Remember storm hawks?

Just remembered this show years ago and its cel-shaded characters and animation is more vivid than a mediocre 15-minute faux-animu show made in MikuMikuDance.

Other urls found in this thread:

jabarchives.com/tjaforum/forum/tja-main-main-area-for-everything-but-the-artists-below/writers-lounge/40668-commissions?p=42562#post42562
hentai-foundry.com/stories/user/El_Heffe/4432/In-Mistress-Cycloniss-Dungeon
youtube.com/watch?v=pStNSM_h_LY
youtube.com/watch?v=yhGjCzxJV3E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I honestly loved the setting of this series. The whole sky ship vibe with the crystal based magic/science was great.

Creators went and made Slugterra which feels similar in tone, but the setting is just weird.

I remember, fining about it a few years ago, then watching both seasons, and joining the "I want season 3" camp.

It has strong parts and really dumb weak parts aswell

In other words........ like every show ever?

I hated a lot of the storm hawks themselves

>We will never learn Dark Ace's backstory of why he betrayed his homeland and killed all his friends.
Shame.

hated it.

I liked it. It had an interesting world and fun action.

Piper is a precious cinnamon roll whose smile must be protected at all costs.

i remember liking it, can remember nothing about it though

I want to fuck NotLance

reboot when?

>reboot
>reboot
>REBOOT
FUCKING SEQUEL, A 3RD FUCKING SEASON.

Would you reboot Star Wars after Empire ended? Fucking Hey Arnold got an ending, so can this. Sure, SH was not as popular. But it deserves an ending just the same.

Nerd Corps don't do reboots, man.

Were the energy blades just rebranded lightsabers?

>Would you reboot Star Wars after Empire ended

That's what Disney is doing now

Yes. Lucasfilm own the rights to lightsabers and the term "droid".

No. DISNEY owns the term "droid".

One of the animation interns was in my WoW guild and basically spoiled all of season 2 for us.

I wonder what ever happened to him...

Over the past couple years I've gone back and revisited shows that I liked when I was younger and have repeatedly been disappointed. Code Lyoko and the original Teen Titans cartoon both spring to mind as not being nearly as good as I remembered.

And then I got to Storm Hawks, which I had missed half of when it was on. And it was FANTASTIC. OK, so some jokes fell flat, and it could be sillier at times than I really like, but overall it was a solid show that was even better than I'd remembered it being.

Season 3 when?

Insert Piper lesbian comment here.

I remember the villainess

Funny thing is, the lesbian subtext was originally unintentional, but once the producers heard it constantly brought up by their fanbase they decided to just go with it but "keep in ambiguous" because a full-on lesbian dynamic would have been shot down.

Originally they were going to pair her with Aerrow, starting with some romantic tension in mid-to-late Season 2, but that whole subplot got ditched before the first season was even over, when the fanbase started buzzing about Piper/Cyclonis.

I don't usually latch on to villains, but Cyclonis was honestly one of the highlights of the show. She's just so fucking cool!

One imagines the shipping wasn't hurt by Piper and Cyclonis being among the better characters. Most of the cast is fine, but these two are definitely standouts. Hell, Piper basically becomes the main character by the end cause she just had more to work with.

I remember Piper. Good faps.

I remember league of super evil and storm hawks, were they they made by the same studio ?

Yes, Nerd Corps.

>League of Super Evil
Fuck that brings me back.

I have this fic of Master Cyclonis mind breaking Piper if anybody is interested.

Yes please.

Here you go.
jabarchives.com/tjaforum/forum/tja-main-main-area-for-everything-but-the-artists-below/writers-lounge/40668-commissions?p=42562#post42562

Do you have any rape fics involving Piper and preferable a male character?

No, just more Piper and Cyclonis.

I wish a celshaded/npr cartoon would be made. I love that shit.
right now I have to settle with animu, which is alright but still I like the style of western more.

Wtf kind of title is “Sky Knight?” How was one knighted as a “Sky Knight and what authority did it grant? Why is “Sky Knight” such a lack-luster, bad name, and what would be a better name for the title?

