RWBY/RT General #1400: "That Was The Finale?" Edition

>1. Love RWBY, hate RWBY, just don't try to tell us it's good
>2. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>3. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion
>4. Don't believe their lies

1080p archive:
mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

RWBY Volume 5 Chapter 14 Link:
rtv3-video.roosterteeth.com/store/dccb906f3c4accfa5e17955b228f167e-54472acb/ts/index.m3u8

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.com/video/trailer-darth-maul-revealed
youtube.com/watch?v=SST5NjFSYEo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They got put on a bus because RWBY has too many characters as it is.

Also Leo sent the students and faculty away from the school to let Cinder's posse grab the relic more easily.

I know, I know. But they have to at least confirm the girls' ages. They did for Ruby, who apparently had a birthday sometime between 3 and 4.

Episode 14 is in the archive:

I'm torn between asking someone to remind her she needs to live for her waifu showing up in chibi and to be there for Emerald in v6 until we learn how cinder survived at a lake at the bottom of the cavern eating cave fish but I'm also worried that it'll just make it worse what with the Roman/Neo/Banesaw treatment. Seriously, fucking banesaw goddamn.

I can't wait to be disappointed in 1080p

Threadly reminder that:

>these chucklefucks are confirmed returning at some point
>the rest of team FNKI already has designs confirmed
>Atlas is next volume

are you guys excited for the return of best team?

Even though it was overall disappointing, I liked
>Raven saying I’m sorry
>Blake saying I’m not going anywhere
>Emerald crying after Yang appears
I don’t particularly like these characters but it got me.

The post you replied to was memeing, did you use the right link?

Fuck yes, it's almost Winter time

A BROKEN DREAM ON A WASHED UP MIND!
GOT MY MEMORIES STINGING MY SOAKING EYES!
AND LORD KNOWS, LORD KNOWS THAT I'VE BEEN BAD!
BEEN SO BAD!
THAT I CAN'T REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES I'VE HAD!

Pic unrelated I just posted anything.

I used the link from the last OP

>confirmed
Where?

>Qrow accidentally calls her Willow

Based Neon dragging Weiss and Yang out to a rave WHEN

HIGH IMPACT SEXUAL DUELING

>the rest of team FNKI already has designs confirmed
Really? do they have names or is every thing hidden

I feel like they made a point of saying "aren't you worried about running out?" because Jaune will run out of aura healing someone some day. Who will it be?

Why didn't they just call the cops from the beginning

>himself

My Neon folder is ready!

His semblance is straight up a death flag as far as I'm concerned.

Ruby most likely

You can choose whether or not to believe me, but I talked to M&K at the RWBY meetup at AX2017 and the only question I asked them was "does the rest of team fnki already have designs and if so are we ever going to see them?"

Miles' response was "wink wink wink wink"
Kerry was nodding in the background

>Jaune by volume 8

Jaune will be taken out of the picture early next volume to create drama and be rid of showing him on screen for a short while.

Nowhere. Barb said if she could choose the tournament teams would be one-offs and never ever come back, further cementing herself as worst girl.

>Raven killed a scared little girl for her powers and called it mercy in a vain attempt to defend how shit she was in front of her daughter
Holy shit, that's awful, that makes what she did to Vernal even worse, in fact it shades light on her bandit tribe even more, she doesn't care about them ,she's just gathering loyal meat shields to die in her place so she can see tomorrow no matter the cost. Then, when even after all this, Yang offers her a chance to stop being cowardly and shit, to stop running away when that's pointless and try to fight to survive instead she tearfully runs away again shattering all of Yang's hopes of ever reconciling with her mother, who despite all her bad, she still loves.

I did find it amusing how Adam was like "I have friends in high places" and Sun making fun of him, even more so when he tried to bait an ambush and Blake just shut it down leaving him sitting on his ass until Hazel and co ran by, now he's going to stick to them to keep his ass out of prison.

The icing on the cake is how Leo went down, he's fine shooting at a kid but another kid shooting a him and daring him to fight? He runs away like she said she'd cut his face off and feed it to him, then dies constantly begging Salem for mercy.

I wonder if there's a limit on how long a person remains charged up? Does it fade as their aura naturally regenerates? Or is it a timed buff like in the vidya RWBY is inspired by? I half expected some forced drama with Weiss collapsing exhausted when Jaune's buff runs out. But I guess there wasn't enough time in the episode for that.

Cops are normies. They went to the super cops and he was working with the villains

God damn Flynt looks cool

>Jaune by volume 7

Salem firmly controls the Mistral police commissioner with sex. Blake only got the cops she did with an emergency call.

>V3 had like six threads in a row getting around 1000 posts after the finale
>Even 1200+ in a couple of cases
>V5 finale can't even get two threads to over 700 in a row

Not surprising since there wasn't much going on this finale

honestly one of my favorite character designs in RWBY

>Jaune post-ascension into an angel because fuck you user.

