Cry moar, Millennialfags

Cry moar, Millennialfags

Other urls found in this thread:

subscriptions.dccomics.com/ipd/1296
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Implying milliennials are the ones who care.

Snyder has rendered Superman irrelevant to Millenials.
He's less meaningful to them than goddamn Black Panther, who's primed to outgross Justice League.
Thanks Zack!

The only people still buying Superman comics are 30-somethings who've abandoned all hope of reproduction.

What exactly is the purpose of wearing spandex pants over tights?

At least they still have Spongebob and Pokemon.

>implying it isn't the pseudo-intellectual progressive college kids that railed to get them removed in the first place

>30 year olds are still in college

DC killing it lately

No its the classic fans who will be crying as this garuntees he will never be taken seriously again and during all intense or battle scenes it will come off like a pathetic joke.
This is on you campfags.

Millennials are now moving into the 30-something range.

>he will never be taken seriously again a

A bloo bloo bloo bloo

Comic books are for fucking children, grow the fuck up.

>every DC tryhard's face when they heard this news

>Superheroics should be totally srs bznss guize!

DC does what Marveldon't.

That's what was implied, retard.

This face?

Great. Now get Harley back in her original outfit and let's never mention Zack Snyder ever agian.

It will take years for WB to bury the memory of Man of Shit.
They took one of the 10 most iconic characters in American fiction and had some brainless Chad who thinks everything being blue-grey is AWSUM CINEMATOGRAPHY shit all over him.

Yup.

They're making the right decisions lately, though. Baby steps.

cater to nostalgia fags after they got too much criticism with new 52. But get ready old fags, the comic shop as we know it is dying a slow death, and digital sales will be what matters in the future. No one will buy any comics with superman in trunks in the digital age

I just noticed

>you can see his abs and shit
>his suit is always skintight
>come to think of it everyone’s suit is skintight
>it’s like they’re all wearing nothing at all
>nothing at all
>all of them are like this

They've decided never to use Ezra Miller or Jesse Eisenberg ever again?

>cater to nostalgia fags

They're comic books. Only nostalgiafags read them anyway. Why else would a full grown adult partake in an activity or hobby meant for children?

How old are you, OP?

Comics haven't been kept afloat by Superman since at least the 1970's.

In the digital age everyone will just have access to the good OLD Superman stuff and be content.

The digital age of comics will be the death of 3rd rate fanfiction by hacks.

Because why should children have all the fun? There's enough for everybody.

Serious question: Is there still a way to subscribe to monthly comics direct from DC? I wanna subscribe to all of the Superman comics now.

It makes sense to bring them back. They only removed them in the first place to get the comics in line with what was happening in Snyder's Edgyverse. And everyone knows how that turned out.

Just start a box at your local comics shop my dude, they'll pull everything for you and you just go pick it up. I do remember getting comics in the mail back in the day though, it was pretty sweet.

Yep!

subscriptions.dccomics.com/ipd/1296

Delivered straight to your mail box.

>What do you think?
>One thing's for sure, nobody's gonna be looking at your face.
>Mom!
>They don't call them tights for nothing.

That's partly why he would wear the Trunks, otherwise is dick is on show to everyone.

Good. I never got the idea that Superman was supposed to look "cool". He's supposed to look like a big bright protector that even children are supposed to love and cheer. Let Batman be "cool". Let Superman be fun.

>The only people still buying comics are 30-somethings who've abandoned all hope of reproduction
fixed

Who wants to reproduce anyway? I'd rather have my comic books.

The more they try to make Batman look cool, the more he ends up looking vaguely retarded.

Why people make genre stuff self-consciously I just can't imagine.

>what it looks like in posters
>what it looks like in actuality

Comics are cool but sometimes you just gotta go outside and meet a girl.

A lot of them aren't awful, in spite of what Sup Forums thinks.

Nope,comic marvel chads are proud cucks and homos, their comics proudly support it

Sorry DChads but they have sex, is just not the kind of sex you want

Ah, I've been through that already. I have no desire to travel down that painful road again.

