Why would anyone EVER buy floppy single issues when you can buy nice HARD fully complete story arcs in Collected...

Why would anyone EVER buy floppy single issues when you can buy nice HARD fully complete story arcs in Collected Edition format for a better price?

Id buy her floppy titties.

Why not both?

I guess it's a custom america got from its old comics, which were mostly episodic.

Now they work by arc, and often an issue doesn't feel complete. It's even worse when it's made to drag the narrative like Bendis did with X-Men.

But overall, it would probably better to switch to a new model where we buy trades directly.

I treat it as a form of patronage for titles I really enjoy. I give away the floppies to get other people interested and keep the collections for myself.

Some people get neither, god dammit.

Some times you just can't wait to see what happens. Sometimes the complete story is shit and you just wan't the one issue where something interesting happens. It's a good way to show you're interested in a book.

This isn't the first time I see her posted here.

Now I know you people.
Is her content good, or are you just doing it for the tits?

Because as superior as collections are, single issues are what a series' longevity and tenure are judged by. It's a shitty system, but for the moment it's all we got.

This. I would totally buy the single issues if they told complete stories. But they feel like buying 1/6th of a movie. It's just stupid unless you collect comics for completely different reasons like treating the variant covers like giant trading cards. I'm not that autistic man. Even the collected editions include a variant cover gallery in the back with bonus content.

I don't know who she is, but she's holding Descender, so at least she has good taste.

>floppy
>HARD
>better

you knew what you were doing

now, please, who is she?

The experience of going to the comic store weekly and picking up a stack on new issues is far better than getting trades in the mail.

Unfortunately it's way too expensive to keep up.

>pleb taste
>annoying voice
What do you think?

Because "keep muh traditional LCS nostalgia alive" meme.

Filename.

YouTube Schitzo-Cookie

She's great If you fap while she talks

Because publishers look more at floppy sales then trade sales due to Diamond faggotry. A lot of times a book will be canned because of this. And because sometimes things don't get collected into trades or said trades fuck up somehow

My dick ain't floppy when I see her floppies.

Some books don't make it past a very small number of issues and/or don't get collected editions.

That's pretty rare nowadays, unless it's some super obscure book.

America? Don't the comics of every country have comics that come out in issues?

I like wasting money faggot you got a problem with that?

This. I buy both trades and floppies.

Deal with it.

Only when the collected edition is out of print.

Beats me. I used to do it all the time. Now, hiwever,mwe live n the golden age of reprints and I love the big ass omnis of old comics.

people collect comic books, they don't fucking read them moron, trades are just worthless reprints for casuals.

Single issues are the out first. Not every comic gets collected.

Not manga. They're released in massive anthology magazines, in black and white, with very cheap paper made by artists working for slave pay, so for about 3 bucks you get 200 pages of various comics. Several chapters (= issue) of a series then released in a 200 page tankoubon format on better paper for about 6 bucks.

I just download my comics for free from my fucking tablet.

Their magazine format is like if all the dc or marvel ongoings were released in a big dc magazine i would love this but our comix hav color expensiv

You get a similar thing with Franco-Belgian comics like Asterix, Tintin or Valerian in that they're self-contained stories released in a book format.
For the Brits 2000 AD was released with issue numbers, but the likes of the Beano and Dandy never bothered with that.