Would a Cuphead cartoon work? imho, the appeal of the game was the fact it was a *video game* based on 2D cartoons...

Would a Cuphead cartoon work? imho, the appeal of the game was the fact it was a *video game* based on 2D cartoons. A cartoon that's true to the game would just be a bunch of old tropes played straight, so I don't see how it would work.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jA0WNCF_z48
youtube.com/watch?v=RmGb-jU3uVQ&t=1405s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=jA0WNCF_z48

I'd be up for a few animated shorts about Cuphead and his pal Mugman collecting from the various debtors. Maybe a movie.

The videogame was a gimmicky fad, and the amount of time it takes to make a cartoon from it would be too late for relevancy to an audience.

Who says they need to play tropes straight?

Well it already has a shitty cancerous fanbase filled with little kids and autistic manchildren so probably it would work as cartoon if done right.

this game is morally weird cuz the bosses don't seem like bad guys they just kind of act in self-defense

Your reply.

What is it about Cuphead that doesn't make me seethe with rage when I see it and its success unlike other indie games?

I think it could work, Cuphead manages to play and subvert some of the tropes from 30s cartoons already, so I'd say a cartoon would be a good idea, Cuphead and Mugman aren't necessarily good, the debtors are willing to kill for the sake of not paying and the devil is the devil, I'd love to watch a cartoon where a bunch of assholes just screw each other out of their responsibilities.

Cuphead and Mugman end up burning the contracts so they did them all a favor, anyway.

Good art and animation?
Solid mechanics?
Inspired by something other than anime or navel-gazing narcissism?
Effort in general?

Autism and shit taste

Didnt they kill them though

Nah didnt you beat the game?

D-don't judge me just because I can't beat videogames.

It's okay buddy, you'll get there eventually. I believe in you.

I didn't beat the game but i think they just beat them severely until they hand over their contract

The team behind it isn't up their own ass?

The amount of actual effort and care put into the game?

The animation it so fucking good

>One of the animator used some crush fetish videos as reference for King Dice's animation

youtube.com/watch?v=RmGb-jU3uVQ&t=1405s

According to some old trailer, they just beat boss to a point they give up and hand the contract

>imho, the appeal of the game was the fact it was a *video game* based on 2D cartoons

Exactly, making a Cuphead cartoon would be a hat on a hat.