This is literally Spider-Verse and just as poorly written

This is literally Spider-Verse and just as poorly written

At least in Spider-verse the villains were just vampires, this shit’s complete Batwank.

Go away marvelfag, Sup Forums stands with DC

Unless Batmetal has a ritual murder of Adam West's Batman along with shitting on the majority of Elseworlds's stories, it'll never be as bad as Spider-Verse.

Well it doesn't shit on Elseworlds, it shits on batman himself. He isn't Batman because of his parents, he's Batman because of Barbatos

Remember when it turns out that Joe Chill killed this Asian kid's parents right after he killed the Waynes then she locked herself in a bunker for twenty years at the urging of a character not seen since Knightfall where she learned how to be a vigilante from movies and also whenever she and Batman are in the same room they have an overwhelming urge to fuck?

Spider-Verse was fun though

Speak for yourself

Spiderverse was edgy at times but not THIS edgy

That's nothing more than a direct continuation of themes presented by Morrison.

>and just as poorly written

No

This may be poorly written but I haven't gotten mad at it like I did with Spider-Verse. So that automatically makes Metal a better written comic.

It doesn't shit on elsworld stories because they created dark versins of elseworld stories/universes to shit on.
The original elseworlds/universes are still there somewhere.

>stands with CIA, Snyder, Jurgens and Bendis
good for you

>This is literally Spider-Verse
Except not

I think the opposite is actually gonna resolve the whole thing. Batmen of the light multiverse getting together. Nothing would make me happier to see Adam West batman show up and BTFO batman who laughs.

This is far more enjoyable than spider verse ever was

>stands with DC
You literally couldn't have expressed this in a more faggy way.

Could you imagine Adam West's Batman effortlessly beating the Dark Knights?
>Disables Murder Machine with his handy Bat-Electromagnetic Scrambler
>Knocks out Devastator with an uppercut and two page spread "POW!"
>Not even Dawnbreaker's Blackout can suck away the light from his Bat-Flashlight

So there was a moment in metal more retarded than an oc vampire killing who was probably the most powerful Spider-Man of the multiverse?

>trips The Red Death
>Uses a giant Bat-Sponge on the Drowned
>Beats the Merciless at arm wrestling.

it would be ultimate Kino

You should actually read Metal, if only to help make you a better shitposter.

And then at the end he Bat-cuffs them and arrests them, meticulously listing all their criminal charges

OP hasn't read either, so he wouldn't know.

This. Spider-verse was kind of a masterpiece and more importantly it was FUN. I know DC fags don't know what that is but its what comics are supposed to be.

This shit is easily one of the worst books ever written

How is this not fun?

Was that before or after Ra's al Ghul swapped minds with Batman, and declared himself to be the Definite Detective? Also he acted like a complete retard, but everyone just thought he was under a lot of stress? And then he finally gave back the body to Bruce after the Joker kidnapped his love interest, Baby Doll?

This post sounds too fake.

>Spider-verse was kind of a masterpiece and more importantly it was FUN
If this isn't bait, you have some kind of brain damage. What exactly was "fun" about Spider-Verse? All the missed opportunities? The jobbing? The cringy villians? The wasted potential in having one of Marvels most fun heroes star in one of the edgiest events?

What exactly was "fun" about Metal? All the missed opportunities? The jobbing? The cringy villians? The wasted potential in having one of DCs most fun heroes star in one of the edgiest events?

>if I repeat what the other guy is saying I'll look like I have an argument!

Face it, you didn't read either event

Barbatos was created in the image of Batman, not the other way around, with Morrison

I'm pretty sure it's a post about Metal but with Spider-Verse swapped in

Barbatos original appearance, pre-Morrison, had him claiming that he was the one that created Batman, manipulating events to lead to him in order to eventually bring him to the world.

Morrison then through time travel hijincks had it so that Barbatos only became a bat demon known around Gotham in the first place after coming into contact with Bruce.

more like what if cancerverse invaded, but w/ more interesting designs and a lot of batjerking

You guys are actually retarded if you think that's going to stick or that the entire climax of this event isn't going to be Batman proving him wrong.

Like jesus

I thought pre-Morrison Barbatos was just a non-Batman related demon who fucked with Timothy Hunter

I'm not paying attention to Metal at all, just disputing that Morrison's Batman was inspired by Barbatos like the other user seems to believe.

