I'm not a real person

>I'm not a real person
What did she mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rvJsG4F2Img
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She's like a weird light hologram creature thing

He's a gem.

Fact all Gems have penis under their clothes. This is why they all have such big dick-sucking lips.

You can be a person and not be made of steak.

no you can't
they're technically not alive by our standards

Tell that to Rose, who invented and and is the poster child of gem-guilt.

She’s Croatian

Despite looking and sounding human, she is not human, especially when to comes to the nuances of the human experience.

Next thing you know, you're going to be saying we should give androids the vote. Fuck off, you robosexual.

Who's standards?

Gamer trash aren't humans.

I guess that begs the question of what a 'person' is. I think the conversation would've been better if they used the word 'human being' rather than 'person' because the word 'person' in these kinds of fantasy/scifi settings is usually used an umbrella term describing most sentient beings even if they aren't humanoid or organic. Gems are too humanlike in psychology to not be considered independent units capable of free and conscious action regardless of the standards set by the diamonds and their culture.

It seems that ‘person’ in Rose’s experience may be more of a human term that is generally only applied to other humans. It’s kinda interesting to think about the social implications that gems may not even have a concept of ‘person’ and (at least some like Rose apparently) don’t think of themselves as people. It kinda fits because gems do objectify themselves and one another a lot- usually they only ever amount to whatever job they were created for.

So, yeah, short answer is probably she meant she’s not a real human.

That image is cringeworthy.

>regardless of the standards set by the diamonds and their culture.

Maybe you or I can just disregard this in determining whether or not Rose counts as a person, but I’m not sure if Rose could. The choice of words may be appropriate in saying something about her character. There’s an over arching theme with Rose having admiration for human being’s ability to change and grow, and she seems to have considered herself incapable of that, and she may be using those ideas to determine the status of her own personhood.

Hell, if you look at it that way, then her decision to stop existing in order to create Steven can be interpreted as her giving up on herself and passing along her gem to someone who may be able to do and be things she wanted to but didn’t believe herself capable of. That’s kinda sad considering the other crystal gems have debunked that through the course of the show by growing and changing as people themselves.

Do you think Rose can see and experience things through Steven?

Yes the only reason she made him was so she could experience being a human and she's just waiting for the day for Steven to die so she can reform her body.

It always weirds me out when I realize that the show will either never answer the big question of ‘what will happen when Steven dies?’ or they’ll have to kill Steven.

>implying Steven won't "die" at some point and come back to life to further cement the Jesus allegory.

>waiting for the day for Steven to die so she can reform her body
>never answer the big question of ‘what will happen when Steven dies?’ or they’ll have to kill Steven.

I would honestly be surprised if they don't kill him at some point. It'd be like a season finale thing that would be the final sacrifice or something.

I bet they will kill Steven but he'll just reform as himself with Rose being gone forever. Basically being even more of a Christ figure than he already was.

Maybe that’ll cover it, but I feel like I may still be curious about what if Steven dies dies instead of “dies.”

More like

Steven gets his gem shattered, putting him in a somewhat clinical death, then he revives as human, as it was foreshadowed in Open Book.

Now that they’ve killed and resurrected Lars I can see them killing and resurrecting Steven, but my problem is I doubt they’ll actually kill Steven.

Since he's the main character and the whole show is primarily from his perspective, they definitely won't kill off Steven permanently, unless to end the series.

Get off the internet, Pearl

What if instead of Steven dying in the traditional way, he somehow becomes his own kid similarly to how Rose became him? They could continue following his gem then.

I'm sorry, but you are not a person unless you are delicious. Which is why Pearl is a person because she is made out of salt.

The show is less about the gem and more about Steven. The gem more expendable narrative-wise, so I see Steven outliving it in a scenario that something bad happens to them, resulting in death.

Obviously when Steven dies he'll reform as a half-human Pink Diamond.

Then Pink Diamond will break apart the cluster and imbued all life on earth with gem shards to create an unstoppable army(that she can control with her powers over organic life) so that she can take back the Gempire from White Diamond.

We Need to Talk is the best episode in the show almost purely because of this scene

>Not mencioning Jailbreak

>not Bismuth

I doubt they'd end the series with Steven dying unless it's in an epilogue with Steven choosing to join his dead human friends and family centuries later. Plus I don't think the creators would want to leave a now immortal Lars and the Crystal Gems alone etc etc

And in a Western cartoon for children they are not going to axe him off in the finale.

Most likely they'll never address what'll happen in the future.

meant for

Jailbreak is a meme that made the show mainstream and killed Garnet as a character

The song is overrated too

The definition of life.

Yes.

I wanted them to emphasize how alien the gems were and they went there and I loved it.

This.

The ending of Lion 3: Straight to Video, the ending Rose’s Scabbard, the ending of The Test and Pearl's song in Mr Greg are all better scenes. Also Rose's speech in Greg The Babysitter was pretty great. Steven asking Rose why she even made him in Storm In The Room was one of the realist moments of the show. Pearl thinking of killing Steven in Three Gems And A Baby was one of the most intense moments in the show. Yellow Diamond's singing is fucking awesome.

