/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

What Could have Been Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Graphic Novel Adaptation (Tue 12)
Adventures #5 (Wed 13)
Star Wars#40 (Wed 13)
Star Wars Battlefront II: Resurrection (Wed 13)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Fri 15)
The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Fri 15)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Bomber Command (Fri 15)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections (Fri 15)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (Fri 15)
Chewie and the Porgs (Fri 15)
The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron (Fri 15)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

scarfolk.blogspot.com/2015/12/unreleased-star-wars-merchandise.html
youtube.com/watch?v=fgRFQJCHcPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sloth Milk is a great source of vitamins and nutrients

I hope Rian loses his trilogy after this trainwreck

The Last Jedi was absolute trash. Don't spend your money on it.

Laura Dern got hundreds killed solely because she wanted to prove how smart she was and she got a heroic sendoff for it.

>tfw no official SealSloth-flavored milk to dribble down my beard like a fucking savage

Twilight is better than the Last Jedi it seems.

HAHAHA. ST.

no, Poe got hundreds killed because he wanted to be a big damn hero

but Holdo probably should've just pointed out the fucking window

Don't worry, I didn't. I found an English camrip of it. I did enjoy some parts, like Snoke getting the ginsu treatment for his back problems, and Yoda freaking out Luke by lighting that tree on fire, and Luke's little "trick", but it was still a subpar movie feeding off of nostalgia.

Did anyone else think there was a plot about a mole that never got carried out? that's why i thought Laura Dern was so secretive.

Also, that guy who stabbed them in the back got away with vast crates of money.

I was thinking the new Admiral girl was a First Order plant after DJ said the Resistance buys ships from the same person as the First Order.

Even then, Poe is still a loyal officer and probably still their highest-ranking pilot. There's a point where teaching a lesson needs to take a back seat to not getting people killed.

Yes, as soon as they started talking about being tracked, I expected a traitor in their midst.

This is what peak performance looks like. You may not like it but it is the truth.

he was the best character. i like that Luke and this one guy are the only people who seem to have realized that both extremes are stupid.

>like Snoke getting the ginsu treatment for his back problems
That was fucking horrible you shit taste faggot

Remind me again, what is the fucking Story and Plot of the Sequel Trilogy?

Are these movies even thought out or just random scenes cut together.

or how about when he mutinies? Jesus Christ. literally raise a finger and everything would resolve itself. though i guess Snoke might not've died, so it's the WILL OF THE FORCE or something like that.

Since TLJ is about failures, what was hers? Serious question.

Not being worth enough credits for the good drinks.

del Toro was 100% the best part of the movie. i laughed out loud when they got caught and he instantly had his hands up surrendering.

came back from the theater, I have many feelings about this movie

Not becoming Kylo's gf

oh yeah I think it's probably intentional that both sides fucked up to some extent.

Failure to stay consistent.

Legitimately, pretended to care about Han Solo and now is sucking his killers dick.

Pure tsundere bitch.

Pantoran girlcum is far more nutritious

The tracking had me thinking that instantly, and the way she was so dismissive of Poe from the outset just reinforced it further.

But I actually liked that it turned out she was legit all along and just apparently terrible at TELLING SIGNIFICANT PERSONNEL WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF CRAZY PLAN YOU'RE RUNNING.

>didn't correct the Out This Week
>didn't bother linking to the old thread
OP you're not very good at this

She looks elsewhere for answers and strength when they should come from within herself, and she holds herself too strongly to an ideology that has already proven seriously flawed at best.

Fell for Snoke's bait for thinking she could turn Kylo if she went to him. Allowed herself to become so obsessed about knowing who her parents are that when she finds out they're literally whos it gave Kylo a weakness to try to exploit to get her to turn dark.

Why should we care?

You were supposed to think that, the entire movie was a cockblock of subverted expectations.

Literally everything.

>Rey's parents
>Kylo's confliction
>Snoke
>Everything about Holdo
>Leia's dead
>Except she isn't
>The slicer they sought after isn't DJ
>DJ's betrayal after rescuing the heroes
>DJ doesn't have a change of heart like Lando
>Phasma's fight and death
>Finn's death
>Luke's not really dead
>Actually he is
>The last Jedi was Rey all along
>And Leia is still alive

The entire movie, every character and plot thread, it was all just a huge cockblocking subversion of expectations, and in a very cynical way too.

