Pick your favorite indie video game

Pick your favorite indie video game.
You are now in charge of creating a movie followed by an animated series based off of it.
Describe it to us.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9bQB5wdDDcQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think I'd reverse the order, make a miniseries (HM1) that culminated into a movie (HM2). That, or just have two seasons.

It's just really unfortunate. The aesthetic, the soundtrack, the action, the plotline, it's all there. But unless you want to do a stylistic rehash of the games from a non-top-down perspective, what you see is what you get. That, and the series ending is pretty much spoiled for anyone who hasn't seen it before and looks it up.

Friendly bump. These threads are better than Sup Forums or Big 2 shitposting.

A super cute then very dark diolouge-less animated movie about Ori would be nice.

Considering that Doom was developed around the time that id left apogee which caused the devs to build and distribute the game on their own - that would make the game "indie".

The movie - It would be like Aliens with a lot more monster designs and some Lovecraftian elements.

The series - Essentially like one of those 80's kids cartoons that were based off of violent adult films (like the Robocop cartoon or something like that)

I would take the animated series first since the sports part of the game fits better with something episodic. The movie would more or less just be a longer episode to end the series

The movie would pretty much just be an Indiana Jones movie with a resurrection gimmick, gory death, and moral depravity, where the spelunker's willing to mug stores and sacrifice not-Willie if it means ultimate power. Then he learns he wants to live with a clear conscience, so he kills himself on Olmec and goes through until he can beat the boss without Kapala cheesing.

The series would just be Spelunker is a Teacher, with less spelunking and more spelunkers living life until dying horribly to some mundane shit like snakes and rocks.

Animated cyberpunk Lord of the Rings.

Visually it would be CGI with a 2D-style render. Not 8-bit, just flat. MAYBE some 8-bit elements with some of the world's effects, I'm thinking like Scott Pilgrim's sword in the movie. Fights would be flashy and inventive, but there would be plenty of moments of peace and introspection, with the same beautiful views of the ruined world.

I think I would add a female co-protagonist besides the Drifter, but not as a love interest, just something to make a new character in the world. And obviously there would be very, VERY little dialog.

while i loved pyre's characters, the focus on player agency did kind of nip potential character conflict in the bud in the second half

assuming something like a 13-episode format
>first 4-5 eps cover the first few rites, introduce opposing teams, build up the dynamics of your reader + the surviving exile trio as the protags with tidbits of the other party members sprinkled here and there
>establish comfy team dynamic and set up the seemingly good ending where everyone goes home at once
>6th episode is the first liberation rite and drops the only one person can return at once bomb
>pacing speeds up to reflect the quickening rites, tone shifts to a more strained, fractured one as party members realize they might not not leave
>episodes 9-12 are solemn character studies of the leaving party member on top of rites, maybe mix in a loss (preferably to the dog and his boy) to increase tension
>episode 13 is you vs. og nightwings, with backstory reveal and speech callbacks

I feel like HLM 1 is concise enough to make it the movie, following Jacket with Biker's bits dispersed throughout. Make their fight a trippy, confusing mess, and end with Biker confronting the Janitors and driving away, as Jacket kills the Father and tosses the Polaroid.
HLM2 would work as a mini series with how many different characters and stories it intertwines.

I'd make it 18+ and have Frisk fuck every single monster he meets into submission while retconning a lot of the game's initial ideas. I'd make every male monster into a female, and instead of LOVE meaning Level of Violence, I'd make it stand for Limitless Orgasms (for) Voluptuous Enemies because the bigger the titties of the monsters, the more EXP they'd give Frisk, which would enlarge his penis. Also, EXP would stand for Erotically Xtreme Phallus instead of Execution Points.

When it came time for the movie to be made, I'd crowdfund it on an uncredible site after giving a few thousand sheckles to an Asian animation company to make a potentially nice looking trailer, then I would release a terrible final project that looks like garbage that was made with Adobe Flash before running away with the money and living the rest of my days off of nothing but Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew while I wait to see if I die from diabetes before Tobyfox kills himself.

What a visionary

Probably could make a fairly easy transition, with potential for both engaging story and more one-off episodes.

The movie would likely follow the original game. Start with Shovel and Shield going to the tower and having the accident happen, follow Shovel Knight in his misery for a bit before the call to action, perhaps thanks to an unwelcome visit from Black Knight spurring him to action. Cue a search for information about Shield Knight from the Order of No Quarter, with most either refusing to tell (i.e. Specter) or others simply not knowing. Eventually Shovel Knight is directed back to where it began, and he confronts the Enchantress. Defeats her with the help of Black Knight (get a redemption arc going, besides he seems fairly ambiguous and wants to help Shield Knight). Save Shield Knight, seal away the Enchantress, and end it.

