Disney

Planes 3, what a surprise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHURiOqMVTI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do the Planes toys sell well or something?
or is it cheep to make??
i dont get why it has a 3rd film

There was a Planes 2?

The Lion King?

>Mary Poppins Returns
I... What? why? who asked for a sequel? Why make a sequel like 40 years later when there has been no uptic in interest or popularity?

its a "live action" remake

Live action remake. Speaking of the live action remakes, is anyone looking forward to Tim Burton's Dumbo with Danny DeVito and Michael Keaton?
So Disney can keep the film rights. Same reason Warner Brothers made "Tom & Jerry In Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory" last year.

youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

like hell i am

>is anyone looking forward to Tim Burton's Dumbo with Danny DeVito and Michael Keaton?
>with Danny DeVito
Now I am.

9 marvel studios movies!
I want this to stop.

Does anyone even care enough to use characters that enter public domain? I can't think of a single character that is in public domain that actually got used by movie makers from a company that didn't originally write it or purchase the rights to the name.

I am looking forward to Dumbo for the elephant parade hallucination scene if only because Tim Burton is going to be directing it. Imagine how much more creepier it'll be.

>Tim Burton’s Dumbo

How fucking stu-

>Danny DeVito
Yeah okay I’m in.

>Avengers untitled
My favourite

All the monsters like Dracula and Frankenstein are being used constantly

Wait, doesn't MGM own them?

>untitled Han solo film
>movie comes out in may
>no trailer
>director left mid-production
>Han's actor need a coach at all times.

This is going to be a dumpster fire, isn't it.

>Gigantic cancelled
Why do you think that was? What's replacing it?

Wreck it Ralph 2. then we get Frozen 2, then some another princess movie iirc.

Nobody owns Dracula and Frankenstein. And you're probably thinking of Universal.

>that poorly shopped in Planes 2

i did it on purpose.

>live action lion king in 2019

I hope James Earl Jones can live to that long.

>Reminder that Hans Zimmer has to coincide with Beyonce of all people on the soundtrack

Ready for YAAAAAAAS QUEEN?

>app games movie
So a 90 minutes comercial?

name one modern Disney film that isn't a 90 minute commercial

Toys

Coco is the only one up there that's not a remake, sequel, or based on existing IP.

What happened to Disney?

they ran out of companies to buy.

yes and it will be glorious

Yeah, Sherlock Holmes didn't have a both a succesful TV show and 2 succesful movies in the last 10 years or anything.

Sherlock Holmes

You say that like basing movies on existing IPs hasn't been their main business model forever.

>Solo movie still doesn't even have a fucking title
Holy shit

>Mulan remake

DISNEY I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU RUIN BEST GIRL

they made a industrial film complex that need to be constantly churning out movies year round or else the entire thing just loses money

Those were announced before Gigantic.

Mulan remake without Li Shang and the songs btw.

and with szechuan sauce

>1 out of 21 films is based on an original IP
When will Disney go bust, Sup Forums?

Emperor's New Groove remake when

you cant fix perfection

I can't wait for them to make her into a powerful mary sue who kicks all the boys ass flawlessly. She'll be able to climb the pole with the weights tied to her teeth.

Isn't it just called Solo: A Star Wars Film?

Plus the Super Bowl is coming up so they'll probably drop the trailer for it during that.

I just find this to be so depressing. Disney used to create incredibly well animated 2D films that set the standard for an entire industry and now just churn out sequels to franchises they bought, heretical live action remakes of their 2D films and occasionally a 3D animated film that has a 50% chance of being a sequel.

I guess we at least got Zootopia out of it.

>only one (1) completely original movie on the list
how long can the sequel/remake/reboot/remaster/adaptation/prequel train go before it runs out of fuel

>The Lion King

I can understand Disney's boner for remakes, but at the very least their previous remakes had human actors. How will a "live action" Lion King which is all CG actually change anything?

Like, if they want to remake another Disney film, do Little Mermaid or Hunchback or Hercules. Hell, even Aristrocats would feel more interesting.

i liked the original more.

The original Zootopia? As in the "dark" one?

>Coco is the only original property on there
JUST

i'm hoping for a sequel.

What is "Wrinkle in time"? I really dont know.

Coco was made by Pixar, a company they bought.

Disney is a studio that ONLY makes tent pole films:
thus these two are correct: ; - Disney entire current structure is to make BIG tent pole films. SO if one flops or doesn't do well, it will be a biggish problem for them, and unlike WB or Sony Columbia, they don't even try to make anything smaller.

They might change this once they own Fox, if they continue to allow Fox to do kinda what they want, since Fox takes more risks on non-tent pole type films. And especially so since Fox 2000 actually makes money (just not a lot in comparison to what one Buena Vista/Disney film can pull) and more significantly wins awards, praise and nominations.

