Fuck Herb Powell

>lets his half-brother who he literally just met design his company's next car
>ignores numerous warnings from his engineers and advisors
>doesn't even see the design or finished car before publicly unveiling it
>doesn't even know what the car costs until the moment after he unveils it

Where the fuck does Herb get the right to be mad at Homer? Homer's a moron, but Herb gambled his entire company on something he didn't even bother checking in on once.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WPc-VEqBPHI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Herb and Grimes would probably get along really well

>you will never get to drive the homer
why live?

Who cares, he made his fortune back and he and Homer patched things up.

They would, but for the wrong reasons. Grimes is right: Homer is a lazy moron who gets life handed to him on a silver platter, while everyone else has to bust their ass constantly just to survive.

Herb had it all and lost it due to his own foolishness. Even if Homer wasn't an idiot, who lets their completely unqualified relative, who they don't even know, design the product that their company's future rests on?

Its a pretty fucking cool design.

How do you get in the back seats?

>who lets their completely unqualified relative, who they don't even know, design the product that their company's future rests on?
Man, you don't want to hear the real answer to that question.

In both the Simpson's driving games this is the best car

He kind of had a point to put Homer in charge, but he didn't want to supervise it. He wanted his cake and eat it too.
youtube.com/watch?v=WPc-VEqBPHI

This.
Nepotism is a very real thing.

But wasn't Hern's whole thing that he worked hard to earn everything he had? He even berates his executives about it.

The rear dome has a sliding window that you climb through

>La cucaracha plays

>Even if Homer wasn't an idiot, who lets their completely unqualified relative, who they don't even know, design the product that their company's future rests on?
Most wealthy people.

He also has a desperate need for a family and a belief in the common man, unfortunately for him both are complete idiots

Is that Danny Devito VA?

Man, I miss the old days when celebrities voiced actual characters and not just cartoon versions of themselves.

Yep!

Fucks sake he sounds so young here I almost couldnt tell.

So that's why Herb isn't more of a regular character.I always assumed he remained far from the simpson family because he didn't want them to jinx his business again.

I honestly wonder if anybody have tried to make the Homer a reality.

>"I mean the zoo was fun but, I'M RUINED!"
What did he mean by this?

Ironically, if American auto manufacturers had taken the Homer Simpson approach - building big, tough, stylish, charismatic cars instead of trying to compete with the Japanese and Koreans making tiny, efficient, cheap cars... the American auto industry probably wouldn't have suffered as much in the 80s and 90s.

Stick to what you're good at instead of trying to compete in a niche you're not cut out for.

Wasn't that what happened in the 90s with the rise of the SUV?

I remember reading somewhere that DeVito didn't really enjoy doing the role, but I can't seem to find where I saw that.

Completely forgot he was voiced by Devito.

Yes. and it brought several American auto companies back from the brink of death.

Unfortunately while plenty of manufacturers did big and tough, most stopped doing flashy and charismatic. Gone are the likes of the Cobra and the C2, the Grand Prix and the Gran Torino, the hot rods and road runners and muscle cars of the 50s, 60s, and 70s, and the handful of survivors from that era like the Mustang, Challenger, or Camaro are shadows of their former selves. Look at 95% of modern sedans and you can barely tell them apart. They're all designed for boring shit like fuel efficiency.

Cars, particularly American cars, used to be works of art - sculpted, more-so than engineered.