Same he looks very stylish
Hopefully bringing him to Maya wont make him look weird

Half of those threads were people sperging out about Pyrrha.

Man, I didn't think I'd be as mad seeing Ruby call for Checkmate and then the camera going away when they were about to do it but here I am, just completely full of Ragna, obviously that move did enough to put Emerald,Mercury and Hazel down but it would have been nice to see it, Weiss's glyphs and Blake's sword beams definitely would have been hard for them to tank and dodge with how not only fast they were coming out but Ruby's speed keeping them from retaliating.

So how much of V5( as well as prior stuff) Miles' fault, and how much of it is Kerry's fault? Because I think Miles wrote RvB's Chorus Trilogy on his own, which is one of my favorite RvB arcs of all time, but then there's RWBY, especially Volumes 4 and 5. Has Kerry solo written anything, whether RT related or not, as a point of comparison?

I think it'd be a neat mini-plot for Ironwood and his scientists, the guys who have "revolutionized" aura use, to see his pool of aura as something to exploit. Have him exhaust himself healing people and let the Atlas guys take him for treatment. Hook him up to one of those aura machines and have him juice up the new Pennies or something secretly while claiming they're trying to get him to recover, making sure he never reaches enough aura to actually wake up.

There hasn't been much going on for two volumes now.

I lowkey ship him with Weiss.

Ah, cynical popsicle guy. My greatest foe.

Fuze is the best operator

>just completely full of Ragna
Ruby is too.
Crossover on the brain user?

So they set the Raven redemption arc in motion, how long before she dies saving Yang?

>He's gonna find it whether you like it or not
>Can't relax cause holy shit this crazy psychopath behind me is convinced I have 20 kilos of heroin 3 bends into my intestines and wont listen

They already can't handle writing and it's gonna get worse both because jaune is basically a huge aura battery and that at a bare minimum, the plot has to constantly contort around his existence which is gonna make a lot of issues

It's almost like two trashings and the show confirming that no it's not growing pains, there's nothing left to save hurts a show

Reminder to make jaune healslut art and mail physical copies of it to michael and lindsay to open on AHWU

Personally I'm not too much of a fan of Flynt and Neon's designs, I feel they play too much into their gimmicks. I do like that they had actual characterization though, unlike the other tourney teams.

>Mercury's fucking face when Hazel starts screeching next to him
The best part of this episode honestly

Everything raven this entire show has been a mistake

>I do like that they had actual characterization though, unlike most of the main cast.

ftfy

I think Miles does most of the dialogue? And Kerry's the director so he's setting the pacing and the general mise-en-scene.

Or maybe I'm fucking wrong, I dunno. But the first half of volume 5 was perfectly fine. It seemed like everything went to shit around ep 8, despite the touching scene between Yang and Weiss (which honestly could have been rolled up into ep 7). I think M&K were rushed, and they look a bit burnt out. RWBY's a huge production and they're writing and directing it almost entirely on their own.

Fuck, I didn't mean to write that. Dammit, this doesn't mean a thing.

>So they set the Raven redemption arc in motion
No they didn't

Mercury was good this episode after him being really meh the whole volume.

I don't think anyone deep down can really hate V1/V2 cause it's basically a pack of weebs just bein' themselves and really making something. It's rough but that's expected because it's a bunch of weebs just being themselves like, what could you really expect. Yeah it was really fucking rough but for all that they all got together went out and made a thing which is pretty easy to respect

raven is unironically one of the biggest shit bags in the entire show
there is no redemption for her

>Cinder didn't return at all
>Meaning Raven was deifnitively the one to give Cinder her comeuppance (for now)
>Not Ruby, Jaune or even Weiss who she impaled about 5 minutes prior

Man, she better not be dead because giving Raven that moment is so pointless.

So was the Volume 2 post-credit scene just a dream or something?

It means you understand the power of the Eternal Onii-chan.
That is enough. That shows itself to be all it means and more user.

Anyway, I hear you. The most annoying this these last few episodes has been that confrontations that could have been fantastic have happened off-screen.

I haven't watched the finale yet, but I've just seen the episodes before it, so I'll complain while I download it from mega

>Ozpin and Qrow immediately figure out Lionheart is about to lead them into a trap
>don't bother to take any precautions or apparently even warn the kids (Weiss: "This was all just a trap?")

>Adam takes control of a vast terrorist organization to attack Haven
>takes like 6 people with him

Is there anyone who is not congenitally retarded in this show?

It's gone from happening, to being a dream, to at this point not even existing.

We've been complaining about your first point since episode 11 came out. The second point, you don't bring your whole army for a secret terrorist bombing.

>Those black lines

Well now it's perfectly acceptable.

A lot happened in the V3 finale, including Pyrrha dying and Ruby's silver eyes. Vol 4 and 5 endings don't leave that much to discus or theorize.

