With how iconic the Red Skull is for being evil (so much so even Joker doesn't want to be his friend)...

With how iconic the Red Skull is for being evil (so much so even Joker doesn't want to be his friend), what are his nicest or most sympathetic moments?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/97447802
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Captain-America-2002/Issue-17?id=9838
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_Eve_sexual_assaults_in_Germany
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off, the encounter with Joker isn't canon. It's like saying the marvel and the dc universe had sex.

I don't think he has one.

His whole schtick was being the most bitter, vengeful, spiteful sociopath, granted powers by Hitler to back it all up.

Closest I can think of is his genuine friendship with Hitler, which is tempered by the fact that its, you know, Fucking Hitler.

>the encounter with Joker isn't canon
It is on Earth 38.

You'd think he'd get along with Doom

>A gypsy
>Getting along with a Nazi

The fuck younsay

So I guess Him teaming with Magneto is out of the question?

When he tried to get Cap laid

The time he got a visit from ghost Hitler

I actually wish I saved that post I made a few weeks ago about how tragic the Red Skull actually is. For most of his existence the Red Skull was miserable and lonely. He had nothing of value going for him in his life. He was a nobody who belonged nowhere. Then, under the Third Reich, things finally turned around. He had a home, he had friends, he had a purposeful, meaningful existence. For the first time in his life, he was satisfied on a somewhat existential level. But then all of that was ripped away with the war, totally and utterly destroyed. And if that wasn't enough, systems were established after the war to ensure that the one system that gave him happiness would never come into being again. The end result is an angry, resentful man whose one attempt at knowing peace was torn away from him, leaving him a bitter, desolate shell of a human being. He's a man without a nation, a man without a home. And with nothing of value left in his life, there's only one remaining option: destroy everything.

Skull actually proposed a team up between the two just to troll the shit out of Magneto, citing his fondness for the ease of which Magneto callously murders ethnic undesirables.

I dont know if its this image but this is pretty neat

They did get along very well in Brubaker's Cap. Doom even went back in time and joined the Nazis to learn their secrets. Vic ain't got time for petty moralism.

Except they did.

Deciding not to murder his newborn daughter because he wanted a son is the only 'nice' thing I can really think of. She might have been better off if he had, though.

...Damn
He's still one of the worst dicks in the Marvel Universe but
Damn.

>Skull actually proposed a team up between the two just to troll the shit out of Magneto, citing his fondness for the ease of which Magneto callously murders ethnic undesirables.
That is amazing.

I went back and found what I think you're talking about on an archive site. Here's the link: desuarchive.org/co/thread/97447802

Joker didn't hate him because he's evil. He hated him because he's a Nazi. jokers a madman. But he's an American madman damnit.

Man that panel got a while lot more depressing in light of current events

And I forgot to attach the crappy crop I made, of course.

This can't be real
This image has to be edited
I refuse to believe it's real
Fucking christ

Closest example I could find

i mean it worth noting that the organization he found peace in was one founded on ethnic cleansing

isnt that Ultimate Red Skull who was actually Ult Captain America's illegitimate son from before he was frozen

i hope he kills the baby and then the guilt eats away at him and he kills himself. I hope all the capeshit assholes kill themselfves. Fuck comic books. Fuck your thread. I hate you. I want you gone.

That description reminds me of the MGS Big Boss, both characters that have somehow lost something, cannot fit in the world anymore and decide to simply antagonize the planet rather than be part of it. Its tragic but does not tear me up because in the end both characters seal their own fate by their inability to look beyond themselves which just makes them different shades of psychopaths that think their brand of evil is actually some sort of source of goodness or righteousness.

Dude its christmas eve why are you here getting mad? Find a thread you like or start spending time with your family.

>tfw no hitler bff

I feel like if I were editor in chief of marvel, after this, Magneto would be knocking off the whole 'mutant supremacy' thing for good.

Because dickish as Red Skull is, that is a fucking wakeup all.

All Magneto would have left is trying to eradicate a non-mutant and finding out they're an Auschwitz survivor something.

>Skull-House
That's adorable.

When he was actually in the right.

When it turned out he actually wanted to turn back time and be with his family.

>All Magneto would have left is trying to eradicate a non-mutant and finding out they're an Auschwitz survivor something.
Please he should end up killing some innocent old man who didn't want to just let Magneto do his crazy shit only to find out that he was also a holocaust survivor.

