Disney Parks Thread

How hard could it possibly be to fucking fix the yeti already?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6G9rdoKSs8U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's literally built into the foundation of the mountain. They would have to tear down half the mountain to get in and fix the problem.

>Disneyland's Tomorrowland is being completely replaced by Star Wars
I've never been to a Disney park in my life. I've always wanted a chance to one day see the park Walt made. But by the time I get there, it'll be overhauled with shit Disney bought out because they have no integrity and don't understand that they make too much money to ever have to take the most profitable route for every decision.

>>Disneyland's Tomorrowland is being completely replaced by Star Wars
Says who?
You know that Star Wars Land is a completely separate part of the park, right?

I assume the person who told me "Tomorrowland is being 100% replaced by Star Wars" had some sort of legitimate source.

Why on earth did they thought it was a good idea to make it a permanent fixture?

Galaxies Edge is an addition, not a replacement

Really? I was there just last week and they were replacing the animation stuff with Star Wars in Hollywood Studios. The end of the night fire works were even replaced with a Star Wars show and all throughout the day there was a live showing of characters in front of the Chinese Theater replica and sometimes a parade of Death Troopers followed by Vader then Phasma and Kylo Ren with a squad of FO troopers. Hell, there was even little patrols of Stormtroopers walking around and stopping random people because they "look suspicious" or to verify their identity. It was also the only park with dedicated Star Wars shops.

Because Expedition Everest is the flagship ride of the Animal Kingdom

So I’m a little confused on why they can’t fix the yeti but how far is what we have to how it’s supposed to move?

If I remember right you can only see the silhouette, but I didn't ride it the last time I had the opportunity to go.

>tfw you can get star wars merch at ak
THEMING

"You see, the Imagineers designed Expedition Everest as three separate and independent structures. First, the mountain itself. Second, the roller coaster track and track supports. Third, the foundation, support beams, and animatronic skeleton of the Yeti itself. Construction of all three structures was so complex that Disney had to rely upon a 4D software modeling program known as ConstructSim (a product of Bentley Systems, Inc) to help them coordinate the complex construction timeframe and coordination schedules.

There are rumors that a serious mistake in the application of ConstructSim resulted in improper staging of the Yeti foundation and support structure construction. The error in sequencing prevented adequate curing of a portion of the Yeti's foundation prior to the overlapping fabrication of mountain elements and roller coaster track. The premature construction produced additional stresses on the animatronic figure's foundation and produced excessive stress points. The mountain and roller coaster track construction, in turn, prevented the foundation from being visible to construction inspectors."

You could that shit at every park. But at Hollywood Studios it was something else. They were selling Light sabers at the merch carts that "cast members" were pushing around.

It used to violently thrash around and swing it's arm at you but now it sits completely still with flashing lights

You might as well be talking about my penis

I meant the yeti. I watched a short video on it and now understand why. It's no ordinary animatronic.

youtube.com/watch?v=6G9rdoKSs8U

you see it for a damn split second as you tear under it as a strobe flashes though. How would anyone notice?

Trust me, it's a noticeable difference if you have ridden it both ways.

It doesn't help that Disney was flaunting the thing all over the place. It was a big deal how huge it was at the time so they marketed it a such, only to have it stop working shortly after

it's bc hollywood studios has star tours dude