What did you think of her?

One of the worst and most overrated character on Gravity Falls.

>Never learns and when she "does" she repeats
>Possibly autistic
>Selfish as fuck
>Relies on Dipper most of the time and barely returns the favor
>Hypocrite
>So self centered, she thinks she can meddle people's relationships
>Never receives comeuppance
>Mary Sue

Shows you what Alex Hirsch thinks of his sister.

So, a realistic depiction of a typical girl?

>M-MUH CUM UP PENCE
Oh shut up you whiny retard. Plenty of people in Gravity Falls didn't get what they deserved. Stan was a career criminal yet gets to be the hero. Gideon tried to kill people and is allowed to continue to use ex-cons to beat up school kids. Pacifica who actually went through character growth gets fucked over and screwed out of her inheritance which is given to a crazy and unfunny hick. Maybe you should stop blaming a fictional sidekick tier character for having faults when the writer of this cartoon was obviously a retarded liberal manlet.

Holy shit, the ending sucked even more than I first realized!

>2 male characters gets away with their own shit
>1 female character gets fucked over
Oh.

I beg of you: stop watching cartoons forever.

Please.

If anything, she's far nicer than the typical girl.
Remember, she actively goes out of her way to try to make everyone happy, even if it's wrong to do it

>>Mary Sue
Are you sure about this one?

Whiny retard.

Mabel was definitely a Dee Dee. But unlike Dee Dee, she was likeable, sympathetic and endearing instead of an absolutely irredeemable bitch that wrecked everything and almost always got away with it.

No one rates her

So... a child?
C'mon guys, give her some slack...

Exactly when does she help someone, and does it entail forcing them into facing their fears or lying so she can keep a group of clones in her house to entertain her?

Many defend her by arguing that she's a kid, and thus expected to make mistakes. To that, I say yes, but offer a counterpoint: Children's mistakes are acceptable because they're supposed to be in the learning process, making mistakes so they can learn how to correct for them. Children learn by recognizing and being held accountable for their own mistakes - maybe not the full brunt of the consequences, but enough to know not to do it again. Mabel never learns, shes the physical embodiment of the "aesop amnesia" trope.

>Mabel your actions have started the literal apocalypse. Ford might be dead. Greta and Candy are in mortal danger. We need to leave.
>BUT DIPPERRRR SOMEONE PUT GUM IN MY HAIR THAT ONE TIME PLUUUUS YOU'RE ABANDONING ME TO FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS SO I'M STAYING HERE FOREVER !!!

TLG is the most obvious example, where she has a fucking list of the people she knows where she marks off if someone is unhappy.

Not sure what you're on about in the rest of your post.

Who are you quoting?

THIS
H
I
S

Just demonstrates, yet again, GF's vastly superior writing compared to most cartoons.

greentexting my thoughts on Weirdmageddon pt 2
nothing to see here

>nothing to see here
That's an understatement.

Also I just realized that besides greentexting shit that literally never happened, you chose a pic from a different ep because it fit your narrative.
Making you extra retarded.

I was pissed at Mabel deciding to hide away even though she's causing everyone she cares about in Gravity Falls to suffer
Sorry for not articulating it in a way you liked, I'll try better next time master

Many people overestimate the writing of Gravity Falls, its rather simplistic actually. The humor isn't really funny, basically a character (usually Dipper) would explain or talk about something and then a another character (usually Mabel or Soos) would say some random shit at the end. Alex also can't write female characters, their usually sidelined or receive a double standard (Mabel can date lots of boys but Dipper can't date lots of women cuz he's a white male). It basically goes like this, Alex makes up a cool premise and characters but he never actually thinks it through and doesn't know how to send off the story so he rushes the story arcs and shit (which is why Bill turned from this charming manipulator to a party hard teenage rebel who doesn't give a fuck about the rules or Mabel turns from a kind but somewhat crazy girl to a selfish brat who cries whenever Dipper doesn't spoil her). What Im trying to say is the show is overrated and its actually above average.

>But unlike Dee Dee, she was likeable, sympathetic and endearing instead of an absolutely irredeemable bitch that wrecked everything and almost always got away with it.
This is a joke right?

