ITT: Villains stopped from actually saving the world

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8_-qKWJLHbM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pic unrelated? His plan would have exposed the monster world.

Except there was no evidence that the scream extractor worked, and laughter ended up being far stronger, and easier to obtain. So in the end, everything worked out for the best.

He didn't care about ending the power crisis. He just wanted to maintain the status-quo and keep his company in control of everything.

Well, in the end laughing was more powerful than screams.

He was right to want automation to take over jobs, but doint it the wrong way.

Monsters should all be children stand up comedians or something.

Actually, the best option for them would be to let humans ackowledge the existence of their society and try to work together sharing their miraculous energy generation with us.

It always confused me how monster society could label Waternoose a bad guy. Humans were not actually dangerous for monsters, and by the end of the movie everyone knew that, so what rationale is there for his arrest if his only crime is taking human children and extracting their screams? It's deplorable by human standards, but for monsters that's equivalent to taking batteries and draining them until they're gone, which is hardly a crime.

It's not even animal cruelty, I guess.

I think parts of the movie was a metaphor for some people don't like change (especially in the workplace) and sometimes you have to force people to adapt and maybe some racism metaphors sprinkled in

Is it tiring jumping at shadows all day?

Yeah, but I mean, he got arrested. What on earth could they plausibly charge him for, given all of his crimes were only bad from a human (read: not monster) standpoint?

At best he saves his world

maybe he was acquitted, but by the time all the paperwork was sorted though, Sully had already come up with a better idea and Waternoose lost public credibility for work.

Sup Forums would have you believe that the only way to really save the world would be to have it burn down in a gigantic war

Skynet also in this pool

and the Buenos Aries attack from starship troopers

>so what rationale is there for his arrest if his only crime is taking human children and extracting their screams?
If children disappear, then their parents are going to find out.

>Monsters kidnap a few children
>There's one person that has some sort of monitor that watches their kids and they see something take one of them into a closet
>Someone decides to find out how this creature got into our world
>Through science and Paranormal investigation they discover a world filled with monsters
>They find the children, in some factory, and they're hooked up to machines that look to be draining their lifeforce(They don't know what it is but the kids look pale and un-healthy
>They rescues the kids and tell the rest of earth what happened
>This motivates all the world governments to set aside their differences and take a stand against child-stealing monsters
>Literally every government pools their resources and weaponry against those creatures
>Nukes, infantry, drones and god knows what else we created comes raining down on the monster world
>Millions or billions of monster citizens are killed
>It doesn't matter who wins, billions of people are dead because of one man's greed
Waternoose would have caused so much damage to the monster world that it would be unfathomable.

If I recall, it was implied that Monsters Inc. had been making children vanish for many years, to the point where the CDA had launched an undercover investigation to figure out what was happening.

Maybe most monsters aren't total dicks and recognize humans are a sapient species with rights even if they have to terrorize their children for electricity.

Either it was given a happy ending or everyone in the united states of monsters thought this was morally fucked up.

>Sup Forums would have you believe that the only way to really save the world would be to have it burn down in a gigantic war

Basically. They're like an unironic pokemon villain.

and Putin is Giovanni, manipulating it all

If he had gotten the formula for the terragenesis right so people didn't turn into mongoloids.

I mean, if everyone had superpowers, that would be huge in protecting the Earth from alien threats. There might be some chaos at first, as with any major societal change, but once governments have some kind of police force with the more powerful Inhumans and the baddies are all locked up, the Earth would be drastically better defended against the vast amount of threats in the Marvel Universe.

Honestly, I was really disappointed with Monsters University because it focused on a fucking university, that was really just a human university with a few quirks thrown in.

It would have been much more interesting to see a parent find out that their kids are being terrorized by a monster through some sort of surveillance and threatening to expose the entire monster world.

lol wrong thread

>They're like an unironic pokemon villain.

>Not wanting to live forever while every living being outside your cabal ends up erased from existence

youtube.com/watch?v=8_-qKWJLHbM

I mean, Ultron's motivation was pretty poorly handled, but it technically wasn't wiping out the world. Not at first.
He wanted to turn the whole of humanity into beings like Vision — the next step in human evolution by his count — but he was fucked in the head and when they stole (his) Vision from him, he decided "Yeah nah. If you don't want to become literal gods in my image, you can go extinct. I'll just build more of me."

Bottomline, his goal was to save everyone by killing them.

Remember that time Waternoose and Randall teamed up with Sid?

No! what is this? something fucky is going on here

>because it focused on a fucking university, that was really just a human university with a few quirks thrown in.
That is the reason I don't like MU, it is just a generic american college movie with monsters in it. At least the ending is pretty good.

Probably because he almost murdered two of his employees...

Pick a Korra villain.

Pick the Fire Nation

Pick Vaatu

Pick Raava

Pick the Reapers

Pick the Avatar

>Promoting an extremely inferior fuel source to the risk of your entire species

Koch sucker.

Deep.

What would a monster have to do to make you laugh, Sup Forums?

Show me a picture of (you)

Maybe Banepost.

How much do orgasms go for these days?

Gotta capitalize on those wet dreams.