So, basing him on Zuckerburg was a flop, how else to you make Lex Luthor work in the modern era?

So, basing him on Zuckerburg was a flop, how else to you make Lex Luthor work in the modern era?

He already works for the modern era

Lex Luthor should be based on the short story Superman, this evil übermensch, and not a nerd.
Except if its a comedy than Brave and The Bold/Justice League Action's Lex Luthor is very good.

I’ll base him on righteous chad Donald Trump, and have him be the underdog fighting the privileged aliens and the entrenched media elites.

SuperLex worked well enough.

They should have put Strong on Luthor instead of Sivana

Forgot pic

A symptom of corporate feudalism who doesn't actually do anything wrong. Just an asshole playing the system who comes off as particularly evil but isn't any worse than all the other faceless assholes fucking everything up.

or even let him play Sinestro again.

He's literally the easiest DC character to adapt and they still have to fuck it up.

The quirky mannerisms didn't work, or at least they should have shown the mannerisms are an act for the public, but his actual plotting and scheming was pure Luthor. Steve Jobs would have been a better choice of inspiration.

None of his movie appearances have been faithful adaptations.

Which is why they’ve all been shit. The DCAU Lex was the GOAT adaption of Lex, but fucking Smallville had a more accurate Lex than Snyder’s abomination.

Come on guys, Jesse played an AMAZING Riddler in Batman vs Superman.

They just called him Lex Luthor by accident. For fuck knows why.

This is true. If they had made him Riddler there'd still be a little bitching about his portrayal because there always is but it'd be a million times more well received.

Heath Ledger also portrayed the Riddler in The Dark Knight.

I absolutely loved Eisenlex, to be honest. He was different, sure, but he was also really effective for what he was. His portayal of a mentally unhinged megalomaniac was spot on. A bit of Mark Zuckerberg, a bit of Max Landis, even a bit of Milo Yiannopoulos... fucking perfect.

Zuckerlex would have worked if he wasn't such a spaz.

They could try something new and base him on Lex Luthor...

No one in particular, let him be his own character. BUT if I had to pick -- Alex Epstein. He's a guy who never seemed to get his own hands dirty but used dirty tatics to black mail powerful people into giving him more money and power.

....Donald Trump

I like the way you think user! Made me laugh.

>WB execs: NO NO NO! That could never work! We might have to have the people making these movies actually read our comics our something.

^THIS

Found the commie

yet Lex has already been President

They should make him President again, it was a great idea that didn’t get a lot of use.

Got it in one.

I thought he was already in the modern era.