I didn't like her

This feels (and may actually be) like satire.

No, Deedee got away with everything, even after Dexter conceded. She's million times worse than Mabel.

With Deedee it at least feels intentional that she's written and portrayed that way. With Mabel it's like you're not supposed to notice it.

Most of the characters are stagnating in Gravity Falls, but with Mabel is was particularly insufferable.

The fact that she seems to be always vindicated in the end and is loved by everyone makes her more grating than she should've been and made her seem much worse than she is.

Hello, Alexander.

>The humor isn't really funny
Get. The. Fuck. Out.

And take the rest of your shitpost with you as well.

I don't care nearly as much for how you said it as for what you said. But both were retarded there.
What a waste of perfectly good quads.

Dee Dee at least would get her comeuppance from Dexter and his experiments. Mabel, meanwhile, had Dipper practically domesticated to the point it resembled an abusive relationship sometimes.

Pacifica is fine, she will only get ONE pony now

Hot as fuck. Wanna pound that shit.

>basically a character (usually Dipper) would explain or talk about something and then a another character (usually Mabel or Soos) would say some random shit at the end.
God, I hate that kind of jokes. They're so unfunny and slow, and yet also so smarmy in their winking at the audience.

The whole point of my post was to say how Gravity Falls is overrated and how people seem to claim its a "masterpiece" but really looking into it, its just above average, its nothing special.

I even explained why I thought the humor wasn't funny, any major criticism I (and some people) have for the show, you guys excuse it as shitposting or hate. Also you get the fuck out, its Sup Forums where contrarians and unpopular opinions run rampant.

>Mabel, meanwhile, had Dipper practically domesticated to the point it resembled an abusive relationship sometimes.
How far would she go?

He makes a point dude- everything he said was true. Except Pacifica still gets money.

Idk man, She's cute.

Tell me, user, how does your description of an apparently typical GF joke apply to:

Ladder/guns?
"I can swear for real"?
Living longer and dating pools?
Other fluids (as vulgar as that joke is)?
"It's like a crime scene in my mouth!"
Rumble's ENTIRE FUCKING CHARACTER?

And that's literally off the top of my head, I didn't Google it or anything. If I did, the list would be FAR longer.

Either she makes him subservient or she makes him effeminate

Not that user, but typical means usual. Meaning there would be jokes that were separate from the norm, just not as many as the typical.

But, a lot of the jokes you brought up are all jokes that I had personally heard before Gravity Falls.

As for Rumble's skits, his whole characters IS the weird shit said at the end of whatever dipper had to say.

>just not as many as the typical
Except, as I said, the full list would be so fucking long it probably wouldn't fit into one Sup Forums post.
>As for Rumble's skits, his whole characters IS the weird shit said at the end of whatever dipper had to say.
Yeah, I'm sure Dipper regularly talks about not having looking up animation, or going back to the Soviet Union.

Overrated how? No one but the pedophiles goes around saying Mabel is the best character of all time, at best she's occasionally funny.

I'm into older waifus only, yet I think Mabel is one of the best female cartoon characters ever written

>I think Mabel is one of the best female cartoon characters ever written
Fucking why?

Because she's a realistic female, as opposed to a collection of tropes like most cartoon characters.

And she's far less of a bitch than Sup Forums thinks, too.

>Because she's a realistic female
You have low standards. A child character that behaves like a child isn't a huge achievement and isn't unique to GF.

>A child character that behaves like a child
That's not what I'm talking about, and you know it.

Stop shitposting.

>why does jerry get away all the time and tom the one that gets pulverized?
Dexter and DeeDee have that adversarial dynamic, Mabel and Dipper do not.

Good point, but i think she just need more time to learn, then one summer.

Jerry was an asshole, though.

I have more problem that she's always vindicated.

Stupid shit you do does not suddenly start working out just because you don't know any better.

>that adversarial dynamic
It's shit by definition. Stop defending it.

There's a reason even T&J is mostly left to history

What's shit about it?

What isn't shit about it!?
It's dull and formulaic, and to be quite frank that kind of abusive stupidity shouldn't be aired on TV.
(Stuff like T&J can be grandfathered in, though.)