Euro folklore gets used for fantasy stories all the time

>Euro folklore gets used for fantasy stories all the time
>it's always pretty innacurate
>movies set in fantasy worlds usually pick and choose from various sources of inspiration
>it was always mostly the bud of jokes
>BP comes out and people complain that it's not accurate to so and so

I understand being sensitive over the portrayal of esthetics and cultures we've never seen portrayed on this scale, but this defensiveness is kinda ridiculous. Some act as if it was deliberate on marvel's part, because it's black people and they supposedly don't give a shit, but if anything it's a proof that they're treating it like any other fantasy story hollywood does.

>EuroFolklore
>full of Nigs
>Gyppos are the true heroes
BASED AMERITARDS!

>the bud of jokes

The fuck is a gyppo?

I may have made a mistake there.

English is my second language. Educate my ignorant ass.

Because they had to resort to fantasy to create a native african-led african nation that wasn't a shithole

AYO WHYPEPO STOP OH-PRESSIN US N SHIET

>it's always pretty innacurate
Well, duh? Each on of them try to create their own universe to copyright it and create their own fandom subculture around it

Bacl Panther in the other hand is was supposed to be an africa in the "real world"

But that's not even the biggest problem with them, they use stone age weapons in their army even though their cities are futuristic, even against alliens, they let their political leader go on black ops style missions by himself each 5 minutes even though he could be kidnapped, tortured and killed.

Wakanda is an extremely illogical country and the MCU version is even worse.

>B-but Atlantis/Asgard
they are not humans, we can't judge the logic of a non human civilization using human standards.

Gypsy.

Pretty sure I've seen comic Wakanda use guns.

Plus considering they supposedly shut themselves off before guns were a thing, it'd make sense they'd develop more advances versions of whatever weapons they had at first.

Plus tech spears, discs and power armors look cooler.

I don't actually know what the actual idiom is
I think it's "butt of the joke" but I'm not sure

Atlanteans are human

Marvel Atlanteans have blue sking, pointy ears and ugly teeths.

And even those guys are less elven tan fucking Wakanda.

I don't care if it's accurate to any African culture especially since it's not based on any, but it sure as hell shouldn't be so American.

>American
Apart from the music, how so?

Where you during Thor releases? 2/10 bait. Do better next time Sup Forums

The music was very much associated with black American culture, the mannerism too. They clearly did that on purpose which makes me suspect the rest will be the same.

>They clearly did that on purpose
It's almost like the people making it are american or something

Don't you know? America needs to make entertainment for the entire world

Because even though most fantasy stories are horribly inaccurate, there exist works that get the folklore right, or at least have correct depictions of some folklore while incorrect depictions of other folklore, African folklore is very, very rarely depicted at all. Imagine if the only major film depicting the folklore of your geographical region is mostly shit made up by people from a different country and that made up shit will get spread worldwide. Unlike most Western and Southern European folklore and myth, there are no commonly available sources for sub-Saharan Africa for most of the world, and unlike European stuff we do not have the cultural and educational background to know when people are taking liberties. Most European fantasies either take place on entirely unreal worlds or a generically German but otherwise unnamed part of the real world whereas Wakanda is tied directly to Eastern Central Africa meaning that it becomes far more obvious to the people in the know that they're just making shit up, which is a problem when you've got people hyping this as something other than a generic action flick.

>we will never get a cadre of villains based on the Botswana heavy metal scene

>>BP comes out and people complain that it's not accurate to so and so

What? What the fuck are you talking about? Tumblr is creaming its fucking jeans for Black Panther. There are literally fundraisers - successful fundraisers - to take poor black kids to see it.

I'm actually from africa too, and see this as what it is : a standard fantasy fare that happens to use african folklore instead of, say, greek.

Expecting it to be a documentary is kinda silly.

Everyone has their different limits as to what is acceptable, but having Wakanda worship an Egyptian goddess would be like doing a story based on Greek folklore and having elves show up.

You're not south african whites are you?

in that case your "culture" would be british.

No it wouldn't, it'd be white South African, which itself would have further divides based on geography and class.

maybe the movie isn't for everyone

Ethiopia almost counted, but then it got taken over by Italians and communists.

...it's Hollywood

>Wakanda is tied directly to Eastern Central Africa
Is it really? I thought Marvel never bothered to specify its location beyond "Africa".

>White South Africans are British
Go anywhere outside the Cape and try telling people that and you'll get punched in the face.

According to the new maps Wakanda is east of Lake Victoria

Forgot my pic

It's rather ironic, because Black Panther is the most accurate to what heroes from European folklore seemed to be about. A member of a warrior aristocracy who defends his lower class kin against foreign threats.

Let's hope these people never figure out that Gorilla City exists.

Being a dcfag I don't know what Wakanda is like, or how the movie version is American, but doesn't your argument fall apart with how the movies treated Asgard as not American?

Are you the kid who told me where I can find the candle in legend of Zelda 2?

>most scientifically and technologically advenced country in the planet
>in the middle of africa
so much WUZ KANGS

Gorilla City appears, what, every 3 years? And the story is that aliens did everything and fucked off.

Wakanda is being pushed EVERYWHERE and the story is that they were already advanced before the Homo sapiens.

I hope this movie bombs hard.

It can't because it is a major subplot of civil war so people will want to see how it will end, MCU series formula make sure that it can't flop unless the previous movie underperform

So is this intruding on Karagwe or Busoga land? I can't quite tell from this image, the lake's shape is throwing me off. Bloody savages, annexing a prosperous kingdom's land and trying to claim their achievements for themselves.

>Asgard
>Black people in Asgard
>Medieval Europe
>Lots of black people
Gotta insert that diversity everywhere you can cram it into, even if it makes no sense. Imagine if they had a bunch of white people in Wakanda, who are just accepted as being there, just, that they were always there.

>Niganda
So Wakanda is currently in Uganda? Then where's Marvel Uganda?

There were black people in medieval europe though

Iberia* why is it so difficult for you "people" to learn geography?

>they are not humans
Neither are niggers.
It's a joke, faggot mods. Learn to take one every once in a while

Funny, you think those two are a continuous thought and not two separate points.

Were they "black"-smiths by any chance? Also.
>Muh Black Knights of the Round Table

Also that was due to the natural extension of the Umayyad caliphate's massive borders, which notably never went further than Iberia, and went on to decline with the split of the caliphate and the beginning of the Reconquista.

There was one, though. He was the only one and he was the son of another, British knight, but there was one.

>There were black people in the Iberian Peninsula and literally no where else

FTFY famalam

the ACTUAL natives of south africa (Bushmen) were genocided by the Zulu/Bantus.

When whites came, the Zulus who were there were not even native to the land, the land wasn't theirs.

White south africans actually PROTECTED the few remaining bushmen in the region to prevent more tribal mass killings from occurring.

Even if you were right, South Africa was settled by the DUTCH not british. The British settled Rhodesia/Zimbabwe.

Get your history right brainlet.

>>B-but Atlantis/Asgard
>they are not humans
And that's the point of Wakanda.
It fills niche of "lost advanced human civilisation"

moors touching iberia =/= africans in europe

Stay pure and innocent user.