And the Oscar goes to

And the Oscar goes to..

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/awards/no-one-expected-boss-baby-get-oscar-nomination-156131.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Test

coco already won.

I mean coco is gonna get it hands down

But if coco weren't in the running, thats a scary proposition

>tfw we're never going to see a nomination list like this again

>My train station airs Shaun The Sheep shorts
Feels good

Avard shows are cancer.

Every year we get foreign artsy nominations as filler since Disney doesn't release enough movies to fill all of them alone.

We'll see lists like this again pretty often.

>inside out
>won

it's only slightly better than Brave

Congrats for them making a baby that has a punchable face.

I knew Lego Batman would get snubbed, but it still hurts.

The people deciding the winner have proven just how little they give a shot about animated movies.
Why do any of you care what they think beyond getting to shitpost about it?

Deserve it. Really loved the movie.

The Boss Baby being a nominee but, not Kimi no Na wa means we will all get the 2018 that we deserve.

Foreign movies only get nominated to act as filler when there are no other high budget and/or popular domestic movies.

Stop giving a shit about the Oscars regarding animation.

what's that chinese fuckin' thing

The Oscars are a colossal joke anyway; it's just a bunch of disgusting snobs acting high and mighty distributing awards to their friends for movies they probably didn't even see.

Seems like someone’s jealous

Shaun the Sheep.

Are you saying academy awards aren't ridiculous industry circle-jerks?

From this post alone I can see you as the type of faggot who obesses over celebrities and their personal lives.

cartoonbrew.com/awards/no-one-expected-boss-baby-get-oscar-nomination-156131.html

>In This Corner lost to Boss Baby
Hold me Sup Forums

Oh poo poo

Anomalisa is so odd with those other movies, probably one of the most melancholy films ever made. I absolutely adore it but it is just so at ends with everything else in the category.

T H I C C

Who exactly is in the academy?

1. Fuck off weeb, Your Name wasn’t even that good.

2. It had a limited run in 2016 to be eligible for that year’s Oscars... and didn’t get the nomination.

Cry more weeb

I think they should just give foreign animated films their own category, just like they do with live-action foreign films.

They don't care enough about animation to do that.

>anything but Disney winning
these faggots just vote for whatever trash got their kids to stay quiet for 90 minutes

>Your Name wasn’t even that good
it was a far cry better than most of the shit that got nominated

Tweeted by Captain Underpants's director

Didn't Inside Out win? What a joke.

Ferdinand getting a nomination is honestly more offensive and shocking.

Anomalisa is so depressing it made me willingly go to /r9k/. I can see why it didn’t win, but I’m still a little mad.

We only ever got the independent or artsy films when it was the animation branch picking the nominees. Now that it’s the whole academy, those days are over.

A bunch of people who work in Hollywood, most of which got in through some form of nepotism.

>Boss Baby
>Ferdinand
But no Nut Job 2. This is bullshit. #NoNutsNoJustice

they have to have only one joke nomination and boss baby already took that reign.

People want Vincent but Coco will win. Why do people keep making this thread every year?

Yeah, I at least remember more people talking about Boss Baby even if it was more ofyen to shit on it. Ferdinand is more well known than chinese freakin things but I still didn’t think it was all that popular. Not popular enough for an oscar nomination at least.

It was never going to win with Inside Out being nominated (sadly because it was so much better than inside out) but at least it got nominated at all.

maybe if they would've showed Harold was a gay
it would've been nominated

that movie fucking Flopped

post yfw Boss Baby was nominated over Witch's Flower

We all know the Oscars don't give a shit about animation.

But WHY Boss Baby over Captain Underpants? Why would Dreamworks even submit Boss Baby for consideration over Captain Underpants?

I hope it wins

>t. Disney shills

Kek

>The Disaster Artist didn't get best lead actor.

>Feature Oscar goes to Coco
>Short Oscar goes to In a Heartbeat
I'm not even watching this predictable dumpster fire this year.

I didn't know the nominations came out. At least In a Heartbeat got BTFO.

But fucking Boss Baby and Ferdinand over Birdboy and Mary and the Witch's Flower?

>Boss Baby got nominated and Captain Underpants didn't
WHAT IS THIS FUCKING ATROCITY

>this is your Duke Nukem for tonight

That's always going to be the problem with a single category for the entire medium animation.

Boss Baby WILL get nominated, but I don;t know if it will win seeing as Coco already paid off some voters.

J U S T

>In a heartbeat

Where?

They didn't say it deserves to win you obsessed retard.

>People want Vincent
Most people here have not seen Vincent to begin with

LEGO Batman should be the winner. We all know this.

But why tho? What about Boss Baby screams Oscar bait? Why is this the dreamworks movie that gets nominated when they had a better one out?

Has anyone in this thread scene Boss Baby? It is a great movie and you should give it a chance.

Man the animated film nominations are a trip. It's either the one decent movie beats a bunch of literal garbage or the most mediocre one gets picked out of a lineup of GOATs

Disney always wins because no on voting actually gives a shit about animation, you fucking moron.

Did open up your eyes get a best song nomination?
That's the only thing I care about, I''m sick of danial ingram getting snubbed for awards. I haven't seen enough films this year to know if that song deserves the win but it does deserve the nomination.

Kek.

Bitch, it better be Loving Vincent

My understanding is it used to be both nominations and winners decided by animation people but then they made it so only nomiation was restricted to animation and everybody voted on the winner. Since when do nominations also come from outsiders?

Honestly, The Boss Baby wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. It wasn't amazing, but it was fun and cute.

BosS Baby deserves to win

It's really obviously gonna be Coco because Disney AND minority fetishism.

>I wish Disney/Pixar doesn't win this year's Oscar

It's not what you accomplish but who you suck.

Yeah I know but I can hope

People like to complain.

>people might actually root for the safe Disney flick to win just to keep the award out of the hands of abject trash
The whole slate bodes poorly for future nominations though.

Surprising this got in over the deaf girl anime.

This year and it shows.

>open up your eyes

I didn't know what this was, got a good laugh tho thanks user.

>The Boss Baby gets nominated
>not Mary and the Witch's Flower, In This Corner of the World, or A Silent Voice
And this is why I don't take the Oscars that seriously when it comes to animation.

Someone mind posting what got nominations for best over all movie?

>all weeb shit

Go back to

We can all agree this got nominated because of Alec Baldwin connections right?

Connections to what? He's never won an Oscar and every animated movie has big name celebs these days. Doesn't mean shit.

Turn this into a movie and not even the Academy will resist giving it the Oscar over safe Disney shit.

Would maus even be good outside of comic form?

>every animated movie has big name celebs these days
Loving Vincent, Coco and Ferdinand don't have a single big name celeb.

No.

>Implying that pseud Art Spiegelman deserves a movie

Shame. I could see where they were coming from letting everybody vote even if I disagree with it. but letting everybody nominate seems almost like a deliberate effort to put down the animation awards.

Forget Your Name, the fact that fucking Koe No Katachi didn't even get considered brings my blood to a boil.

No.