The series can go in a lot of directions from here. Some could touch on the past, such as Specter Knight's backstory. We could also cover events from Plague of Shadows and King of Cards. Then there could be other, more humorous episodes involving simple stories and interactions between the knights. Could lend itself to a fun concept.

>an entire episode consisting of nothing but plague dancing with mona
i'd be down

The movie centers on just how the ship was sabotaged, we get introduced to the various survivors and what they were doing before having to evacuate the crashing vessel and their ultimate seperation as they all reach various escape pods to land on the planet.

The show is most of the crew slowly coming back together to find a way off a hostile world that wants them dead for reasons unknown all the while trying to find a way to escape.....

make this a mini series use flash animation no vc just make it like a book.

>movie is the very start of the background story about Sam awakening Mental on Sirius by accident and him fighting against the first onslaughts
>series is some wacky version of Starship Troopers with humanity losing one planet after another until they get driven back to Earth which then ties directily into the beginning of SS4

Honestly, probably something like 12 oz Mouse.
Bizarre episodic comedy that gradually develops a borderline incomprehensible plot. All done in stop-motion.

I'm fine with whatever as long as Somsnosa's cute.

I barely had any idea what that shit was all about and I loved every second of it.

Providence did nothing wrong.

Besides crash a ship with many dangerous artifacts on it, enrage the local fauna and natives, kill a bunch of people, all to prove how strong he was.

Aside from that he did nothing wrong.

Not sure about a whole cartoon but I can see it as short episodes in between ads. Action based, muted character with maybe new music from the same compositor, and I say new only because even tough its an amazing soundtrack it might not be the best for an animation.

Maybe create a simple plot to tie in episodes

Surprised Nobody has posted Deadbolt yet.

Movie blows through the first act of the game taking out the zombie kingz operation, with dark and noir tone as the game had. The Reaper picking up clues and stopping at his home three times, the intro, the middle, and the end to peice evidence together and consult the flames, get new weapons, and prepare for his next outing.

The series continues the Reapers exploits after the movie, following and showcasing each level of the game until the end, about one level/ stage per episode in as much detail 11 minute episodes can showcase, and being a sort of detective figuring out where to go and slowly figuring out the plans/ plot by the gangs. while still having fast paced action broken up with stealth, detective work, and story bits. The reaper stopping back home consulting the flames to end each episode with a monologue as the credits roll with the main theme slowly getting lowder until it fades out for commercials. maybe throughout two seasons to shorten them out. With the finale being a one hour special bookending the reaper's tale withthe last act of the game.

The series and movie having a very dark, noir mood and the animation being a stylized 2d animation almost anime-esque but distinctivly western, to allow the reaper to show off his skills, such as vanishing in smoke to avoid detection or bullets with beautiful lighting, and glorious bloodsplatter. As well as to give a sort of life to the world, im thinking an artstyle like Lastman, or something Samurai jack mixed with amythest princess of Gemworld. And for the voice of the reaper for inner monologues to be along the lines of Ron pearlman with a soft/ weak voice with an echo filter, and the flames to be voiced by someone with a very booming and commanding voice like Michael Ironside

Something like Samurai Jack but the protagonist uses more weapons.

a dry humored comedy of 2 people operating the device and their reactions to the ever evolving manner of it with some of the more ridiculous things explained away in a very british-comedy fashion
>"Why can this device both nuke the planet and turn back time?"
>"Well after nuking the world you'd want a way to un-nuke it now wouldn't you?"
Series would be more of the same with them working through increasingly complex puzzles and trying to just get it back to the single button as they try and hide the highly complex board from their superiors.

Nibba, I just completed this game and I forgot how beautiful it gets at times.
I also heard a while back that someone at the studio wants to make a movie of this.

Okay OP, why don't you tell us your idea?

I don't care if it's a B-title and not a real indie
EDF!
EDF!

You ever see the Doom movie with The Rock. They made the Demons a Martian virus, what’s worse is that it went off whether or not evil was in your DNA, if you were good you became Superhuman.

The last 5 minutes makes it worse by doing a first person segment because you realize that that was kinda their isn’t this cool! Moment.

Fuck yes.

How is this game? What's it play like?

it's not my favourite indie game but this was practically made for a tv show, just watch the trailer
>youtube.com/watch?v=9bQB5wdDDcQ
probably make it centered around the four main clan members, all plotting their own to take down the king/become king I.E. thane would use combat, amber would use politics, mercurio uses trickery and sana uses wyld, have a little subplot about about the banes, maybe a couple of cameos with the other characters

except for trying to fight a commando with 8 missile racks.

like symphony of the night.

it's pretty good, and real long for a 15 dollar game. it also got a couple of free dlc that came out that adds new bosses.

