What are the essential Animated DC movies?

What are the essential Animated DC movies?

I like it too but man is the animation shit.

Movies are shit, the DCAU casted too large of a shadow.

Under the red hood

I've seen it, pretty gud

Not that, that's for sure. As one of the few Barry based movies, it's an extreme disappointment. As a waste of time in adapting one of the worse of the recently crappy series of Johns' (My Fan Fiction Is Becoming Canon) big events it a poor use of what appears to be WB animations increasing lack of willingness to to make these films or release them for public sale and consumption.

I like the movie itself, but the character designs and animation is dogshit. Everyone in that movie and JL Doom and so on all look like early JoJo characters with their ridiculous proportions.

Mask of the Phantasm, Under the Red Hood, and the one with hot-ass Killer Frost.

idk I didn't think it was that bad, it was just the most recent DC movie I've watched

Flashpoint really gets around. Its been adapted as an animated movie, on TV, and soon a movie. All in the span of seven years like what gives

Anything pre-Flashpoint Paradox. After that all the New-52 ones are shit but stuff like the Batman 66 and Gods and Monsters are great.

Best DC animated movies in my opinion:
Batman Mask of the Phantasm
Return of the Joker
New Frontier
Wonder Woman
Crisis on Two Earths
Under the Red Hood
Dark Knight Returns
Gods and Monsters (maybe?)

Has some good action, might be worth it:
Gotham Knight
Superman/Batman Apocalypse
Emerald Knights
DC Showcase: Return of Black Adam and The Spectre

It’s the only Flash story most casuals know

Superman/Batman Public Enemies was pretty good too

Everything up until that movie.

Hell, that one wasn't even that good.

>pic not related

It wasn't but it didn't make me mad that I watched it and it had a little novelty factor. Almost everything after Flashpoint besides Gods and Monsters is a waste of time to even pirate

Don't forget the little gem that was Hal's moment in JL: War.

All I remember about JL War is how ugly it looked

Assult on Akhram is a immensely better Suicide Squad adaption, then the piece of shit live action one.

Cereal Lord wants the cash, and in his position as the COO he gets to suggests what stories and arcs from almost 80 years of DC Comics get adapted into live action, animation, etc. and he's way more invested in having his shitty canon adapted then going back to the 75+ years of, for example, The Flash in any incarnation to give a fuck about whether it's a good story.

If it's the only story casuals know (which is BS, since before the cartoon and before the DCW adaptation, that would have likely been JL/JLU Wally) it's purely do to being pushed by Johns.

Are there any more being made?

Yes. Gotham by Gaslight, Assault on Arkham sequel, and Death of Superman. Gotham of Gaslight seems like it could be mildly decent but I'm not going to hope for much.

Wow, all that salt. The movie was fine, it was good to have it there, and it even did some things better than the comic.

It's hard enough trying to find one that isn't sit let alone one that's "essential"

Under the Red Hood.

It was way better than it had any right of being.

Both Lantern Movies are better then the live action one

>Gotham of Gaslight seems like it could be mildly decent
They're forcing Catwoman into the plot so I'm guessing trainwreck.