete?

>Marvel movies have no consequences

There finished it for you.

DC killer Superman in their SECOND movie of the DCEU

Kys marvelbab

>Xandar fine and dandy at the end
>Bucky is awake in IW
>Quicksilver isn't even mentioned by Wanda again
I'll give you the Yondu one. What even is the Spidey supposed to be? Vulture going to jail? That's what's supposed to happen.

The hell does Xandar have to do with this? Did you confuse it with Agard (which was most definitely not fine)?

Kinda ruined some innocent girl's homecoming and life.

this
we don't want "themes" or depth or anything like that
all we want is dumb quips
#MCURedditArmy

do you need wanda to constantly mention her dead brother so you know she's sad? are you stupid?

Starlord killed his dad....but yah, unimportant

Maybe once or twice?

Bucky will literally be back in the next avengers movie. Rhodey is just crippled, not dead.
Some random classmate of peters has to move away and a character That was introduced in the same movie dies in said movie. Why am I supposed to care about this when it doesnt even make a dent in Comics?
The Yondu thing did get to me though but that was a character that I was invested in from a previous movie.
I didn't mention Asgard because NOBODY fucking cared when it exploded. If anything I care that Hela Died because I wanted to see more Odin child interactions. Maybe them going to therapy.

so you are saying there are no practical consequences for the actions they have taken and can for all effects operate as before

Cap wasn't even defrosted at that point was he? That came out of Howard Stark's stuff.

Kek, literally none of that matters to the films. Thus non canon

Who the fuck cared about Quicksilver?

Considering Rhodey is back and flying like nothing in the IW trailer and Bucky is running around, with Peter in the Iron Spider armor that he turned down in his own movie? Lol no.

Only Yondu was a lost that was felt and a true consequence of bringing the Ravagers together and making Peter realize who his dad was.

This, Bucky has no character in the MCU outside of what little they did in The First Avenger.

Which is annoying now that Zub made comic Bucky boring as fuck and angsty. It also looks like Rosenberg is going to do the same and forget the fact that Bucky and Clint are friends because they need to have drama about Natasha.

Bru's Bucky was a smartass who had his angsty moments but he wasn't wallowing or crying about being the Winter Soldier. He felt guilt but he also didn't let anyone give him shit about it.

But thee is proof and people who can testify.

They've been based on status quo for about 20 years, prior to that changes to the norm were much more acceptable.
>There's a NEW Robin (several times)
>Several NEW members of the titans
>There's a NEW Flash
>There's a NEW Green Lantern (three times
>There's a NEW Batgirl
>Hal has LOST HIS FUCKING MIND
>Batman's SPINE IS SHATTERED

In the early 2000s editorial for some reason became terrified of change, possibly because of negative reaction to some of the turds they released around that era (One Year Later, Identity Crisis) that caused their confidence to become shaken. But that's just my theory.

I think if it had happened in the 80s we'd still have Dickbats.

We knew he would be fine at the end of Civil War when he gave a speech about how he would do it again and was practicing walking again with advanced tech thanks to Stark. But the stakes wasn't him becoming a cripple, the stakes was Tony having an emotional breakdown and verging on villain territory.

Which he did by trying to kill Bucky and wanting to seriously injure Cap. Enough to chase both of them out of the States and into hiding in Wakanda. Sure, we know they come back in Infinity War, but I'm sure Black Panther is going to have brief cameos with them and we'll have probably a good 40 minutes of movie to see how Stark gets back together with Cap before he finally shows up in his punished beard.