Sonic Boom Season 3

Hey Sup Forums, insider here. Thought you'd all be interested to know the state of the Boom TV show.

SEGA higher-ups were ready to pull the plug on the show after season 2 (and on the entire Boom subfranchise, actually, the games and merch aren't selling) but they've been blindsided by the sudden increase in support and exposure it's gotten towards the end of its run and at the moment are rushing to find a way to capitalise on it.

There's no contract for season 3 with Cartoon Network as of yet, and the original writers' team has largely disbanded, but we're in talks with licensees to try and secure a distribution platform/funding for a third season. Likely candidates at the moment are Hulu and Discovery Family, but the suits aren't happy with the way CN fucked with the scheduling during season 2 so I doubt it'll be them again.

Either way, don't expect to hear anything official about it until well into the year, but just know talks are happening.

TL;DR SEGA have next to no clue how to respond to the sudden uptick in support (thanks a lot for that, by the way) but they're working on securing a deal with distributors. Hang in there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6VU0NA8M2fM
youtube.com/watch?v=qf_Y_HOSDZA
youtube.com/watch?v=M4TbV2kgG0Y
tssznews.com/2017/01/14/a-sonic-boom-storyboard-artist-may-have-confirmed-season-3/
twitter.com/BillFreiberger/status/906642334061694977
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't toy with my heart like this.

Yeah, and I'm sure we're getting that Sonic Heroes HD remake later this year too, right?

>Writers have largely disbanded
>They are only considering s3 because of social media popularity
Okay chums, get ready for Ugandan Knuckles to make a HILARIOUS cameo in season 3, as he references trump's twitter account and grumpy cat

>the original writers' team has largely disbanded

It's one of my favorite cartoon shows of all time. I'll gladly wait another couple of years for the next season. If you know anyone at Sega let them know that. This show is Spongebob levels of comedic gold.

Another way you could change it up is have it not just be about Sonic Boom, and about the franchise itself with the same characters and humor. You could include more of the classic characters and have even more interesting episodes. They just have to get back those original writers though, that's what made it work.

>This show is Spongebob levels of comedic gold.
I like this show too, but you might be going a little overboard there. The writing is very hit or miss.

Big if true

I hope s3 come out in the spring early I can't wait to see amy again.

Amy is top-tier Sonic waifu,

It may not be Spongebob tier, but it's honestly the closest we've ever gotten for a good while now. It's rare to find an animated show that appeals to all ages these days, and the Sonic Boom crew has done an excellent job doing so.

This. Some of the meta humour in Boom is Animaniacs tier.

I would definitely like season 3! Only for Shadow, though :)

Surprised SJWs never got their hands on this. 'REEEEEE SINGLING OUT ONLY FEMALE CHARACTER.'

But both Sticks and Amy are females.

Except in the video game Sticks is a useless NPC who doesn't interact with you in any meaningful way and who ignores you once she sets you a single sidequest.

>YOU'RE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO ALL HEDGEHOG KIND, AND FOR THAT YOU WILL PAY

I died laughing, it's just so ridiculous.

I don't think even SJWs can care about the Sonic Boom games.

Sticks is an important part in Fire and Ice if I recall, and she's one of the main characters in the TV show.

The actual line is even better.

(referring to a crappy CD rack Sonic built) 'YOUR SHODDY CRAFTSMANSHIP BRINGS SHAME ON ALL HEDGEHOG-KIND. AND FOR THAT, YOU SHALL PERISH.'

Even if they have all of those pre-made assets that would make it relatively easy to get a season 3 going, seems like it would be better for them to plan out a cartoon with the proper Sonic designs and get the the writers back for that if they care so much about the dialogue getting passed around on social media. I would shed a tear for Eggman's inter-dimensional changeling surfer dude brother, and move on.

Amy's not female. She's-a crazy pizza man, who juggles and sings.

Shes playable in the two 3DS games. Shes only an NPC in Rise of Lyric, and that's because Sticks was made for the show and Lyric was being worked on well before.

I want to believe you're telling the truth...but I don't want to get hurt again..

And just like that I'm ok with the ending we got.

what other memes has this show used?

This plus the fact that Boom's showrunner has already moved on to another project just makes me wish the show stays dead at this point.

We had a good thing while it was going, and now it's over. We don't need a potentially shitty, mediocre season to tarnish what we already had.

Chris-chan misery episode.

...So you're calling it bad?

is this fucking real

That's pretty good

>writers team disbanded
>showrunner on something else
let it stay dead
maybe bring back sticks

Sticks was in one of the recent M&S Olympic games, so she's now on the same level as most other Sonic side-characters. That is, she'll likely only show up in spinoff games from now on.

No. Stop. Sonic Boom has only received support because the writing was televised shitposting. Cancel Sonic Boom, make a regular Sonic show with the same tone. Seriously. The worst thing about Sonic Boom is the fact the designs are so abysmal.

Now SEGA is going to get more involved and ruin everything good about it.

>make a regular Sonic show with the same tone
They should make one based on the classic and adventure games instead.

Sonic Boom worked because it created an AU where the writers could freely create a status quo that allowed for all the character interactions and joke setups that we enjoyed so much.

They don’t need to completely reboot the brand in order to fix the character design issues.

