Bad movies don't deserve Oscar

KA LEL NO

I like Wonder Woman but there was nothing special about it. It was a good superhero movie. That's not oscar worthy.

WW was better than at least half the MCU, and how many MCU movies have been nominated for Oscars? Also, why the fuck does anyone still give a shit about the "Inter-Hollywood popularity awards?" You know, to be honest, I'm surprised WW DIDN'T get nominated because of Muh Strong Female who don't need no man.

Lmao, I know that there's going to be a meltdown.

So suicide squad can win an Oscar but wonder woman isn't even nominated.

Logan was nominated for adapted screenplay.

>WW was better than at least half the MCU
Don't get carried away, shill.

Thought it would at least get a nomination for something like Production Design, but with the other films out last year it never really had a shot at Best Picture.

>, and how many MCU movies have been nominated for Oscars?
Guardians 2 is currently running

Good. Doesn't deserve it

Wow, this level of autism.

>That's not oscar worthy.

We literally say this about the winners every single yeah

Nominated for best picture? No.

Do you really see a movie like Wonder Woman competes in middle of movies like: Baby Driver, Blade Runner 2049, Dunkirk, I, Tonya or The Shape Of Water?

Even in the visual effects category, it's obvious why GotG vol. 2 is there and WW is not. And you've got movies like Kong: Skull Island and War For The Planet Of The Apes which aren't very good either but still had good vfx..

you realise that the only thing it proves was that WB had a better for your consideration campaign than the other nominees, right?

they never bribe the judges directly, but they do treat them to free stays at the nicest hotels, meals at fine restaurants and gift baskets...

Wasnt that just costume design? WW is a good fun movie but it isnt best picture, especially with the Oscar crowd. It either needs to be about slavery or how shitty hollywood is

WW was lame in the only categories in which it could be nominated.
-Visual Effects
-Makeup and Hairstyling
-Costume Design
-Original score
-Original song
-Film Editing
-Adapted Screenplay

Dont forget going to their shitty schmuck parties

Best Picture is a massive stretch, costuming or sound design would be a more sensible thing to be pissed about.

Suicide Squad was pretentious artsy movie that was unfavored by plebeans. Those are meant for cinema awards.
WW is just a solid entertaining capeflick with zero artistic value.

you should see what that faggot mendleson on forbes said.

>Yes, it’s a comic book superhero movie, but that it’s a female-directed and female-led comic book superhero movie that is at least as good as most of the male-driven offerings

translated:

>those movies with men weren't good enough but this was maybe as good as thoughs and it had a woman. so it's worthy of an oscar nom.

Worth noting this is the same guy defending a $500million shortfall for TLJ and has been doing so since the week two drop, throwing his fellow forbes writer under the bus the entire time.

Blade Runner is the only snub of the year in my opinion. For Director and picture. I loved the goose but I understand why that role wouldn't woo academy members.

Half of MCU is mediocre shit and the other half is straight up trash so that's means nothing

This level of MCU dick sucking.

It was a barely competent corporate superhero movie that pandered to and manipulated baby-feminists but accomplished nothing new or groundbreaking beyond having a woman in the lead role of a superhero movie.

But yknow, YAAS QUEEN THIS IS HISTORYYYY LETS BUY ALL THE T-SHIRTS GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE

>robbed of a best picture nomination
>mfw capeshit is not regarded as kino

I fucking hate you.

Wow 1 out of how many now? And what for anyway? Im curious.

No you don't, I'm a really nice person, we would totally be best buddies irl maybe even fuck.

>Caring about the Oscars.

Why do people still do this? You'd think everyone would have learned by now.

It was make up. For Harley Quin’s hand-painted “smeared by the rain” makeup and croc’s waterproof makeup and prosthetics.

If gives people another reason to shit on movies they don't like.

