Help me out here. In the movie Strange could reset time or w/e, always came back after dying...

Help me out here. In the movie Strange could reset time or w/e, always came back after dying.. so why is Thanos going to be such a problem?

bc there wasn't any time in the Dark Dimension

He used the time gem, which Strange put back where it belonged at the end of the movie to be guarded. Thanos steals it

We'll both find out May 4th

shuma movie when?

This. The only reason he was able to do that was because the Time Stone became essentially became the focal point of time in the Dark Dimension. Had he kept doing that sort of shit on Earth, like Wong said, it would've been really dangerous.

Because it's not gonna be Thanos. It's gonna be Ebony Maw, who in the comics, was able to overcome and control Strange. That's more than likely how he's going to get the Time Stone out from under him, Rather than just repeatedly destroying Strange like Dormammu did, meaning Strange won't even have it when he faces Thanos.

Yea, you start to warp reality. Which if they get the reality stone and can harness it's power maybe they can use the time stone without ducking up the universe. The way time functioned in dormammus plane allowed the groundhog day to happen. He introduced the concept of time to the plane.

Exactly. It didn't ripple with anything but itself so the damage was minimal to none

I need to remember this.

My best friend thought the ending was stupid because "There shouldn't BE any time to manipulate if he's a timeless being or just shouldn't be affected."

My boss had a dumber argument though of "what stopped Dorammu from saying 'okay, i'm going to torture you every seventeen seconds and see how long you last'?"

Which, as I pointed out to him: "what the fuck do you think Dorammu was trying to do?"

wouldnt work. Thanos is still governed by our physics. He wont be out of time, so he strange wont be able to bargain with him. Every time will be the first time that thanos killed strange.

If strange does use the gem to reset time, it will be at best a "save point", he will get unlimited trials to kill thanos, but if he never does, it wont matter.

what if dormamu just let him live?

It's not even unlimited. If Thanos ever manages to get the stone from him, it's over.

strange went to face dormammu with a plan, so basically prep time bullshit. thanos is just going to show up and not give him a chance. but mystics should be able to sense thanos.

its gonna be maw not Thanos

>but mystics should be able to sense thanos.
Isn't one of his goons a mystic though?

yeah. you're right. it'll be maw.
um. i think most are fighters. supergiant can mind read/control. ebony maw can control people.

Over using the Time Stone in his own dimension would cause catastrophic repercussions.
In the Dark Dimension there was no time so he was able to abuse the Time Stone's power for as long as he liked.
The reason why Thanos will be able to use it more than Strange could is the Infinity Gauntlet acts as a dampener so he can directed how much energy from the stones he wants to use.

Mordo made it seem like if he did that in forward-moving space-time, the universe would come in and *fix* whatever issue was going on.

>My boss had a dumber argument though of "what stopped Dorammu from saying 'okay, i'm going to torture you every seventeen seconds and see how long you last'?"
What stopped him is the fact that he had no concept of time and that was scaring the piss out of him.
Killing Strange over and over was useless anyway he'd just get healed instantly and come back. And as Strange said he's use to pain so the mental strain wouldn't effect him the same.

The power stone could make the time stone go crazy and kill Strange. Also if Thanos has the reality and power stones time doesnt mean shit