Do you know the way wit hboom Knuckles

Chris-chan on suicide watch

This exists, it's called Sonic X.

>she is now the princess daisy of Sonic
Fuck

Sonic X is only based on the Adventure games and mostly original stuff. Which is pretty good. One starting from the classics and not adding things like another dimensions for humans and stuff like that would be nice though.

What I really want is a DVD release.

Part of me would be happy that there could be a third season, but part of me feels
Fortunately the show had a very solid run. Despite 2 seasons, it had 104 segments.

>mfw am Britbong and the entire first season was released on DVD here

>buffkles
>abysmal design

Then what is the point? If we got a season 3it will be a empty shell of the show

Did anyone notice the huts in Sonic Boom look a lot like the ones in Donkey Kong?

You mean Sticks

I need help. A fictional character make me happy like some schoolboy with a crush. I only post so you people can remind me how wrong this feeling is, and maybe it'll go away.

It'll never go away, we're stuck like this
It's probably because of those bedroom eyes

youtube.com/watch?v=6VU0NA8M2fM
youtube.com/watch?v=qf_Y_HOSDZA
youtube.com/watch?v=M4TbV2kgG0Y

This show was probably the most consistently funny cartoon we've had in years. Of course, this only guaranteed its eventual demise.

Its fun how they save him just for season finales and just amp up his edge to comedic levels

If Season 3 happened and they did a "Vector" sorta episode where another sonic char gets tossed into Boom who would you want to see and what would their personality / gimmick be?

I wouldn't mind Silver showing up and breaking the fourth wall slightly with knowledge of the future

ROUGE

OP is probably a troll, but there are two instances that suggest there might actually be a season 3.

1. Storyboard artist Clemence Liberge said that there will be a third season. However, this hasn't been authenticated.
tssznews.com/2017/01/14/a-sonic-boom-storyboard-artist-may-have-confirmed-season-3/

2. When Bill Freiberger left the show, he seemed to imply that the show would continue past season 2.
twitter.com/BillFreiberger/status/906642334061694977

>You'll never play a game of soccer with Sticks and pick on her after you handily beat her.

>You'll never have her glomp you, filled with much sexual frustration.

>You'll never fall in love in a sporadic, life-binding event.

>You'll never bring sticks a freshly caught raw fish you caught after your trip to the ocean. The fish dangling from a spear that you've made yourself.

>You'll never toss the soccer ball up and down as you two chill out watching shitty B-Movies.

>You'll never cuddle with Sticks in her hammock after a long night of crap movies, fish and video games, video games you worked your ass off to install in her hovel.

>You'll never watch Alex Jones episodes and meme clips online with Sticks after she refuses to go to bed because of her paranoia setting in.

>You'll never fall asleep with Sticks resting on top of you, with the tinfoil hats she made protecting you from ETs, the Deep State and bad Late Night comedy show broadcasts.

How the fuck can we possibly survive without this cutie in our lives? Hold me.

>her clothes are just bandages holding her boobs in place
>barely

yes she is

She probably fucks like an animal in heat. Might not even let you leave the room until she's fully satisfied.

God you're pathetic. so am I

We're all trash in a World full of trash and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Silver should show up to stop Silver from preventing Silver to change the timeline because doing so has Silver go back in time to stop Silver, which gives Sonic a headache and just kicks them all out.

Now, that doesn't mean you shouldn't try in an attempt to drive her up the wall. Emotional Dependency 101.

ty

Amy would be down for a rebound fuck after that.

Boom did a really good job of keeping true to the character and being really funny

Ooo Son-Amy spicy!

Honestly this I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a cartoon as much as Boom when the writing picked up.

only Sega and Sonic can make jokes and references to itself and still have it be funny.

This. The only great part of the show was always the writing.

>People have been complaining I don't guard enough rare stones

>but the suits aren't happy with the way CN fucked with the scheduling during season 2

Serious question here, does TTG seriously make CN that much money that they can burn Bridges like they do?
I swear to God so many shows have died or are on their way to dying because they straight give every show that isn't Teen Titans the death schedule and pull the plug when nobody watches them.
Why? What is the fucking point? It wastes everyone's time. Stop greenlighting other shows if you are just going to shaft them 2 months later

Obviously it does since it brings in the most numbers because its being played all the time.

But this can't seriously be a long term strategy. Has it worked before with no lasting consequences? Eventually people will tire of TTG. SO who is going to work with them after CN hard shafted their shows to garbage slots?

No thanks, let it die as a cult classic. reddit found out about the show so the writers do just try to pander those faggots

Amy is not a wife, amy is cute imouto

CN messed up Sonic Boom Schedule due to the obivous Teen Titan GO filling up 95% of the slot.Even if this show goes to Boomerang or Toonami, there is no way Sonic Boom TV Show can gain back the loss SEGA had with their lacklustre game.

What SEGA needs to do is to continue the game spin off as a more comedic focus like the show. Maybe make it more like a traditional Sonic game with ring collection and platforming. Avoid something like the avatar stage in Sonic Forces. More akin to Sonic Advance 3 playability

>Avoid something like the avatar stage in Sonic Forces.

Well, look lets not get rash now. I actually kinda enjoy some of those avatar stages. It certainly wasn't the worst thing about the game.

>season 3
Please give me it

I did think it was weird they made new Sonic boom merch