Travis Knight's BUMBLEBEE (December 21, 2018)

Thoughts?

>In 1987, battle-damaged Autobot scout Bumblebee takes shelter in a small Californian town, where he befriends local teenager Charlie Watson (Hailee Steinfeld), who set out to help him complete a dangerous mission to save the world from the Decepticons.

>>In 1987

I expect less than nothing from a transformers movie

Fan of the movieverse but was very disappointed with the previous two for different reasons, connected to Cade being way less interesting than Sam.

I'll follow this one for the toys and to see if the best bot Barricade will make an appearance.

>Cade being way less interesting than Sam.

How can one fandom be so wrong?

Sam had the Labouef charm

>yet another plastic eye-candy girl who can't act for shit and is only there to draw in lonely geewunner virgins

This has to stop working eventually.

Script-wise, didn't have that same charm. They didn't know what to do with Cade the inventor and had him be a guy with daughter/lover issues than be interesting.

RIP DC

That's the girl from the True Grit remake

Bumble bee as a Volkswagen is dumb, they need to stop rebooting shit and keep him as a camero like he always was

He's the best character in the movies next to Optimus.

Maybe in the first movie.

In the sequels he was just annoying.

...and?

She can act.

Are they making a fucking Herbie the Love Bug movie?

At the very least it's go more going for it simply by virture of no Bay and the director having done Kubo.

Also cool looking vehicle mode for one of the Decepticons.

I think the director has said there's only like 3 or 4 Cybertronians actually in this movie? So that's good, maybe they can actually develop the flippin' bad guys for once.

Punch buggy yellow, no punch backs

>guy with daughter/lover
wtf Transformers is normalizing incest now?

No, but game of thrones is

I may actually be tempted to see this one if she fucks him until he's mute.

oh thank god
more humans in a tf movie
god i can't wait

Make the pain stop already

I refuse to believe that this will be a success. I know the public eats up Transformers schlock on name alone but there has to be a breaking point.

I thought TF5 was a huge flop

From a distance I thought that was a Fiat 500 and there was some kind of surprise announcement of a live-action Lupin III movie
Probably the only time I'll ever be relieved to hear about a fucking Transformers movie

>not having Transformers in a Transformers movie

I swear to god if I ever meet Michael Bay I will slit his fucking throat for doing this

It wasnt a "flop" but it did continue the trend of every Transformers movie doing worse than the previous. Notice how both of the last two movies have been soft reboots with totally new themes to try and draw in new audiences- AoE ditched LeBeouf and even set half the movie in china, changed love interests for the villain to a chinawoman and had a kung fu fight in order to scrape out some china bux.

Now they're ditching Bay to see if they can sell movies based on brand alone.

How are they going to sell toys with only 4 guys? That's not even enough for a Last Knight wave (4 Deluxe, 2 Voyagers, 1 Leader)

One of the four is Bumblebees. He's good for at least 3 deluxes, a leader and two voyagers.,

I hope the toyline for this movie bombs harder than the Green Lantern toys.

It was really surprising to see the Chinese box office respond so lukewarmly considering how much they ate up all the previous movies.

it made its money back but it's the worst selling and worst reviewed of the existing movies

the toyline sucked aside from one or two figures.

The toys are shelfwarming hard too, save for the couple of good ones. Most of them are just repaints of AoE toys.

My hope is that they use this line as a way to release figures of previous movie characters that hadn't gotten toys. TLK is missing a lot of its Decepticon cast (Onslaught, Dreadbot, Mohawk, as well as Autobots like Canopy, Trench, Daytrader, Bulldog...hell maybe even make a Quintessa toy.) They can also make a WW2 Bumblebee and Hot Rod toys. There were a lot of obscure background characters and designs in the movies that can have toys to fill out 3 to 4 waves.

Hasbro already showed us what they'll do. THey're making a general "MOVIE STUDIO SERIES" with toys of various characters of the movies redone to be more accurate, such as a Leader class Blackout and a new Voyager Starscream based on his Leader mold.

The characters from the Bee movie will be included within that wider line so they can have a line that isn't JUST those 4 guys and nothing else.

If you read Chinese reviews the big majority of them was shit like 'WHERE IS OPTIMUS? TRAILER LIED OPTIMUS BARELY IN IT!"

So it's good that they didn't like it, but they didn't like it for shitty brainless reasons instead of actualy realizing the movies are crap.

I wish they'd just ditch the Bayformers aesthetic completely. The movies always looks like garbage and the toys always end up looking like shit too.

what the fuck is a cade?

What a badass you are.

>Less screentime for Autobots.
>Less China pandering.
>Pandering to Brits and getting them all butthurt instead.

It doesn't surprise me at all.

>If you read Chinese reviews the big majority of them was shit like 'WHERE IS OPTIMUS? TRAILER LIED OPTIMUS BARELY IN IT!"

Oh My God! That's hilarious.

>1987
>teenager sidekick

This is already a disaster, you can smell the executive’s notes from here.

>we want the stranger things audience

I hate to say it, but it's not dead on arrival

>Make a Transformers prequel
>Not have it set on Cybertron
>Still have the boring human characters as the focus
>Cast John Cena

This shit is dead on arrival.

>Not have it set on Cybertron
>Still have the boring human characters as the focus

It's been 10 years. Let it go.

shit is still shit no matter how long you leave it

/ourguy/

>Leader class Blackout

Eventually it turns to fertilizer and makes a beautiful garden. Right? ;_;

no it just turns white and crusty

Hey, at least it isn't Bay.

Hope the Cons are cool.

Yeah. But with more gun fights and rocket launchers probably.