To be fair, Croc did look pretty good in that film. Pretty much how Croc should look instead of the lizardman bullshit some adaptations pull.

t was a good movie, fuck off company wars fag

But user, don't you know WHOOOO did won an OSCAR?!?!

>throwing his fellow forbes writer
Isn't Forbes just an opinion blog at this point?

Neither is Ladybird, Dunkirk, or Darkest Hour but they're up for the big one most people only care about.

Hell Phantom Thread, The Post, and Three Billboards made it and I can't recall those even being particularly hyped.

I'm not even saying WW should be up for Best Picture either. But maybe Logan.
WW should be up for something though. Best actress?

t fag shilling for Gotg2 a visual effects nomination,

a nomination that the movie clearly don't even deserve, when compared to blade runner or apes this movie looks like a college project

>Best Actress
you can't be serious

>Phantom Thread
DDL's final film. Lots of hype.
> The Post
Spielberg, Hanks, Streep. Definition of Oscar hype.
> Three Billboards
Indie darling of the year.

>WW should be up for something though. Best actress?
Surely you're not serious, are you?

This people
are delusional?
Or just stupid?

Actor,yes Pine did a good job as supporting cast

Three Billboards is the frontrunner behind Shape of Water.

We've been making fun of fishman jizz for years but Alan Moore was right all along.

Dunkirk is oscar worthy.
Guardians of the galaxy in the other hand is not

>Guardians of the galaxy in the other hand is not
For best picture? Absolutely not. But the effects were pretty great. I feel like Planet of the Apes probably deserves it more though.

It’s the second worst film Nolan has ever made.

>-Visual Effects

They are expecting win a Oscar with this?
Seriously?
this scene shows how Jenkins don't know how to deal with special effects
gadot is a very bad actress
the fx company should be the worst in the world
whoever did the storyboard should be fired

All of those are without doubt, leagues above WW.

>Best actress?
Holy shit no.

>WW should be up for something though. Best actress?

Lady Bird, Dunkirk, Phantom Thread, and Three Billboards are all better than WW and Logan. The Post was bad but the academy will suck its dick because its a self-important politicized prestige picture starring Meryl Streep and directed by Spielberg. The Darkest Hour was an ok movie elevated by an incredible performance.

Fucking nerds think that their crap capeshit deserve any kind of recognition. Wonder Woman was good for a cape flick but it still wasn't great. For all its attempted statements on war and feminism, its still just a movie about a super strong person punching another super strong person. Gadot is charismatic and enjoyable in the lead but hardly best actress material. Hell, Chris Pine was better and he's not even the lead. Logan is only notable because its rated R and it took itself seriously. That puts it miles above most capeshit but still miles below actual serious films. If Logan was an original property and didn't have the Wolverine name attached to it, nobody would have given it a second thought. It's only special because its a "serious" superhero movie.

Yeah man, Gotg 2 is visual trash, who cares about them?
Nothing like OUR OSCAR, suck it and cryyyy MArvel shilllsssss

Still far better than anything on MCU

Also better than anything in the DCEU ... what's your point? Why'd you decide to make that a company wars post?

Are people still talking about that fucking makeup award? I'll give the DCEU one thing, the fact that it was a minor technical award probably means they legitimately deserved it and there likely wasn't a lot of BS politics involved.

> But maybe Logan.
The thing is the academy doesn't give a fuck about x-men movies. Only x-men movie fans thought that was a good movie. It was nostalgia bait for people who don't read comics and think Jackman was wolverine instead of some six foot tall asshole in street clothes.

It wasn't good. It was over-long, had plot holes the size of battleships, contrivances from beginning to end, cliches out the ass, a terrible cast of villains (the only good one was metal hand man and he was fucking wasted in it) and no thematic or plot connection to the prior films it staked all of it's emotional baggage on.

It was maybe entertaining. The perfectly edited behind the scenes of the lab video alone was contrived enough to ruin it for anyone who takes film seriously.