>they devote a panel to two spider-men sucking the dick of the villain

You have to be 18 to post here kiddo

>Let's complain about comics we haven't read: The Thread

having read both, they're both in the same general area of bad

The difference is that Metal is over the top and silly and most likely won't have any wide effects that will matter, Spider-verse was just a kick in the balls to anyone that liked Spider-man and pointlessly killed a number of fan favorite characters for no reason at all.

Eh, Metal doesn't seem to actively go out of its way to annoy its readers like Spiderverse did, and for that alone I rate it higher.

I feel like everything Snyder does goes out of its way to annoy me specifically, but that is probably a personal issue.

>So there was a moment in metal more retarded than an oc vampire killing who was probably the most powerful Spider-Man of the multiverse?
Yeah, the entire event.

Superior was great, Otto is the Spiderman we need

The Bat demon Morrison and now Snyder are referencing was from "Dark Knight, Dark City" (originally called "Barbathos"). Aside from the name, I don't think he has any relation to the Tim Hunter enemy.

Spider-Verse was a bad writer knocking off a bunch of much more interesting iterations of a character and trying his hardest to make his character important.

Some stories are okay, but the overall thing was a fuckfest.

Batmetal is just bat-nonsense.

I disagree. Spider-verse had the problem of a weird, meandering plotline that was not personally tied to any of the characters. The Inheritors and Morluun were always shit-tier enemies, because they were only after Spider-man. More, the Spider-men didn't exactly cover themselves in glory here.

In Metal, the concepts for the Dark Knights are cool. However, the event's been very, very badly mismanaged. (Like Cyborg being the key to everything, even though Cyborg sucks cock like a Thai ladyboy hooker.) For instance, the Dark Knights never have a proper fight with their counterparts! The story is just begging for that, but all the fights are cut-short and retarded.

It's like Hal Jordan versus the Dawnbreaker. That's a matchup I want to see, but it turns out the Dawnbreaker just pops out of the dark and repeatedly punches Hal in the face. Merciless versus Wonder Woman had them throw a few punches, then the Merciless relied on a GHOST ARMY OF AMAZONS to win. (Most egregious is the Red Death and his fucking stupid super-speed Batmobiles).

Metal needed a long, drag-out, knock-down fight between each member of the League and the evil Batman counterpart. That was basically what we were waiting for, but they never actually do it for some reason. My guess is that comic writers don't actually know how to write a fight scene, compared to a manga where they spend chapters about the fight itself.

>Batman threatening to kill Flash with an army of Batmobiles
And yet they managed to make it a boring comic. DC has lost it.

Is that Judge Fear?

>What exactly was "fun" about METAL? All the random nostalgia pandering? Everyone constantly suffering? The cringy Batwank villains? The wasted potential in having one of DC’s most overused star in one of the edgiest events?

That better, faggot?

See, the problem is that we didn't get to see the fight. More, it seems kind of pointless - It's Batman with the Flash's superspeed! Obviously, I want to see the two of them running after each other, and the Flash going:

> "Oh fuck. He's Batman with superspeed. My advantage is that he isn't *used* to the power, he hasn't mastered the tricks that come with it. Maybe I could-"
> Barry gets punched repeatedly in the face
> "Shit, I keep forgetting he's the best conventional fighter amongst us all."

So it's the guy with a lot of power, but isn't sure how to use it, versus the experienced old-timer. Then Barry does something with vibrational frequencies to slow him down or explode him, I dunno.

>butthurt anti-batmanfags are actually defending the trash that is Spider-verse

And the the oc vampire jobs in a second to a generic giant spider monster.

Holy shit, what a mess.

Can't just both of it be trash?

thank you

Jurgens doesn't get enough hate.

That's kind of the problem; Bat writers are still shallowly copying Morrison.

Eh, it pleases me more than spider-junk.

>Chapters about the fight itself

Literally no comic will ever devote a fight to even more than one issue. If it did, it won't occupy the entirety of those multiple issues. Comics are not Battle Mangas that can dedicate an entire trade paper back to just one fight with a few interludes here and there to show what's happening outside.

Like Batman won't reverse the puzzle box and send the Dark Knights away.