I've recently discovered The Ricky Gervais show

I've recently discovered The Ricky Gervais show.

I already love it and I think its both funny and comfy.
I wanted to ask what are the best episodes.

And I also wanted to ask....
Does anyone else think some of the girls that show up in the shorts are pretty sexy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hikVQQC6k0s
youtube.com/watch?v=hVaOrWmrOlU
youtube.com/watch?v=hAaB2oeyA_4
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ipi7IpB9tE
youtube.com/watch?v=bo94pyUh0Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=6VAwxbEdGUg
youtube.com/watch?v=YitdaY1Eam4
youtube.com/watch?v=eBkipKFocT0
youtube.com/watch?v=dbMtuJ1tZnc
youtube.com/watch?v=8k2AbqTBxao
youtube.com/watch?v=KVVX42UACs8
pilkipedia.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Twiggy's_Dance_Club
wherewhywhen.com/xfm-the-ricky-gervais-show-seasons-1-4-complete/
youtube.com/watch?v=lYyEGvwsV-M
youtube.com/watch?v=6-cKqdWZSCU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Make sure to listen to the Ricky Gervais XFM radio broadcasts as well. They are an endless supply of amusement.

youtube.com/watch?v=hikVQQC6k0s

>I've recently discovered The Ricky Gervais show.
I'm sorry.

>I already love it and I think its both funny and comfy.
You have shit taste.

>I wanted to ask what are the best episodes.
Ricky Gervais is an obnoxious, unfunny cunt. Watch something else.

Get that stick out of your arse.

This one is my favorite. It's from season 2 episode 4.
youtube.com/watch?v=hVaOrWmrOlU

Are you man enough to watch all 16 hours, In a row

youtube.com/watch?v=hAaB2oeyA_4
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ipi7IpB9tE
youtube.com/watch?v=bo94pyUh0Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=6VAwxbEdGUg
youtube.com/watch?v=YitdaY1Eam4

Nobody watches it for Ricky Gervais, they watch it for Karl.

Imagine how sad you have to be to tell someone that a show is bad three different times in one post. What, were you too good for a simple "This show sucks", you fucking cockroach?

>he got offended and/or doesn't get it

Thanks guys.

this

FROGS
GOING
MENTAL

I've been meaning to watch this after falling in love with An Idiot Abroad, but I still haven't figured out where to get a good torrent after all the staple sites were shut down.

if you're starting heres your homework
screencap all the background ladies.

>Does anyone else think some of the girls that show up in the shorts are pretty sexy?

>Does anyone else think some of the girls that show up in the shorts are pretty sexy?

I forget the episode and context, but one of the girls bends over infront of the fridge and shows off her panties for another girl

it made my penis twich

You're in the wrong thread, buddy.

So is he for real or something? I just can't comprehend him being 100% real about what he says.

I think a lot of what he says is just hypothetical, intending to come off as something that would be funny if it were true, but because he tells it in a deadpan way Ricky and Steve think he actually believes it.

That, and he seems like a quiet person generally, and when Steve and Ricky try to get him to say something he struggles to same something interesting to justify his being there, and if comes off as half baked.

I had the pleasure of knowing a dude like Karl Pilkington. Most of his gibberish was exploring concepts or proposing interesting hypotheticals. Like a semi-lucid train of thought that he'd drag us on. His catchphrase was "don't put too much thought into it. I knows I haven't", which I always thought fits Karl well.

I learned about it this month, too

this man gets it. the entire show is Ricky & Steve doing Karl a favor. Ricky wanted to put this remarkably humble man out there, he's truly one of a kind. Look at his silly head and his caveman expression. The way he says things and throws his opinions out there is so hilarious and stupid that it's almost a brand new kind of comedy. When Karl reacts or analyzes something they're just waiting to pick it apart and laugh at it and sometimes Karl is totally in on it. They gauge each other's reactions and discuss funny things.

You'll be in hysterics regardless of whether or not you like Gervais. Yeah he's an opinionated pudgy cheeky faggot, but make no mistake , he is funny.

Fuck my wife reminds me of Karl sometimes. We can be out with friends and she can say something so out there that I burst out laughing. Also she has a poor grasp on history and mispronounces famous names just like Karl.

You can find them all on youtube, they've even been linked previously itt

They eat lettuce.

not posting the vid youtube.com/watch?v=eBkipKFocT0

The Ricky Gervais Show would be better without Ricky Gervais.

HEAD LIKE A FUCKING ORANGE

I tried watching a few episodes and I didn't like it because the way they treated Karl reminded my of how I used to be bullied when I was a kid.
Like, I just like to talk shit and create imaginary situations which I thought was funny for a bit of banter and these kids used to all be like "thats so fucking DUMB, hahaha how can you be so STUPID hahahah etc. etc."