Yes. In the end he wanted to steal the cosmic cube so that cap would not have been frozen so that he could have had a normal life.

He was too late.

Nazis loved and still do love waifish nubile boys in costumes.

Nope. Genuine. Here's the issue.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Captain-America-2002/Issue-17?id=9838

causing pain brings him pleasure though

>germoney gets Islammed
>meanwhile Greece got financially wrecked so nobody wants to stay there
>the shithole Balkans countries will remain European while Central Europe is gonna get culturally enriched
>mfw

Silver Age Skull didn't like Hitler. He thought he was a chump, and simply a stepping stone to something bigger.

It’s not because Magneto doesn’t support genocide

Wait, Red Skull or Ultimate Red Skull? Picture's the latter, but the post talks about the former.

>His whole schtick was being the most bitter, vengeful, spiteful sociopath, granted powers by Hitler to back it all up
He still has happy memories though.

It pains me that people take Skull's speech at straight value without stopping to realize, as the story goes to show, he's simply pandering to the masses to gain power.

It's that lack of critical thinking that lets fascism rise. "Oh, he's a true patriot, he's not just concerned with making himself powerful beyond reproach. Afrer all, it's all those damn dirty Others."

Captain America is all about politics. Red Skull always represents the leering spectre of fascism and dictatorship under the guise of national exceptionism, and people today are swallowing it hook, line, and sinker.

You don't get it, his speech was meant to be Sup Forums paranoia, but everything about it is actually true.

Yes but all sides fucking sucks now days because everything is corrupt. No politician now days is good.

who the fuck is tno staff and why are they consistently screenshot with all these dumbass propaganda articles

what happened to this character anyway?

i remember magneto actually easing up on the supremacy thing because she's just a human.

Fun fact: this Cosmic Cube where Hitler's mind was imprisoned eventually became Kobik Take of that what you will.

>reference research
>hurr durr propaganda

Let's leave aside some of the more controversial parts of that speech regarding the immigrants themselves. He's definitely wrong about the "bankers" benefitting from everything. Bankers either don't benefit or they don't give a shit. All they want is more money and more tax breaks, so in fact most of the time they'll support conservative candidates who say things like the Red Skull says because they tend to support said tax breaks. So he's railing against politicians, even though the politicians that are in favor of immigration and those that are in the pocket of bankers usually aren't the same.
There is no massive Jewish conspiracy to destroy the Western world, because why the fuck would there be? What exactly would they gain out of it?

>all politicians are debatably corrupt in one way or another, thus we should throw our lot in with the psychopath bold-facedly lying at us in an attempt to instate a murderous kleptocracy headed by him and him alone

The best lies have a kernel of truth. Red Skull might be telling them the truth about their problems, but the lie starts when he convinces them that to solve all their problems is to give him control to eradicate the other. Red Skull doesn't give a flying fuck about the people. He just wants to use them as a means to his end.

Cap had an answer to that mindset too in Madcap. The idea that everything sucks so let's wile away rather than try to fix things.

no, he gets it just fine, you're the one missing his point
what does red skull even say in all that word diarrhea for him to be 'right' about
>refugees are in europe they're BAD
>the government treats refugees like they're refugees by giving them shelter and shit, so STUPID
>giving refugees basic needs eventually leads to losing abstract qualities, it'll just happen, don't question how
>america and nazi germany weren't so different after all, government is so noble when it protects its ideals
>but if you disagree with its ideals government is BAD and you have to attack it now
>watch out someone might call you a bigot #literallytriggered
>remember how i said america was like nazis? I need you to be nazis now, so you can be like old america. It's very logical don't think too hard about it.

they don't reference research they're referencing an analysis of a census there's a difference you brainlet

Red Skull was always a massive sadist who loved to torture and experment on the helpless. But he was also cursed with having an ideal of the Ubermensch but never being able to realise it. Cap is the Ubermensch he always wanted but the Super Soldier formula is lost forver. Red Skull is insane trying to create a "Perfect" human and a perfect society.
He'd kill every single person in the crowd he's preaching to as long as they had a single "Genetic deficiency". He's also considered one of the worst to Hench for in 616 because at the end of the day. Hydra goons are disposable because they are genetically inferior. Even Hydra command is disposable to Skull. Wilson Fisk will take care of you and your family as long as you are loyal and don't fail him. You work for MODOK and you have a massive boner for science that you can just throw away all morals. But Hydra? They pay well but you are just a sub-human shield. And if Nick Spencer wasn't a fucking hack writer, he would have addressed it. Skull's trying to be on the same level, but he's loathing it at the same time because the audience are beneath him.