Those are the current "fans" not the real ones that just want f4 comics back.

Heartache is rough but it is never the end. Life is a journey, gamble a stamp.

it is a gamble for sure, but I think if you can achieve happiness without gambling, that's OK, too.

Trunks are stupid and outdated. DC should've gotten rid of them way before the New 52. You'd have to be a total nostalgiafag to think differently.

As someone who's almost 40, my only interest in this shit is "nostalgiafaggotry" anyway. That's really the point of all this to someone like me, anyway.

Superman should just go nude.

at least he still looks fine in the comics

Where's the fun in that though?

As someone that's 40, you should understand that superhero comics aren't and shouldn't be made for you.

Batman's problem isn't the lack of briefs. It's too many partners and sidekicks.

Well, I still like them and I'll continue liking them as long as they continue being made in the way that I like. Which they are, thankfully :)

Haven't been primarily for children for 30 or 40 years

ITT: Zack Snyder is responsible for New 52

Not Marvel comics. Marvel wants that "young progressive" demographic. The one that doesn't actually buy or care about comic books.

They're all dumb subhumans though.
Personality doesn't matter. Only looks and intelligence do.

The fact that you're both happy and secure?
Where's the fun in fighting for happiness?

Trunks are outdated but the alternatives just aren't as balanced-looking. You need something to break up the middle color and a mere belt doesn't work as well

Marvel has had an identity problem for a while but I think they're taking steps to getting back to respectability again. Bringing back the original characters helps. They also need to get back to doing some basic storytelling again. Enough with the lame events.

Reborn suit was perfect and there aren't any valid complaints for it, even some trunk fags are pissed because that design was perfect

I liked the Reborn suit, it was much better than the New 52 crap they had going for a while. I do prefer the trunks, though. I wouldn't have complained if they never brought them back, but I certainly won't complain now that they are.

>thinking college kids give a shit about comics in first place

Its the company trying to be hip and cool to attract, not demand from a non exsistant market. See leather-men of the 00s for more examples.

Superman comics are so good right now.

Silver age fags are worse than edgelords

Nothing is worse than edgelords. Even furries and ponyfags are better than edgelords.

they just need to do what Nolan did with Batman after Schumacher

wait 8 years?

Yep.

>progressive
>somehow removing the trunks is a political thing now
You need to lay off that bogeyman kool-aid

>Where's the fun in fighting for happiness?
That means you're not happy.

But Mos DID do for Superman what Nolan did for Batman in terms of making the character & his mythos feel real, believable & immersive.

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm a milennial, and I'm hugely nostalgic for red briefs Superman because that's the one I remember from Justice League cartoon, and Superman Returns movie - and because a patch of bright red in his midsection makes him look really fucking dynamic in motion.
I imagine most millenials who are into comics/cartoons feel similar.

"Underwear on the outside" is a meme among NORMIES, of any age, just like "Aquaman is useless".

The trick is that milennials LIKE Superman. They want to see cool, hopeful, powerful Superman. Superman who is honest, kind, inspirational. The kind of Superman that was in DCAU (because most milennials with access to Cartoon Network were watching DCAU in their childhood).

Snyder made him into an edgy emotionless cunt. If Snyderman was a kid in your class, he'd be that asshole who wears dirty clothes, keeps listening to weird music, and insults you if you try to talk to him because he thinks you CAN'T UNDERSTAND HIS PAIN.

Black Panther is at least symbol of people excelling despite circumstances (i.e. Wakanda perservering despite centuries of European attempts to colonize it). So he's somewhat inspirational, at least.

I imagine if you gave milennials All-Star Superman, they'd fucking love it.

>Snyder made him into an edgy emotionless cunt. If Snyderman was a kid in your class, he'd be that asshole who wears dirty clothes, keeps listening to weird music, and insults you if you try to talk to him because he thinks you CAN'T UNDERSTAND HIS PAIN.
Your fucking insane, it's like we watched polar opposite fucking movies.