It's a shame Armello was a game instead of literally anything else because it plays like ass

truly ahead of our time

The movie would adapt the early game stuff as well as the plot line about the land's water not sustaining life any more, that all culminates in a fight between the Moonblood and General Gaius' forces, with Dust making himself known to the latter .

It ends on a downer but hopeful note (losses on everyone's side that illustrate the folly of war, et. all) but Dust manages to restore the water and both military powers back the hell off rather than completely shitwreck everything.

The TV series would unfold the rest of the game's events, actually stretch out the conflict between Dust and Gaius so the latter isn't just some asshole following orders from any unseen emperor and delve deeper into Dust's identity crisis and flesh out the games' other plot threads, including instances that focus on the town folk who just want to fucking survive a war they have no stake in that's poured out into their home. Season 2 would... well, I'm being hopeful, but it would be whatever the creator intended for the sequel.

Movie is claymation/stop motion/Laika-esque fun fest of sometimes quirky, sometimes sad weirdness that is actually an adaptation of Earthbound Beginnings/ Zero/Mother 1 of Ninten and his friends that basically plays out like a sci-fi Stand By Me, with a plot that mostly focuses on most of the adults and other abductees vanishing and Ninten organizes the other kids into putting a stop to it. Have some of the messages be about learning to be self reliant, your folks aren't always going to be there for you, etc.

The TV series is a legit Earthbound adaptation with the 8 melodies plotline that is less prevalent or changed in the movie/Mother 1's version due to time constraints. Ninten is Ness's dad, Dr. Andonuts is an associate to the now adult Lloyd and whatever else you need to tie things together. Since you can't (easily) have a stop motion TV show, use a flash animation style that kinda emulates the original film and just beat the band the best you can with that.

I really have no idea how to make a movie out of this. It's much better suited for slice of life/adventure stuff, which is what I'd make the TV series about.

Honestly I'd just retell the game's plot for a movie, with some dialogue fixed and more scenes to show off the headlining characters. Maybe delve a bit further into Torque, Spade and Brevon's character, that sort of thing.

not really indie but the Dragons Crown crew going on monster slaying/eating adventure in the vanillaware style would be top tier. Episodes have different combinations of four of them going to various locations, meeting locals, doing battle, cooking food, and learning more about the looming evil they have to face if they wish to see their holy mission to the end. Side plots could be the two left out of an expedition either just hanging out or doing recon around town to learn about new leads.

have you read Under(her)tail? That's kind of what you're describing.

I loved Pyre's world it was really orginal for a fantasy story, All of supergiants games are pretty original actually.

I have not. The creator has to know that he's sitting on a platinum mine, right?

I acrually always imagined it'd be like a don bluth movie, but with peanuts looking characters

episodic webseries, probably centering around a hapless assistant with friends in each department (idiot captain that considers himself a mentor, cute but very unethical scientist gf, very sketchy chef, etc.). each episode follows some minor issue that quickly rockets into the entire station being destroyed, but everything's fine the next episode

basically Sealab 2021 in space

at the end of the first season reveal the series is actually serialized,the station is actually blowing up and the syndicate/other crime groups have an actual consistent plan, but the station comes back every time due to mass cloning and NanoTrasen fucking with time science

Hell yeah! Just imagine the potential for future episodes:

>HAND-10 find himself with a stupid ammount of Rapid Mitosis. It's not until he finds the Unstable Watch when the real fun begins

>The Mercenary has been corrupted with not one, but three wicked rings. It's up to the Huntress and her tripple Alien Head to stop this maniac (pic related)

>It's a beautiful day outside, and a Golem wants to trow a party for the local monsters. Little does he know that the Clay Soldier, who also wants to help him, has a different understanding on what that actually means...

>The Chef has decided that on this day, he will cook for Providence, since everyone deserves a good meal. But on his journey to find the most exquisite ingredients, the local monsters also want to have their meal...

those are all the episodes I'd write on a boring afternoon

Does TF2 count as indie?

id at it's most successful, publisher or not, was run like a small indie studio out of an apartment
the problems started after they got retardedly rich off of doom
also there was a doom movie :^)

>nerdy Air Raid
>big stronk Fencer
>hot waifu bait Wingdiver
>Ranger as charismatic team lead
Basically writes itself.

honestly, this could really work, have it play out like samurai jack, it would be really fucking good
fuck man, I just wanted a spiritual successor to redwall I still enjoy it though