So do you think disney bias is a thing?

so do you think disney bias is a thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gk6jsoXPz-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The amount of tasteless woman children that think princess films and mickey mouse shorts are actually good is enough to brainwash them into liking whatever shit has the disney logo on it.

yes, and it's annoying... it's hilarious how film snobs always complains about sequels, remakes and all that stuff but when disney does it it's ok.

The hands are backwards

>hating watterd down immature shit
>durr le fedora meme
Kill yourself disney faggot

You have to define what it is before I can agree or disagree.

Yep, same thing as the Nintendo bonus.

Nostalgia and past good efforts are excellent covers for mediocrity.

if you go on to /r/movies and ask the same question, you will get a shit ton of dislikes and angry comments.

People do not as if their is a Sony bias, even though it's a large foreign own corporation that also manufactures a great deal of products including things which are polluting, possibly might be used as armaments, etc.

Ditto Warner Brothers. Or Paramount/CBS. To move outside of content producers, they don't say it about Verizon, even after buying Yahoo amongst others, or AT&T. Or Bank of America.

Possibly the only other company people say it about is Facebook. While they all still have FB account and freely use them.

The MOUSE owns you.

DEAL.

like/dislike button is a super autistic and useless feature

Yeah. The Last Jedi was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. The movie was not only a shit Star Wars film, but also just shit.

>90% Fresh
>85% Meta

Nah, Nintendo actually makes fun stuff and tries something other than pumping a bunch of steroids into thier consoles.

where would I get an unbias answer for this question?

Not here

>people liked something I didn’t, that proves they are paid off

While brand recognition and always playing safe with bland unoffensive content help a lot, Disney definitely push reviewers using its huge media empire and connections. There's a reason why laws against the concentration of media existed before the neoliberal economy became a thing

Disney owns their asses

Uh huh, still waiting on proof

You sure told him. And let me guess, I'm a white supremacist for not liking TLJ despite I'm a cholo from South America

No you are just a stupid fucking cholo
What does what you said have to do with anything else that was said?

It means we're tired of your bullshit, shill. Also see and

Academy members have admitted that they often never even watch nominees for Best Animated and end up just picking the Disney film of the year or whatever their kids/grandkids liked.

And here we go, any disagreement can be discounted as a Shill or Fake News. No one could possibly disagree legitimaly. That would mean you might need evidence instead of just an opinion.

The defense around TLJ is too much. You're either willfully ignorant because your dad work at Disney or just a shill

This guy is right, though. Not everyone is paid off, some people just have shit opinions because they're downright retarded.

Speak for yourself. Last Jedi is one of my favourite Star Wars movies.

Still hurt Kaguya-hime and The Wind Rises lost against Disney bullshit. The Oscars are a joke but the Animation Oscar isn't even funny

Why do you people always think everybody should be in lockstep about whether a movie is bad/good

I hate opinion nazis

Yes, no, who gives a shit. Jesus Christ you couldn't make a worthwile thread if your life depended on it, could you.

Cause simply enjoying something you don’t isnt an option?

It's almost like a business that has had years of success and a shit ton of money to develop strategies, talent, and audience testing would ensure future success

DAE think Apple shouldn't really be that popular too?!?

Star wars bias is definitely a thing considering all the prequels have a certified fresh rating.

Nah.

It sounds fishy when all the media moved to defend a 200$ millions movie made by a huge corporation with a history of barely legal practices and skipping the law at its convenience, not including the LA Times fiasco. Liking a movie is cool but the movie business is a business and investors projected a recaudation of 1.9 billions at worst

The Pirates franchise is only around for the international market and the toys. Disney isn't that much invested. Probably Depp is attached for The Lone Ranger's fiasco and allegedelly Disney moving the press at his favor during the domestic abuse scandal.

Strangely I felt really positive about it coming out of the theatre, but upon reflection thought less and less of it. Now I dislike it, but can understand both liking it or straight up hating it.

>what average oscar voter thinks about animation

youtube.com/watch?v=Gk6jsoXPz-g

It's a miracle things like Anomalisa and Persepolis were even nominated to begin with. You can't make "cute", family-friendly interviews with the characters in those films.

>It's fun
Fuck off

You'll get shit on by Sup Forums for criticizing or not praising Disney too.

I don't. How can people like this shit?

>notice how not a single non-ghibli anime movie has ever been nominated

I think people are biased against Disney in a lot of cases. Everyone says it's Disneys fault the new star wars films have issues but I think they'd have serious issues regardless.

Nominations are picked by people who actually work in animation, the eventual award isn't.

>it's another "disney pays off the press" episode
why do people act like disney is the only big company that does things like this?

is it because disney is closer to becoming a AAA corp. than the others?

>Nah, Nintendo actually makes fun stuff and tries something other than pumping a bunch of steroids into thier consoles.

That makes no fucking sense. Disney fucking produced the films. It's on them. That's like saying Sony is not accountable for the bad Spider-man films, simply because they were bad in spite.

>Nominations are picked by people who actually work in animation
Were. The academy changed the rules and now its whole membership can pick the nominees.

> two generations of fandom that grew up on their brand
> Disney shit is still priceless treasure in their eyes today
nah, its all in your head m8
coudn't be brand recognition or anything
not like it has been the predominant driving force behind the utter shittification of the animation industry
kinda like the google of art