Because tights are actually skin-tight (that's why are they called that). So you can see the outline of a dick in crotch area. So, you wear briefs to preserve modesty.
In 1930s, circus strongmen did exactly that for that exact reason, so in addition to being practical, it symbolically paints Superman as someone who is capable of amazing physical feats.

>Black Panther is at least symbol of people excelling despite circumstances
Except that is exactly what Dceu Superman did, he saved billions of lives despite his own flaws, despite the flaws of the world around him and despite the deck stacked against him.

THe problem of Snyder superman is that he's a bland and unlikeable character.

Not even Snyderfags can describe his personality, all they can do is say "he's a selfless guuuuuud boy" what can applied to every single superhero ever.

You have issues.

No he saved his own ass, there was nothing he could do.

Wonder Woman and Starlord have given choice, they could safely watch the world burn and be with their own kind, superman couldn't Zod would destroy the planet and there was nowhere to run.

Old time strong man costumeswere often:
Leotard/Tights to show off your muscles
Trunks over the top to hide your giant throbbing cock.
This is what supes costume was based off.
Having the trunks also breaks up the costume so its not just a block of blue

Fuck you, they're for everyone.

So the legacy of the suit means nothing?

He could have gone with Zod.
He didn't have to surrender to the military & let them make the decision.

Look, my point is - my favourite Superman story is Superman: Strength by Scott McCloud.

In this story, at one point, Superman gets captured by a criminal. However, while in captivity, Superman hears (because of a tv in villains lair) about unfolding disaster that noone will prevent in time.
So Superman gives his word that if the villain will let him go and handle the disaster and save those people, he will immediately go back to captivity and won't pull any tricks.
Villain believes him. And Superman does exactly as he says, and returns straight into captivity, because that's Superman's word.

That's Superman. Infallible. Incorruptible. Shining beacon of hope. Unstoppable force AND immovable object in one. Someone we all want to aspire to be more like. Someone we can only get in fiction, and someone we all need.

That story would become completely incomprehensible with Snyderman, because Snyderman is in comparison an ineffectual, moody teenager who occasionally saves people, and screams a lot.

He's like the worst traits of 90s incarnations of Superman distilled into one, utterly shitty version.

modern superhero comics ARE made for 40 year old males

But when someone else says it you all lose your minds.

You have issues.

>>The only people still buying comics are 20-somethings who've abandoned all hope of reproduction
ftfy

No it ins't, fucing simple plots, black and white logic trying to pass as gray area when you can always see who is wrong.

Ridiculous villains like Dr Doom speaking in the third person and using "diplomatic immunity" even though this means shit irl to most countries much less to the US.No real consequences because every single character came back to life sooner or later etc

This shit is for teenagers.

>villains like Dr Doom
Kill yourself you retard

Great now you've brought Snyderfags into this. The whole thread is just gonna be back and forth arguing on how either he ruined the character or how it's the most realistic depiction of him yet. Good job.

Lol no. More like make it appeal to edgy 13 year olds who think killing your enemies and blowing up half your city in a fight is cool.
>inb4 comics are for children

No user, of course not. Superhero comics are not for kids, they're for mature and well adjusted individuals such as yourself.

So, standard American action movie shlock just in bright latex. Which is something that can be enjoyed in every age, but is absolutely retarded when you decide to dissect it.
Just like Alien or Terminator movies, except Americans will shit themselves in rage every time you tell them that.

Getting rid of the trunks because they're "dated" or stupid" is the start of a slippery slope.Ok, so the trunks are dated, now what else is? His villains that aren't Zod or Lex Luthor? Those are always an easy target for modernizations. His supporting cast? Him working as a reporter for a newspaper, cause no one reads newspapers anymore?

I'm an edgelord, but I don't understand why every hero has to be "taken seriously". Superman had a look that worked for decades and is really no more retarded than Spider-Man's suit or Wolverine's yellow garbage which looks stupid no matter how many time you try to modernize it (which is funny because I don't hear casuals complaining about it looking silly for some reason)

I can't believe there are actual people on this board that doesn't like the trunks.