An adaption of a popular genre (Sci-Fi/Fantasy) kids book.

Oh ok.

Will Mary Poppins have Julie Andrews? or is she too old

will Incredibles 2 be good?

No, I didn't even really like the first one. It was good and all, but not that good.

The Jungle Book had one human actor in it.

If Disney were creative, they'd have the remake be a live-action, on-location recreation of the stage musical.

no but i really want it to be

Zootopia is seriously one of the best animated films in the last twenty years.

I was hoping the announcement would have followed Gigantic getting the axe but maybe not. Maybe there's less of a chance of it happening now that Lasseter is out, not that he's essential to the creative process anymore, but that he's an executive who would vouch for a sequel.

The only impressive thing about Disney's films 2D and CGI alike is the budget that permits them to be look nice. Everything else about their films screams Pro-Female garbage which ties into Liberal/Democrat/Leftist undertones. I fucking hate Disney. If you have a cock & balls, then Disney has nothing for you. Unless you're a simp/cuck/beta male who desperately wants female validation and likes to believe women are like how Disney presents, idealized and shit like that.

I honestly wish something very tragic would happen to this corporation. Like maybe many different countries big and small boycotting the damn thing.

this

Unironically looking forward to Captain Marvel.
I think with how popular new Ms Marvel has been we could see a Kamala Khan live-action in the next batch or two.

but they promised it in the special features, they really want to go back to the city.

CONFIRMED COMEBACK /OUR GUY/

I hope frozen 2 doesn't do as well just so disney makes new things and not sequels forever.

Gigantic #2024

Change the script, change the personalities, characters. I don't care. Just make it happen

just flip the characters, like they did with zootopia

Exactly. Make Jack an adventurous young lad and Inma a mature woman who lost her son to the evil giants.

Then the my little man song will be 10X sadder because it'll be about a mother remembering her death son and sobbing. Then Jack becomes her adopted son.

It would make more sense if the motherly character was more protective over her son.

it had some amazing scenes i cant bieleve people actually wanted to put into ANY movie

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHURiOqMVTI

I'd actually watch something based on the original Kingdom of the Sun concept.

That'd be even bigger fetish bait then the version they canned.

whats the point of black panther? nothing in it can alter what's going to happen in infinity wars 1/2, and we know whatever is going to happen in it will be resolved because black panther and his nation are fighting against thanos

I know they're just gonna use another actor, but having an older Mary Poppins would make for a good story.

diversity points.

Wrinkle in time was a good book, but they are really going to need to break the budget if they want to actually capture what a child would imagine when reading the book. Otherwise its just going to be Good-Mediocre.

Brad Bird is still attached to the film, you pessimistic white faggots. He won't let his baby get ruined.

jesus christ how frightening
>it's real
JESUS CHRIST

good or not, it's too late.

Then stop whining, peckerwood.

Wizard of Oz had a crappy animated film a some years ago.

I liked Planes 2.

Dumbo is being remade? For what purpose?
I loved Dumbo though. But that's kind of the thing. The movie has aged well. I don't see what purpose a new one would have.

How so? It'd be totally cute and adorable.

Jack lost his mom

Adult inma lost her son.

It'd be the cutest film since forever.

>>I don't have a mom

>>I'll be your mommy

It'll be cute! CUTE!

>For what purpose?

Just re-run the old movies in the theatre. I am sure people would go and theatres would pay for it yet again.
And you wouldn't have to spend hundreds of million remaking them.

I think its a copyright thing too
But i would love it if they re-released their old films
Ive always wanted to watch Snow White on the big screen

Wrinkle in Time is blacked. They have the woman who directed Selma directing it. The family is half-black living in California rather than New England.

In the Times article, they said that one moment they modernized was the figures listed that fought off the darkness on Earth. Now instead of saying Jesus & Marie Curie, they say Jay-Z & Justin Bieber.

What, they couldn't make their dumb changes into a Disney in-joke and say "Michael Jackson"?

They did & people didn't. The Lion King's re-release was successful, but Beauty and the Beast flopped despite having the Tangled short in front of it that they cancelled all future re-releases (The Little Mermaid was scheduled later).

>Planes cost 50 million to make
>Earned 260 million at BO
Yeah no duh they're gonna make a bunch more of those.

Are you stupid? Disney was built by using public domain and to this day tons of shit comes from it, especially Shakespeare stuff or Wizard of Oz.

Most likely they didnt have a script just a concept and it just hot buried by all the stuff ready to go.

They will hopefully go closer to her original story, which probably would make her a mary sue like numnuts fears.

>all sequels, remakes, and capeshit

>Toy Story 4
F...for what purpose?

Yeah, but on Sup Forums we will have maybe a day of everyone loving it then it will be "ruined my childhood " status

Shits and giggles?

Its like shen you go somewhere with free booze, you just want to see how fucked up you can get begore someone makes you stop.