Nah, my answer is to kill the whole politics of today and start over. Apparently that either makes you an anarchist or too edgy. I want gov still, just it needs to be cleaned, monitored, enforced, and altered.

>There is no massive Jewish conspiracy to destroy the Western world

Alright, how does it change the fact that western societies bend over backwards to please minorities to the point where for example new years in a german city turns into a muslim rape fest?

So who would you like to have the authority to tear down all governments and replace them?

>Alright, how does it change the fact

I don't think you know what "fact" means.

Oh no, I agree. The system today is broken, but there's just no quick fix for it. All we can really do is try to instill better values in the next generation.

The "I got mine, fuck you" mentality that started in the 80s and finally bore cancerous fruit in the citizens united decision has made modern politics a shitshow, but with enough of a concentrated effort and time, it can be fixed. Just maybe not in our lifetimes.

Drain the swamp, amirite amigo?

Source?

>missing a point this hard

that was years ago and it wasn't even rape for the most part how long are you going to beat that drum

The only redeeming moment for Skull was him sparing Sin upon her birth and even that was heavily retconned by Ed Brubaker so that Red Skull wholesale wanted her dead and was EXPLICITLY talked out of it by his future GF Mother Night (with the added knife twisting evil that was added by Skull with him telling his future GF that she had to be sadistic/evil to the child and that if she wasn't a raging axe murderess when he next saw her, he'd kill the kid).

Oh shit, kickass!

Yeah, but they found him. I wish there was some sort of "What-If" where someone other than the Nazis recruited Johann Schmidt first, just to see what kind of person he'd turn into as a result. The thing about Red Skull's origin that sticks with me is that he was in the "right" place at the "right" time, and fate happened the way it did in order to create Marvel's greatest monster. But what if it happened differently?

That's Ultimate Red Skull, he doesn't count.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_Eve_sexual_assaults_in_Germany

> 2 years ago
> wasnt rape for the MOST part
so if some group comit a crime but isnt MOST part of rape 2 yers ago than it is completly okay?

>which is tempered by the fact that its, you know, Fucking Hitler.
And what exactly is so wrong with that may I ask?

>you just dont get it
>ok, this is what it means
>n-n-no, it means something else! you just dont get it!!! it's right i dont have to explain how!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kys altright faggot

As stated, this was retconned by Brubaker to remove all traces of Skull having any sort of humanity. Mother Night literally ripped the child from Skull's hands and told him the child could still be henchwoman fodder and convinced Skull to let her train Sin to be just as evil as Skull.

>migrants end up causing a lot of sexual assault cases during a celebration
>German citizens' response is quick and loud
>German laws and policies are updated to both capture and punish migrant offenders more effectively

Okay, so where's the evidence that Cologne is a rapetastic Moslem wasteland?

It disturbs me that faggots like you actively promote the Islamification of decent countries, when you're going to be the first to get thrown off a roof when it becomes a caliphate.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

budd you are pissed today is you wife spending to much time with Jamal and his friend bothering you that much?

The reason so many people are sympathetic to fascism and dictatorship though is because democracy isn't just doing absolutely nothing about the problem, democracy is making it worse and insisting there is no problem at all. Despite democracy touting itself as being for the people, eventually you start to realize that there's quite a few things that simply aren't open for debate or discussion for the people. And thus, disenfranchisement begins.

Red Skull historically was never associated with Hydra, and the variant he started up in Spencer's run wasn't meaningfully associated with the organization in any way. So you honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

Fun fact: that was the writers actually TRYING TO SALVAGE MAGNETO

Byrne demanded Magneto turn evil-evil again for Acts of Vengeance/to have him brainwash Wanda in WCA after Byrne killed her kids and raped her husband to form a new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

Gruenwald wrote the scene as a favor for Claremont, who was not happy with Byrne fucking over his long term project of rehabilitating Magneto, in terms of retconning why Magneto went evil again/joined with Loki: to get a chance to kill Skull.

yup you're still milking it and trying to start arguments nobody is making (nobody said anything about anything being ok)
don't you have any recent events to fearmonger with

Why does someone not calling for the immediate halt of all migration from anywhere outside Central and Northern automatically make them Islamophiliacs?