Wonder Woman did not deserve a nod and it is not a snub. This is not company wars this is honesty. Many people seemed to think Logan was a lock because they felt something while watching it. The ignored every weakness in favor of "muh Huge Jackedman and Picard are retiring the roles."

>this scene shows how Jenkins don't know how to deal with special effects
this. this this this this this.

it's clear Snyder did the beach battle as it was literally 300 with tiddies. By the time Diana was running around the town that eventually gets gassed it was laughable. People hate snyder but his action scenes are well shot and choreographed.

>The thing is the academy doesn't give a fuck about x-men movies
What did he mean by this?

This thread convinced me that any and all Sup Forums should be banned.

Protip; the Oscars a complete scam made to milk retards of a little extra money by labeling films oscar worthy and forwarding a progressive narrative. I don't have progressiveness or the Oscars but people need to stop giving such a shit about them. Suicide squad won an Oscar for best makeup? Like what, that hardly means anything and is irrelevant to the movie as whole if we're being fair.

Also Wonder woman is a bad movie. The only reason I think people like it is because it's the only semi salvageable DCU movie but even then it's a boring, poorly written, poorly acted mess of a movie. How anyone could actually sit through it, especially the end without falling asleep surprises me. It's so boring and generic. Like seriously what can you put it as an Oscar for?

They don't. They gave it a token nom for best adapted screenplay and it didn't even adapt a thing.

Had they cared as much as anyone online it would have gotten a supporting actor nom for Stewart and a acting role for Hugh. They're both VERY well liked in hollywood. It didn't get either. Nor direction, nor cinematography. It got a nom for adapting a thing it didn't adapt because the voters no so little about comics they thought that was an adaptation.

There were retards who thought a 6/10 capeshit movie was going to get an Oscar nom? Lmao.

>doesn't understand the adapted screenplay category

Jesus. Stop talking about movies like you understand them.

>they don't care for this thing
>even though it's literally the first superhero movie ever nominated for screenplay
ok, user

Dunkirk is absolutely Oscar-worthy, you raging homo.

>Best actress
>Gadot
Is this real life?

>Protip; the Oscars a complete scam made to milk retards of a little extra money by labeling films oscar worthy

I'm with you here....

>Also Wonder woman is a bad movie. The only reason I think people like it is because it's the only semi salvageable DCU movie but even then it's a boring, poorly written, poorly acted mess of a movie. How anyone could actually sit through it, especially the end without falling asleep surprises me. It's so boring and generic. Like seriously what can you put it as an Oscar for?

I'm no longer with you here. It isn't bad. And you're doing the typical faggot-ass-shill/terrible-fucking-taste schtick of "lol people just like it cause it's better than the DCU movies".

people enjoyed it because it was good. not great, good.

I bet there's one CBM this year you thought deserved all the nominations, though, right?

You mean they paid enough money for it

Dunkirk is easily one of the best movies of the last year. Three Billboards is fantastic and has been hyped by the entire film industry.

WW should be up for a Razzie.

>capeshit
>awards

I agree. It was a generic superhero movie and it was entirely carried by Pine. Everyone else was fucking shit in it and the plot was retarded and full of plot holes.

And Fox x-men
the point is no capeshit is on this lvl, giving them nominations is to please redditors
Dunkirk is in the other hand easily one of the best movies this year so saying it don't deserve a nomination is just being edgy

Not sure if autist or bait.

>MCU is shit and everyone who thinks otherwise stupid because I say so
MCU haters are pathetic.

>implying that something on MCU is better than Dunkirk
Not sure if underage,edgy,contrarian,Disney executives cum dumpster,simply retarded or all options

Both are shit. The only good MCU movies are Iron Man 1 and maybe the Winter Soldier.

