>>97747882

You're an idiot that never understood the character. She's his oneitis that placed all of his good memories on because majority of his life is shit. You'd get that if you knew anything about the character other than a cartoon.

I'm bummed we never got animated Luke in this style (and Genndy's) before Disney ruined him.

>didn't read: the post

I understood the character perfectly, in all of his awfully written glory. I merely pointed out that Clone Wars Anakin is clearly written in such a way that's he on the border of veering out of that godawful characterization, if only the writers didn't have their hands tied by the movies.

honestly, if they had released the clone wars show before Episode 2, literally every sane person would have and should have wanted him getting together with Ahsoka. How the fuck did they manage to make a cartoon character the best female character in all of Star Wars?

I'm still honestly amazed at how bad Rebels' animation is compared to Clone Wars'. Especially in the later seasons, Clone Wars' animation was fucking top notch.

It's hilarious because looking back on the first two or so seasons of CW, Ahsoka is blatantly crushing on Anakin. I think the writers realized it too because in later seasons they make a fairly deliberate effort to separate her from Anakin and make her less attached to him.

Padme just sucks so much as a character that literally every other female character fits better with Anakin than she does. Even CW couldn't make her interesting despite their best efforts.

All the other female characters in the prequel era were shit either coldfish like Padme and Satine or villains like Ventress.

I remember sitting in the cinema, hating Ahsoka and thinking she was gonna be awful all throughout the series, glad I was wrong

Being a ladykiller isn't really a jedi thing, and his whoile descent into a sith doesn't work if he isn't attached to one specific person. So no, I guess.

>Being a ladykiller isn't really a jedi thing

Obi-Wan and Luke? Obi-Wan had like 3 different love interests and Luke had something like 8.

>and his whoile descent into a sith doesn't work if he isn't attached to one specific person.

I really hated how Lucas made Anakin's attachment issues core to his downfall. It basically paints his redemption at the end of RotJ in a worse light plus it brings up a whole lot of character inconsistencies with him just happily murdering everyone else he called friends and allies because he can't live without Padme's magic pussy.

The disillusionment with the Republic angle was perfect but the Padme storyline completely fucked it.

>EU
Never really been canon.
>I really hated how Lucas made Anakin's attachment issues core to his downfall. It basically paints his redemption at the end of RotJ in a worse light plus it brings up a whole lot of character inconsistencies with him just happily murdering everyone else he called friends and allies because he can't live without Padme's magic pussy.
That's fair but that's how it is.

IMHO females never really fit into Star Wars stories. Other than Leia and Ahsoka who are both capable and cool action heroines, there is not much to do as a female other than playing a wise old mentor maybe. Rey has some potential but Force Awakens was weak and I didn't see the new movie yet.

Ahsoka has the screentime advantage as well, she has lot of scenes so you can easily grow fond of her.

>Rebels
I was shocked how shit is that series after the clone wars. The creators know it as well, they kept it alive with constant guest characters. At least the Ahsoka vs Vader was okay.

I love TCW Anakin appreciation. He's probably my favorite main character in anything

I liked Anakin in PT and CW. He honestly has the best character arc in the entire of SW.

>Being a ladykiller isn't really a jedi thing,

more or less says what I was going to. EU material, most of its fully sanctioned by Lucas, has Jedi characters slaying pussy left and right. Hell, I think in an interview George actually said that Jedi are allowed to sleep around and have sex but not get attached.

>and his whoile descent into a sith doesn't work if he isn't attached to one specific person. So no, I guess.

I am aware of that, I'm just pointing out that the showrunners clearly wanted to have Anakin as some kind of smooth charmer based on how they wrote him but couldn't fully commit to it because of previously established characterization in the movies.

IMO The Last Jedi was a much-needed improvement on Force Awakens

>deliberate effort to separate her from Anakin and make her less attached to him
i dont know about that. she kind of turned into him and they got on the same wavelength. if anything it got easier to ship them.

i wish ahsoka and padme hadnt become friends and instead were catty bitches to each other. wouldve been great if there was some tension and anakin had no idea why they didnt get along

well this is after he was a teen and weird and before he lost his apprentice and his trust in obi wan and the jedi order. so this is the mid point where hes evened out just before he came crashing down and clinging on to padme out of fear of losing her too, which of course, he did

>Force Awakens was weak and I didn't see the new movie yet
did you watch rogue one? its worse than that. i rewatched it after watching the last jedi. now, i hated rogue one when i first watched it, and still do. but christ its SUCH a better movie. its so much better structured and solid and the characters are so much better. and if any of that sounds preposterous to you because rogue one was shit, the last jedi is just THAT much worse

>rogue one was shit
No it wasn't

it was

I did watch it. Rouge One was okay, lot of hits and misses though. I keep hearing both praise and criticism about the last jedi, it will be interesting to see for myself what is this fuss about.

TLJ was fine. But the chase scene was bullshit. They should have gone into siege mode much earlier. That moon was a cool location.

It was better than TFA.

She was pretty bad during the movie and most of the first season, she gets better in season 2 and finally finds her place in season 3.

im not arguing that. the new star wars movies are shit and rogue one is the best of the bunch, but its still shit