>mediocre 15-minute faux-animu show made in MikuMikuDance.
are you talking about rwby

What’s the context for that picture? It looks like Aerrow is about to be raped.

Finn was a superior character to Aerrow and deserved to be the protagonist

It seems to be a noble title. Aerrow was a sky night because his ancestor was a sky knight.

The only thing I know about this show is that Creaturebox, the group that has worked as concept artist for the Ratchet & Clank series, worked as designers of some of the cast.

Cyclonis was lame. She never did anything!

Chicka cha, my niggas.

Nobody knew that about him when he became a Sky Knight.

Lots of lag and stuttering

>corruption

My fetish

gib more

Teen Titans wasn't made in MikuMiku so yes

Be warned, It's not very good.
hentai-foundry.com/stories/user/El_Heffe/4432/In-Mistress-Cycloniss-Dungeon

Was this the show where the team is pretty much all C-list villains but their dog is this extra-dimensional chaos beast that is actually frequently horrifying?

Yes it was.

Yes. But at least ROTJ still got made. You do not ask for a reboot to a show that ahsn't even ended yet.

Well if there is enough demand/buzz about it some Studios may take a look at the idea mate, specially when we have both Blender Freestyle render youtube.com/watch?v=pStNSM_h_LY and my favorite Junya C way of do the actual Anime 2D style rendering in 3D in the Guilty Gear Xrd game youtube.com/watch?v=yhGjCzxJV3E

Of course we are

lol yeah, most models are either Miku or Touhou models

Well, if anything I thought that the design of their vehicles and those dope energy swords were cool as hell.

Better ship than Millennium Falcon.

Starling was the best girl. I don't care what anyone says

It honestly deserved better. Looking back, it was quite good and original, but it was always just "there", never gained much acclaim or a proper fanbase. It's honestly weird I think, it had all the elements needed to kick off an autistic fanbase
>original style and designs
>lore
>cool, fast action
>colourful, but pretty simple personality-wise characters
>waifus
Yet it didn't really work. Why?

To attract the maximum # of viewers, you need TWO things:
>good promotion and advertising
>good time slot
Storm Hawks lacked both.

Remember that time the ship blew up so stork turned into batman and killed those dinosaur men?
Shit was cash

I remember the show. Was pretty weird but fun to watch.

RWBY is always shit

Looks a lot like the Bebop but whatever. Didn't they all have their own little fighters too?

oh my

Flying bikes with guns. That shoot lasers.

But the C•I•N•E•M•A•T•O•G•R•A•P•H•Y during aerial combat is SO GOOD, it would give Miyazaki a boner. Nerd Corps did not get TV animation budget to stop them.

Wish I could post 3 images at once, like...... on some other sites.

I miss Max Skeen

So do I.

A mook imagines a stage production about his life.

Pictured: canadians.

>he doesn't think Storm Hawks are the coolest

I remember precisely 1 episode of this show. The villain pretends to be friends with one of the main characters. Only to then try and shoot her with some dark crystal shit. But it doesnt work because it literally cant hurt your friends, even if you were only friends for a short time.

I thought it was ok.

You should have watched some more. The strengths of the show, what makes it work, are the aerial dogfights, wacky action, and banter between members of the team. The episode you remember does not have much of that.

>this high quality
>640x480
How?

Also kek at the Wile E. Coyote ref.

Welp, now I want to rewatch it. Or perhaps watch it would be a better world, since I remember close to nothing from it anyway

What is it about cel-shading that lets it hold up so well?

The Harbor of Sea Rats.

Deliberately NOT going for realism always allows CG to hold up, sometimes 4ever.

fuck off back to lulz cancer

Don't underestimate what good art design can lead to. Just look at TF2.

In the first episode they say "Aerrow passed the trials and was knighted", implying it's earned rather than inherited.

Nobles in feudal Europe usually had to be knighted as well. They inherited lordships/baronies/duchies/etc., they earned knighthoods.

Mind you, if you were a lord of any significance, it wasn't hard to find somebody to knight you.