Rule of RWBY still applies: the characters are only cool up until we actually get to know them
Roman dying before we got any sort of backstory for him was actually a blessing

Can you knock it fucking off? There's no reason for us to get kicked to trash if you fuckers can behave. I'd like more than 14 people in 24 hours or 7 in 72 to talk about rwby fics, pics, and chibi

I lost

Who the fuck can kill Raven?

Did we know it was nothing more than a little bombing? It might just be the fact I'm so uninterested that I missed it, but I was under the implication that it was going to be almost like another Invasion of Beacon.

>Leaves infant daughter and lover
>Hides out in the woods while other people fight the Big Bad
>Kills the Spring Maiden, who was implied to be afraid of the whole situation she was in, just to gain her powers
>Sets up a decoy Spring Maiden, who later takes the bullet for her
>Let's her daughter go off to fave the Big Bad herself.

Raven is actually one of the worst people in this show. I like that I can say that without it being a joke or shitty meme.

Salem is the only one.

If Yang liked Blake, wouldn’t she just be like her father: loving someone who will just run away?

it's falseflaggers trying to get mods to move us, fuck them

The plan was for Cinder and Spring to get the relic uncontested due to Leo evacuating the school, and then a couple days later WF sneaks in and blows shit up. Cinder's desire for power and revenge led her to delaying the relic theft until the day the WF was blowing shit up, to get revenge on Ruby or something.

>tfw the chance for on screen cinder/emerald yuri is dead
shit show

In b4
>why does that picture look like someone's supposed to be behind Ruby?
;_;

Nope, what they showed is that Raven pretty much threw away any chance at changing. The thing with Tai was just shitty symbolism to show she abandoned him again,too. She didn't actually go to him, she used her semblance to go to him and immediately fly off before he noticed it was her, but he did notice,because if Yang could figure her out, the guy who fucked her could definitely figure her out.

That's what the tai scene was for, to show that Raven really is scum.

Fucking garbage final episode to a garbage volume. Raven vs Cinder was literally the only good part.

She's a legitimately awful person, and for some reason I really like her because of it. She's sort of tragic in that everything that's ever gone wrong for her is genuinely fucking her up, but it's also all entirely her fault. I want to see more of her.

So depressed Raven is going to be crashing on Tai’s couch next season just fucking crying and leeching off him? We better be getting STRQ backstory off this

Pretty sure she used him to open a portal, then bailed

The dumbest part is that now she's easily the most powerful individual on the planet other than maybe Ozpin and Salem
Just WHY is she so fucking scared?

>Tai seeing Ravens feather was the tease at the end

Were we supposed to react to this is some way?

>it's another off screen fight
Why do we even watch the show?

She's even got a case to be #2 at the moment, since Ozpin is constrained by being in Oscar.

There's still the Winter and Summer Maidens I suppose.

2 volumes

For me I'm desperate to see it get better. It never will, though.

I don't know. For the off chance something cool might happen which is like once every volume right now. It's a futile effort.

CINDER'S OFFSCREEN BRO.
GRIMM DON'T HAVE AURA AND BREAK ICE ALL THE TIME. KNOW WHO GOT A SNAZZY EXTENDOMATIC? DAT GURRRRRRL
THE BEACON RELIC IS STILL OUT THERE AND YOU KNOW WHO HAS THE KEY
GRIMM PYRRA DIDN'T REVEAL HERSELF

starwars.com/video/trailer-darth-maul-revealed

Sounds about right. I don't think anything they'll do will fix raven's character assassination though. Just goddamn I don't even have the knowledge to express what the fuck they did.

>Just WHY is she so fucking scared?
Isn't that the thing though? If someone who is easily top 5 in the world is scared of Salem, then what does she know, and how powerful is Salem?
I watch it for the few characters I like.

Whenever we get kicked off Sup Forums and back to /thrash/ make sure to keep a note of the last general number and start the /trash/ threads using the general number saved in the pastebin

Yup that's exactly what she did.
No, they probably did it so people wouldn't bother them with questions like "Where did Raven go?" The same way they wasted a scene of Ruby asking if Oz's cane is the relic or not

What do you think grimm are to hunters?
youtube.com/watch?v=SST5NjFSYEo

I'm trying to compile a list of all major-ish plot/lore questions the show still has to answer, lmk if I miss anything

>Where did dust come from
>Why doesn’t dust work in space
>Why is the moon all fucked
>What do the relics actually do
>Why can the maidens unlock the relics
>Will Ironwood get a third seat on the council
>How did Summer die
>What is Salem’s endgame
>How can Oz turn people into birds and how deep does his powerset go
>Where is the Beacon relic

>they're snugging on the couch and eating snacks together while they watch a movie

Has any other RT production legitimately been this bad during any arc/ season? Even RvB S15 was only mediocre or so to me, and that was because of the new writer, whereas Miles and Kerry, even if they are burnt out, should know how to write.

What character assassination? Her first conversation with Qrow established she was afraid of Salem.
They didn't assassinate her character, they revealed what it actually was.