>oh shit i cant argue back
>uh uh uh
>u mad? cuck joke?
god you're pathetic

the ottoman empire was the first to decriminalize homosexuality while christian empires were still chemically castrating them, it's why homosexual figures like oscar wilde went down there so much

Hello friends, have you heard the word of the great prophet Mencius Moldbug (PBUH)?

Don't humanize the folk devils, otherwise we might look towards forgiveness and reconciliation and try to break the cycle of violence and revenge that our ideological overlords need to maintain power!

we live in other countries
this is a fuck you, not a genuine attempt to help

Byrne is a cunt, but Claremont's obsession with rehabilitating Magneto is fucking garbage and probably is one of the reasons I'll be forever turned off of the X-Men franchise.

Islam is fucking great dude.

>refugees are in europe they're BAD

They're not refugees, they passed half a continent to get to Germany pursuing social benefits. They're migrants.

Muslims will surely assimilate now, and they certainly will not create more no-go zones.

Explain to me why any country should tolerate a bunch of people who follow the teachings of a genocidal child rapist.

Bonus point: they'll never work a day in their lives, sexually exploit children in gangs, and then commit terrorist attacks. Why should any country do anything other than exterminate this human plague?

you just make made some scarecrows to then beat then and fell good about it. Every pol tard say those things but is able to give reasons to it ( even if they are fundamentaly wrong)
>Wow mass imigrations of people from 3 world war torn contries hae no chance to cause a problem
>Governament using it recourses with "imigrants" instead of returning it in some form to tax payers, that the objeive of the state after all
>i dont even uderstand wich argument are you tring to male at this point
>moral and ethic values would be generaly the same around the wester world. Germany just added the kill jew shit ( as if america hadnt its own racial problems)

Also, if you lived in the 50s amrerica and mantained your same Average Joe beliefs till 2010s, you will beconsidered a LITTTERAL NNAAZI by todays standards

oh man i can hear form here Tyrone pounding your gf in the bedroom, hes such a meanie to not let you watch he creampie her

I hate how every time this gets posted the thread degenerates into politics.

is there a way to a trhead based around a nazi supervilan to not degenerate into it?

So what ever happened to little Hitlerina?

So Commie Red Skull.

Lay off the eggnog Kevin, your spelling is suffering.

Chris Claremont happened.

Claremont wanted to give Magneto a redemption arc, because Claremont deep down doesn't really like Xavier and prefers Magneto and his way instead.

So Claremont gave Magneto his Holocaust origin to explain away why he's a villain (IE living through the Holocaust made him vow, by any means necessary, to prevent the same from happening to mutants) and make him overtly sympathetic. He then shipped Xavier out into space (originally for good) but when editorial made him bring Xavier back, Claremont planned to have Xavier die in UXM #300 and Magneto becoming the permanent head of the X-Men.

Problem with that was that Jim Lee, Bob Harras, Roy Thomas, and John Byrne all HATED good guy Magneto. So they undermined it and it led to Claremont "killing" Magneto on his way out the franchise.

I should also note, Byrne was so fucking petty over Claremont turning Magneto into a good guy, he threatened to use X-Men the Hidden Years to invalidate the ENTIRE "Magneto was a holocaust victim" origin by claiming Xavier outright MINDRAPED Magneto prior to him being de-aged, with Xavier erasing all of Magneto's memories and replacing them with ones where he was a victim of the Holocaust growing up.

I've always seen Johann as a Strasserist, if not because his backstory as a street thug made it seem like he'd have been initially recruited by the SA. But I guess it's more based on the circumstances. Like what if Johann's family emigrated to the US when he was young and he grew up there? He could wind up with the military, or the FBI, or any number of options. Hell, why not do a book where a young American Johann gets the Super Soldier Serum instead of Steve Rodgers?

>ahhahahahaha you made grammar mistakes, that mean that im objectivly rigt

>being this retarded

Skull has had involvement with Hydra but it's been inconsistently written. When Strucker first died in Steranko's SHIELD run, Cap writers had Skull hijack control over the remains of Hydra. When Strucker came back to life in the late 80s SHIELD comic Bob Harras wrote, Mark Gruenwald established that Strucker was actually working FOR Red Skull, in that Skull secretly fronted Strucker the money to rebuild Hydra back to fighting strength in exchange for Hydra becoming part of mass web of criminal syndicates (like the Watchdogs, Power Broker, etc) that Skull secretly ran.