I disagree with your hypothesis. The Oscars is not designed to milk retards out of extra money. Studios realized they could use an Oscar win to do this later. It was not designed to forward a progressive narrative. Hollywood liberals realized they could use the platform the Oscars provided them to espouse their progressive beliefs later. The Oscars is designed to be a self-important circle jerk for "artists." They wanted to pat themselves on the back and they wanted everyone to see how important and prestigious they were. It wasn't until later that plain old narcissism was watered down with capitalistic greed and opportunistic virtue signalling.

for adapted screenplay. As user tried to tell me, stop talking about things you know nothing about.

as for you faggot:
They marketed it as not being a sequel as being it's own thing. So it doesn't fit that. And it literally is not based on a comic. What you're doing here is saying since the academy bends it's own rules that this is an adaptation. it isn't. And if it wasn't considered one it wouldn't have been nominated for a thing. Officially they state it as a an adaptation of "Wolverine" because the academy treats characters' comic series as one whole story.

If I wrote a script based on an old Lovecraft story and it bared nearly no resemblance to the original they would award me an original screenplay nom (assuming it was a good or progressive movie).

Winter soldier is better than Iron Man, I would say that Guardians 1 was good but as a childish comedy movie like Jumanji remake not in a serious look.

Didn't say WIN.
But at least given a nomination to promote the movie and bribes from WB/DC.

Be reasonable. Gadot isn't an okay actress that can slip through the cracks, she's straight up terrible. The Oscars would become even more of a joke than they already are if the Gadot got nominated.

>lol people just like it cause it's better than the DCU movies
>people enjoyed it because it was good

It's way too long and goes on in certain parts for such a ridiculous amount of time that it really distracts from the plot. Wonderwoman isn't even really a character, she has no flaws, seemingly no weaknesses, and really solves everything by just fighting 'round the world.

Like seriously sit and think about the scenes. Nothing pops out, there's nothing incredibly interesting or epic about the movie (boring action etc), which is usually what hero movies do. Like you really can't just say the movies "good" that's why it isn't bad. You're not giving me any actual reasons why it's a good movie and not a bad one. Budget and visual effects aren't a good reason either (Look at Transformers, especially the Last Knight).

Also no CBM should get an oscar nomination because none of them did anything exceptionally well this year. Logan was probably the most well done one, as far as being different but I can't think of a reason it would deserve an oscar compared to other films this year.

They've changed into this over the years, very correct, however I'de say it's been like this for a long enough time to get an idea of what it's turned into.

God I hope no one buys awards like that. That's like paying money for a participation ribbon.

Winter soldier is the best because it's the most serious and least jokey Marvel movie. It's the example of what all the marvel movies should be imo.

user I refuse to have this conversation because this is a site in which people both claim WW is a garbage movie yet better than the DCEU which is bait. Plain and simple.

At least we agree CBMs don't deserve to appear at the oscars. I'd contend, maybe, that a few could compete for effects some years but it's apparent since Civil War that they literally do not give a fuck about CGI.

>Wonderwoman isn't even really a character, she has no flaws, seemingly no weaknesses, and really solves everything by just fighting 'round the world.
She is extremely naive, stubborn and impulsive, in fact most of the movie challenges are caused by those traits

Most of the problems were solved by Trevor no her, he gave her the informations, location, teached her that you can't turn the world into an utopia and that people shouldn't have to "deserve" to be helped.

And the no man land scene was great.

the thing that gets me mad about Logan is that it could have been the dark knight tier if not for the retarded decition of having a literal logan clone for a villain.

>Blade Runner nominated in 5 categories but not in best picture or even best actor for Gosling
It had better win at least one or I'll fucking retire the board like the replicants they won't acknowledge the quality of

Not just that though it really buried the lead in a good way. Sure, he's the titular character but there was so much that happened in that movie before he even shows up to kill Fury. And popping up in the middle of what seemed like a random action scene to extend it into a more exciting second half of the sequence was great pacing.

The end with steve "losing" but still getting to have beaten the shit out of Buck was great.