Does the show get better as it goes on? I just seems like Karl says something a bit goofy or odd, the ricky guy goes BWAHAHAHAHAH, the other guy goes hehehehehehh, and then the ricky guy says "god you are such a BUFFOON, HOW is this POSSIBLE for you to SO STUPID" etc. etc.

and then a decade later they steal his brilliant ideas

forgot my link

As usual, Karl had a good idea and Ricky completely misses the point. Although I wouldn't have gone for owl head for cuteness, I'd do it for sight. Or go with a rodent head.

I always thought his movie ideas would work. The whole idea of Hollywood is making stuff that doesn't exist.
I mean, how many movies we had that were about people switching bodies?

Ricky just has absolutely no imagination. As well as a bad case of thinking he's way smarter than he is.

That's part of British humour. It's often about failure and sometimes that involves a designated bully and bullying target.

Stephen Fry (who did that to Alan Davies on QI, although with more class than Ricky) explains it here youtube.com/watch?v=8k2AbqTBxao

You know what's sad? This bald headed mank twat has better movie ideas than say...Moviebob. Karl at least has original ideas instead of rebooting/"fixing" existing ideas.

Put it this way. Karl's movie ideas gets mock trailers. Moviebob gets nothing but occasional positive retweets and mockery outside of Twitter for them.

Brit here. Fry is explaining how Brit humour has a lot of self-deprecating elements and that includes taking a ribbing from someone else, which is indeed what makes Karl so funny, that he seems like such an underdog in life. But it's also that Ricky Gervais is a sadistic prick who likes to get under other peoples skin, flick through this to see what he's like with another friend who doesn't roll with it as well as Karl.

youtube.com/watch?v=KVVX42UACs8

People like Karl aren't supposed to be on tv, it was only because Ricky and Steve, were working at XFM, a "tinpot" radio station, at the time when they were media darlings thanks to the huge success of The Office, and could do pretty much anything they wanted that they brought him into the show.

He's real and the reason he became so popular is that his humour and outlook is vastly removed from the legions of middle-class, Cambridge mafia types that dominated British comedy at the time and continue to do so.

He does have some wildly idiotic turns, most commonly when he anthropomorphises animals, but his philosophy is generally out of the box, and "stupid" ideas like wondering how he would know if he was the original given a perfect cloning scenario hold up to scrutiny.

He's pretty sharp on occassion, and you can see times where he plays along with his role.

the HBO animated series is comfy, but to get the full experience, you need to start with the audio bootlegs of the XFM shows (which I personally believe KP released), Despite what you may think of Gervais and Merchant (Gervais is an unbearable pseud at times, and Merchant's constant digs at homeless people are somewhat cruel), the XFM shows let you see an evolving dynamic of work of three people who by all rights, shouldn't be working together. Merchant, the staunchly middle class wit, Gervais, the charismatic but slovenly entertainer and Pilkington, a working class savant. You start to pick up on the group dynamics unfold, Merchant getting increasingly jealous of Karl and Ricky's friendship, Ricky becoming an A lister, and Karl, the guy who was told by the station bosses not to talk on air, slowly becoming the star of the show.

TL:DR listen to the XFM shows.

Except that the whole "Alan Davies is a rube" act on QI is insufferable because he's quite clearly putting on an act, as is Fry.

>t. head like a fucking orange

Karls movie ideas are the best.

It's possible that they actually stole his stuff. The writers are brits too.

I like the dynamic of the show. The audience seems to dislike Ricky but the show wouldn't work without him. Karl doesn't know witch anecdotes of his life are fun and the audience would get annoyed when his monkey stories stay unquestioned. Also his laugh is really contagious.

>it's a karl's dad abuses a kid with learning difficulties episode.

>Also his laugh is really contagious
really user?

I think it's true. No many people can do that.

Not that other user but i agree, its rich evans tier contagious

yup..

I’ve been looking for this, thank god someone saved it

And how.

He's not tremendously eloquent or verbose, and he has trouble articulating his ideas sometimes, but lots of them make genuine sense by both internal and external reasoning once you get over the clumsy formulation. I always think of the ep where he and Ricky design animals, and Ricky gives some overboard Lion-Dragon-Scorpion monster with tortoise armour and cheetah legs, usual, kid's fantasy stuff. And Karl designs a snail, with an owl's head for good eyesight and sharp mentality, and a peacock's tail feather that it can produce to dazzle. It's actually a functional combo, however fantastical, and it fits Karl's worldview of "keep yer ed down".

