Paperinik New Adventures / PKNA / Duck Avenger Storytime

We're starting from the top with #0 - Evronians! Get in here while the getting's good!

Other urls found in this thread:

bankingtheduck.blogspot.com/p/download-links.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuckin' nice.
love how 90's this feels!

Great, thank OP.

Hey, any day I can share Duck Avenger is a good one.

yeeeahhhhhhhhhh

So do we not get an explanation as to why Donald has become a superhero?

This was made for Italy: Italian readers were supposed to know

The mask and cape bit was pre-existing, having been introduced in other comics many years before this. Just one of the many occupations Donald has fallen into over the years. This comic upgrades him from muggers and purse-snatchers to handling major threats. Like going from Iron Fist to Iron Man.

He ha been a superhero long ago, the Paperinik perona has been around ince the 60´s.

He's been a superhero for quite a while in Italy, believe it or not.

Also, I hope my computer doesn't crash again during this storytime.

Id this the idw or fan translation?

These are the fan scans.

Long Story short, Donald got tired of Scrooge and Gladstone shitting on him and after getting some gadgets from a mansion he'd won decides to ruin their shit.
after a couple of runs of this the people in charge realized that making Donald a villain wasn't a great idea and shifted his focus from petty revenge to actual crime fighting

Oh nice.
How about you storytime the first DoubleDuck episode afterwards?
Would be fitting considering its the same universe and basically Donalds other "big" alternative role.

I don't have a complete collection of DoubleDuck, sadly.

I have no Idea what this aesthetic even is.\ or what it would be called. It's like a bizzarre seussian cyberpunk

>making Donald a villain wasn't a great idea
it was an AWESOME idea... but higher-ups asked to make him more of a hero because DISNEY and all.

Then, in this, he helps murdering infants and genocide

Yeah, even the place I found that you can download the scanlations only has double duck from #5 onward

he was more an anti-hero than a villain.

You can see the Boom! version published on Donald Duck and Friends.

earliest stories he was a villain, so villainous he faked being a hero.

Have those been scanned?

I might just do PKNA for now, but would anyone be interested if I posted some Mickey Mouse stories on here? I have the English version of the Saga of the Ice Sword and it's sequels.

I wouldn't mind it.

I'll be in later to check this out. I like ducks and I like cosmic capes,mso this looks like my kind of thing. Is it avalable in print in burgerland?

can see yourself

First comic I've ever read.Have a bump OP

IDW did official translations of the first few issues, but they're on hiatus. I think. Or cancelled.

I'll take the bump with pride.

on yuki.la

It's so weird for an eurotard to see people not knowing the full lore of Donald Duck comics.

Issues 0-5.
Sadly disney pulled the plug on it and tried to wipe out all the Scanlations because the mouse fucking hates us enjoying things
if you want to download the Duck thread this story time was set in motion by has a link with a ton of them

Blame disney for not bringing them over

For those interested, the scans can be found here.

bankingtheduck.blogspot.com/p/download-links.html

Well fuck

The banker is indeed missing the first few stories and while i do have them as scans, they are all in german.

Good thing the DoubleDuck storytime archive was posted in here. I'll just take that, copy it, and save it for my collection.

>storytiming the scanlation
For what purpose?
The official translation of 0-3, plus extras I haven't seen before, was ripped last week.

Enjoyment purposes. Might make it a weekly thing to post issues of PKNA and it's continuations.

the official translation isn't the best ever... and what were the extra?

Well the scanlations aren't exactly topnotch either from what I remember. Spelling/cleaning/scanning errors here and there, etc.
I'm assuming official digitals are better quality than that.

I just flicked through a couple of the extras pages and saw one with a bungee jumping evronian, which I don't remember. I'll admit it's been a while since I read PKNA so I might just be talking out of my ass regarding actually "new" stuff.

>>I just flicked through a couple of the extras pages and saw one with a bungee jumping evronian, which I don't remember.
ah, they should be the extras from the most recent reprint.

Still sad nobody ever translated the editorials and mail pages.