Even "I have a bad feeling about this" is said by BB-8 as an easter egg.

To be fair, Poe was being such a baby that I don't blame her for preferring to just kick him out of the bridge and not having to sit there and explain her plan to him.

What's wrong with out this week besides the lack of space between Star Wars and #40?

I didn't post the link because someone else made a new thread and posted it before me

Dunno why they deleted it instead

she literally could have pointed out the window

Forgot knights of Ren, then no knights of Ren

>What Could have Been Edition
kek
took me a moment to come to the conclusion

all she had to say was that there was a plan at all.

>What's wrong with out this week besides the lack of space between Star Wars and #40?
We're on Sunday now, that's when we usually update it for the next week. Though I guess with the threads moving fairly quickly this weekend we'll probably have a chance to correct it before the day's over.

Fuck you, I liked it. Snoke was a shitty character, like most of these new "characters", and got a shitty ending.

Not being a proper Imperial.

That wouldn't have worked, since when Poe found out there was a plan and it was a plan he didn't like he literally threw a tantrum and called her a traitor. The core issue here was that Poe didn't trust her even when she did have a plan and it wasn't until Leia was around that he finally calmed down.

Leia also literally just pointed at the planet

>tsundere

I don't recall any scenes where Rey stammers and calls Kylo a baka

I KNOW

I KNOW I'VE LET YOU DOWN

the entire resistance is filled with horribly written and stupid characters honestly.

>do you not have a shirt or something you can put on

BUT.

She knows that he has this tendency. She knows that he has a history of violating orders when he thinks it's the right thing to do. She also makes no effort to explain what her plan is, or to have anyone else who might be able to talk to Poe explain it to him (like any of the officers who mutiny with him, perhaps?). I'm not saying that Poe wasn't being childish, and didn't need to be put in his place, but Holdo gave a dog a steak and got angry when he ate it.

>one of the few new exciting things that TFA brought to the table
>"lol no, let's just throw it out of the window"
Is disney deliberately trying to undermine it's own sw movies?

TUMBLING

Even though the movie was dogshit, atleast the toy line gave us a great palpatine with a perfect cloak that doesnt look weird for either being sculpted bad or being cloth

It hurts.

There's some good things in this flick.

We find out Snoke thinks Kylo Ren's black armor and mask are idiotic and clearly it's all Kylo Ren's idea to emulate Vader.

Kylo Ren being unbalanced by killing his own father is credited by Snoke as the reason he lost to a girl who had never held a lightsaber before.

Snoke doesn't actually fear the Jedi as such but rather the hope they represent to the rest of the galaxy. Gotta snuff out that last hope if you truly want to dominate the galaxy. The light side will always make a new challenger, however without the reputation of the Jedi which is known to the galaxy it will be harder for a new person to ignite the spark of rebellion. Apparently Snoke's crooked, wrinkly, scarred hateboner against the Jedi is merely political.

When Luke's door gets bust in I expected it to be Rey showing off her power levels, I was glad it was just Chewie being Chewie.

BB-8 finally got to do some shit to make himself useful beyond being a rolling flash drive meant to sell toys.

Chewie finally got his Leia hug. Bout damn time.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT!?

TLJ made me like Kylo Ren more, but goddamn is Adam Driver still a weird-looking motherfucker, with ears like that he could jump from a plane without a parachute and land softly.

farm boy doing what farmers do

>Star Wars oranges
Please, for the love of Christ, tell me that isn't real... I thought RLM was just making up the silly tie in products... What's next, Star Wars brand coffins... Oh, I think those already exist.

>yoda is a weirdo hermit
>luke is a weirdo hermit

This gif is gonna get a lot of use in these threads

all i could think about was watching him in girls where you see so much more so much more often

like i don't think he wore a shirt until the end of the first season

I've started using his ears as a unit of measurement

also that old guy with the rangefinder is great. him and Benicio del Toro are the two best new characters.

what was the OG plan?

when will these two forcefuque

Are you new to Star Wars? Do you think the merchandising only started in 2012?

scarfolk.blogspot.com/2015/12/unreleased-star-wars-merchandise.html

Not turning Kylo, which was her goal to help win the war, and going about trying in the wrong way.