Also this about deadpan comments being (at times wilfully) treat as dim-witted, and about Karl actually being closer to normal than the tiny closed
circle jerk of British media folks

Personally I think that's a load of pretentious crap, fostered on the British by smug elites thrice-removed from reality.

>bottom right

I've been trying to remember a specific episode that made me crack up but can't find it

I remember karl is telling some bizarre insane story but it's so absurd that even steve loses is mind and yells "THAT'S NOT A STORY KARL!' anyone have any clue what episode/part this is from? It was funny to hear steve interrupt and be as baffled as Ricky usually is.

Pretty much this. I hate the fact, that they already have labeled everything Karl says as nonsense and Karl is an idiot who can't possibly say anything serious or intelligent. Maybe it's all fun and games to them or a cultural thing, but it hurts me.

After reading Karl's books and watching The Moaning of Life, I'm of the mind that Karl has a pretty good idea about how life works.
Especially in the Africa episode of An Idiot Abroad where he helped that family build themselves a new "house" and he's up on a hill looking at the whole village where there's an almost endless number of other shitty excuses for houses, and he just says "did it even matter, what we did?"
I think that was the moment where I realized how smart he actually was.
There was also the episode of TMoL about art, and Karl said that he wasn't much of a fan of most of the art that he saw during his episode. Instead, he took the camera crew out in the early morning hours to see a huge flock of birds take off, and all he said was "that's art"
I love that orange-headed little fucker

>Instead, he took the camera crew out in the early morning hours to see a huge flock of birds take off, and all he said was "that's art"

Karl's a simple man but he's right about a lot of stuff. Vomiting various flavors of smoothie onto a canvas is not art. It's pretentious garbage that says nothing.

I quite agree about the vomit bit.
Last time I went to the art museum in town they had some amazing Japanese artwork on display as part of a travelling exhibit, and right next to the exit to the exhibit they had a single sheet of notebook paper with one single vertical red line on it.
What a shift

Is it the one where he talks about going to dance lessons but the place was closed because they were delivering toilet rolls?

anyone know what episode this is?

pilkipedia.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Twiggy's_Dance_Club

Good going OP. I haven't actually marathon on this show in an organised way, but I for sure must've watched every damn episode of this at least twice a few years ago.
They don't seem to be on YouTube anymore, but I loved this to bits and sunk so much time listening to and re-listening to this.
I think Karl and all the things he says are owed to his utterly insane life experiences. Very odd and fascinating childhood, if your familiar with all the anecdotes he shares. A school of genetically deformed children, growing up in a neighbourhood with a unique cast of characters, that ought've shaped his character.

The last season of black mirror was pretty bad. There was an episode that was literally just "Boston Dynamics robot dogs kill everybody". The only actually good episode was the dating app episode.

I highly, highly recommend watching An Idiot Abroad if you want to see Karl out of his comfort zone.

yeah found the episode, it's not the part I was thinking of. The part I'm looking for involves steve yelling and going crazy like ricky usually does

Except season 3. That fucking dwarf Warwick ruins everything

Yeah, Life's Too Short sucked too. At least Derek was a return to form.

I liked Life's Too Short for the most part, it was comfy. Derek seemed like it was trying too hard.

>they eat lettuce

That and one of his movie ideas is almost exactly like a part of a Black Mirror episode. Another theory he had was useed for an entire Black Mirror episode.

>It's possible that they actually stole his stuff
The idea for the pain detector was in fact attributed to Penn Jillette. Unexpected, because I felt dead sure that this is a Pilkington inspiration.

The double brain thing was also a movie. I don't think Karl stole it or heard about it.

Dumb binyot poster

This show always seems to have a small but dedicated following when it gets brought up; and while I encourage people to get into lesser known stuff, Ricky Gervais is the most obnoxious antitheist pseud out there and it baffles me how anyone outside of middle school can actually enjoy him.

I think people can enjoy the show even if they don't like him. It's basicly the Karl show anyway.

>what are the best episodes.
The XFM ones
wherewhywhen.com/xfm-the-ricky-gervais-show-seasons-1-4-complete/

youtube.com/watch?v=lYyEGvwsV-M

When do we get this movie?

Ricky Gervais is basically the villain of this. You don't have to like him.

This, there is actually always a discernible internal logic to the things Karl says. I have no idea if he actually believes any of what he says on camera, but if he did I could see how somebody would.

It helps if you hate him, in fact.

Is karl a virgin? I cant imagine him actually having sex with Suzanne without saying something moodkilling.

Listen to the The Graduate spoof he did to get an idea of his come hither talk.

also he bought suzanne a box of condoms for xmas,

youtube.com/watch?v=6-cKqdWZSCU