Basically what I'm saying is that it's a good scene but it's got a lot of competition so I fail to see how it automatically makes We Need to Talk the best episode.

is this the new tumblr meme, you dont have to be organic to be human? like how you dont have to have a vagina or 2 X chromosomes to be a woman?

wew.

This honestly. It's a good episode but really not that great, I'd argue The Return was better.
Man I remember the sticky for that episode was fucking crazy, SU had already taken off on Sup Forums before the internet at large and that thread was moving at a thousand miles an hour. I wonder if we'll get a sticky for the series finale.

>it's popular so it sucks

People != human necessarily.

Elves are a people, dwarves are a people, etc/ Yes, I know neither of these groups are real, and yes 'a people' is grammatically correct .

It's human arrogance to insist people could only ever possibly refer to them.

Didn't say that, I even said it's a good episode you fucking moron. I think other episodes are better though, including the first half of the two-parter it came from.

I'd rather watch the Young Greg and Rose series.

We all would user

>More exploration of Greg's and Rose's relationship
>More Rose in general
>Salty as FUCK Pearl
>Weird sexual tension between Greg and all of the other gems
>Greg going on adventures with Rose and the other CG's to clear out corrupted gems like in season 1

Read that as

I want to see Young Greg asking about Bismuth's bubble. And Rose going: It's just an artifact.

Anyone find Lion to be suspicious as fuck? For some reason my autism keeps on linking something about Pink Diamond is connected to the son of a bitch. The fact it is a ressurected lion friend Rose had pity on after it died, yet it's intelligence exceeds all other know animals on the show, the crystal gems had no idea that Rose had a lion, and Lion seemed to know Steven and even moreso direct him to discovery of secrets. I bet a bubbled PD is in there or some of her essence/or a portion of Rose. Why else would Rose hide Lion from the others, she is usually loving to share her earth experiences with others.

Death is the ultimate in human experience though.
Just saying, though. I don't think the series will end with Steven dying. Him growing old though is not out of the question desu

Greg would have to have gone in Lion World for that.

Greg never went on the adventures with the Crystal Gems either, so it's all wishful thinking.

>immortal Lars

It kinda annoys me when people say this. We admittedly do know that Lars’s bodily processes have been slowed significantly, but that in itself might not expand his longevity to an incredible length, and besides he can probably still be killed even if his lifespan might be prolonged.

I want an episode that sets the tone for Greg having been scared of magic stuff in first season. The episode with him being amazed by Rainbow Quartz made it a little incongruous. An episode with Greg and the gems in a gem situation. Maybe Opal is there.

I think any prequel would need a serious "made in the late 80's-early 90's" feel that followed Greg meeting the gems before adventuring with them and seeing homeworld try to return. Which would be a similar enough plotline that would make Steven Universe feel like a reboot with a different MC.

Lions live for 10-14 years, but the one rezzed by Rose is at least 200 years old.
Lars' life expectancy is currently longer than a normal human's, but it's up in the air if he won't be killed off.

>ywn see opal ever again

>Lions live for 10-14 years, but the one rezzed by Rose is at least 200 years old.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQkAgSRkGxM
Lion didn't show up in Buddy's Book, there were only regular non-pink lions there. So we don't know how old he is.

I'd argue he did (pick related).
Following the law of conservation of detail, would mean that Lion belonged to the pride in your video.

How many times has a fusion VA ever even returned at a later season (Stevonnie notwithstanding)?

>Elves are a people

Sardonyx.

>Elves are a people

>Elves
>People
youtube.com/watch?v=rvJsG4F2Img

>Pearl's song in Mr Greg
opinion discarded

She was using the term person in the same context he was "Can we talk like real people" as in "Can we talk like two adult human beings in a romantic relationship", she doesn't qualify for which she does not qualify.

>I'd argue he did (pick related).
That is a picture of one of the regular lions in a shadow. Also if there was a pink lion around then Buddy would've mentioned it. Unless you think Lion licked Buddy and then teleported away in the second it took for him to wake up.
>Following the law of conservation of detail, would mean that Lion belonged to the pride in your video.
Sure but that doesn't mean she had created him yet.

Personality I think Rose has had Lion for a long time but me thinking that isn't the same thing as it being canon. For all we know she could've created him shortly before Steven was born, it would explain why none of the Crystal Gems ever saw him despite spending so much time around Rose.

She knows she's an inorganic alien who cannot understand the human condition.

*someone else's definition of life you decided to adopt as your own

The definition of abstract ideals is subjective. It's why Pluto isn't a planet anymore.

This has been a philosophical stance that's existed for centuries, but sure, whatever you say

No, then we cant enslave them for our pleasure

This. I don’t think Lion was in Buddy’s Book. We only know that Lion is probably at least as old as Steven.

Also lions can live into their 30s.

>Unless you think Lion licked Buddy and then teleported away in the second it took for him to wake up.

That wouldn’t even matter. That image is from Steven’s imagination of the events Buddy wrote down and not a literal interpretation of them. Remember, Buddy’s portrait actually looks nothing like Jamie. Which would also explain why all the lions Buddy wrote about would bear a strong resemblance to the one lion Steven knows personally, which may or may not be accurate.

pluto is a planet

Shut up, Jerry.

Remind me what your original position was? I want to know so I can side with the other user.