Also, things probably would have turned out better if she'd just taken his hand and asserted her will over his. He's clearly infatuated with her, and the reason he went apeshit is because she rejected him and he perceived her as trying to backstab him when she pretended to reach for his hand only to pull for Anakin's saber.

She almost succumbed to Kylos dick. Almost

>he thinks that the over-merchandising of Star Wars is a new thing

I sure am glad they told us it was salt, not snow, so we knew that they weren't just rehashing Hoth! What clever filmmaking!

also who the fuck just fucking licks the dirt on an unfamiliar alien planet

She stammered her words when she saw him shirtless, then embarrassingly asked him to cover up

youtube.com/watch?v=fgRFQJCHcPw

I heard someone say that the next star wars show after rebels will take place during the Kotor era. Does anybody know if that's true or not?

>Kylo, I want to follow you
>But I can't

>Kylo says he knows, sulks, and calls the entire fleet to go back home
>claims the escaping shuttles are just debris from the main cruiser and kills anyone who says different

i can see it

Oh, I'm not new, I just don't buy tie-in merchandise. Waste of fucking money, aside from some of the older games.

I didn't know it was bad enough that FUCKING ORANGES were being used as stand ins for BB-8!

Why does he look like this? What the fuck is he supposed to be?

>The one who died because he was a bit tired

My sister and I realized this after watching the whole movie and it totally made the most kino moment of the movie feel completely and utterly invalid.

It's just one of the rumors right now. Another one is that the next show will take place between ROTJ and TFA.

None. JJ literally didn't have a plan for Rey's background.

Rian moved through the motions of making change only to regress everything and throw the ball in JJ's court. Will Kylo Ren be redeemed? Sure, if JJ wants to. Rian put him right back at the level of conflict and misdeed he had at the end of TFA. Who are Rey's parents? Whoever JJ wants! Rian left it open enough for JJ to change it if he'd like. Luke is dead? Sure, but it doesn't matter since he'll probably be around just as much as a Force ghost. Is Rey going to face a challenge with darkness? No, not really. She's still a too powerful and good person at the end like she was before. Is Finn going to actually face his past? Nope, he hasn't changed much. Leave it to JJ!

Everything changed and yet nothing did.

MILKIES

he's a secret government experiment. they've been trying to breed human beings with the attributes of geometric shapes for years. what you're seeing with Adam Driver is a human-square crossbreed.

He's a big guy

Kylo needs to sit his outta shape ass down.

Literally everyone in TFA knew who she was.

Maz asks here, we get no answer, and the next time we see her, she's got a packaged speech for Rey after the lightsaber incident.

The Lightsaber even fucking knew.

After finding out she's from Jakku and seeing her abilities with everything, Han is nicer to her than he's been to anyone ever. He also looks guilty any time she talks about the water or the green.

Kylo Ren knew with the "What Girl" line, and so did Snoke when he found out there was a girl.

God, those were some slow-ass shitty bombers. Literally everything the memesters thought y-wings in EU should be.

Only a-wings and x-wings?

i ship reylo now

sorry

Between Palpatine and Snoke, who has the more aesthetically horrifying penis?

They did address the Knights of Ren in a pretty blatant way. They're obviously the specifically numbered group of students/disciples/whatever who sided with Ben during the Jedi academy fight.

Good news! Since they literally have no ships left, this is a good chance to get ships that aren't just OT sh-ahahaha we're just gonna get X-Wings again

They're going OT route like the Vader father retcon and flying by their pants and hoping everything falls into place.

Uh oh. This is looking bad for Disney.

I thought they would be an ancient sith order not a bunch of emp kids ben git to join him

And one bomber is all they need to kill a dreadnaught? First Order really should stop making their ship armor out of nitroglycerine.

Probably Snoke if the rest of him is any indication

>"The more things change, the more they stay the same. And here I am, thinking we've won."

nerd crew's at it again

Kek. He has lovehandles because he was bulking after losing so much weight for Silence. This is what he looked like during the filming, so the high-waisted pants weren't doing him any favors