I honestly ignored that part when I realized he was taking the "I'm a film snob" route rather than the "Logan deserved the awards" route.

In terms of actual movies she's as thin as can be characterwise. I disagree with him that's she's flawless in it but desu Gal's acting in the gas/mad at steve scene wasn't convincing enough to sell that she saw the error in her ways. And Ares actually being the villain means she technically was right the entire time to a point.

I freely admit his costume not being in it only angers me because of what it wanted to be. That they went with young retarded rageman logan for the villain was stupid and silly and it looked like absolute shit. Combined with the plethora of contrivances and cliches and it honestly took all the "seriousness" out of it for me.

Him yelling fuck after hammering on the truck was the only heartfelt moment I got out of it after the science lab video he watched.

>Get Out has like fifty fucking nominations
>fucking The Last Jedi has nominations
>BR2049 didn't get jack shit
Man I was expecting to be disappointed but jeez, what a shitty year. Florida Project totally got snubbed too.

I feel the same way but I do understand the goose not getting the nom. Even if I think he deserved it at the very least. It's a quiet performance and it's very much based on facial acting and posture. While, yes, that's actual acting you have people actually claiming Gal gave an oscar-worthy performance. It's clear they aren't looking at subtlety in acting.

>literally a sequel
>based on a comic
>based on characters from comics, movies, and tv
>not adapted screenplay
You really truly DON'T know anything, do you?

>Dunkirk is easily one of the best movies of last year
It wasn't even in my top 10. Not a bad movie by any means but hardly "easily one of the best".

No offense but I think some of you guys need to actually seek out movies beyond blockbusters.

>Wonder Woman isn't bad
It's bad if you're the fridge logic type who starts asking a lot of questions DURING the film. I personally feel like the latest Star Wars films haven't been ambitious or all that amazing, but at least I wasn't baffled by their logic while the flick was rolling.

With Wonder Woman I had tons of questions as things were happening. Like why people had the motives they did. Why are they trying to make a poison gas with hydrogen (because it can get through gas masks I guess) when hydrogen is lighten than air and less effective than heavier gasses? Why does the plane explode on a timer? Why does Ares intentionally thwart his own plans?

It's watchable, but it's rife with B movie logic, and by plenty of standards that's bad, because you have to avoid thinking during the movie if you want to enjoy the plot twists.

Oy vey

Wonder Woman isn't bad until the Ares reveal and then it gets pretty lame.

You don't get to market your shit as not being a sequal and then say its totally connected come award season.

So no, as I said in the coment you replied to, it literally IS NOT a sequel

>Based on a comic
No it literally is not. Which I also explained.

>>based on characters from comics, movies, and tv
No it literally is not, not when it's billed as it's own entity
>not adapted screenplay
only thing it came close to adapting was shane, the movie it tried to tell you to leave and go watch for a five minute scene halfway through.

Good to see you know so much about film that you couldn't find the official site.

>It's bad if you're the fridge logic type who starts asking a lot of questions DURING the film.
I felt the same way the entire time I was watching Logan.

I don't know why anyone thinks CBMs deserve nominations. Especially for writing of any kind.

Its because its R-rated so it makes people feel like its a mature movie.

SS's Oscar wasn't even for a real category

Oh no, it was lame before that. For one, it treated the Germans like they were Nazis, so they were evil wherever they went. It was using real historical figures as villains, one of whom became a real Nazi but who also opposed Hitler's politics if I remember correctly. It started to apply some logic to its poison gas formula by explaining its molecules were smaller than oxygen, allowing it to penetrate masks, only to gloss over the fact that materials lighter than oxygen float and therefore don't do a lot of damage before they disperse. Then, as if to rectify that retardation, they made the gas also melt gas masks somehow, so it's more like a cloud of light-weight acid.

The villains' main plan was to force Germany to keep fighting in spite of being depleted of troops, money, and morale. They attempted to achieve this goal by cutting off the head of the German military, ensuring chaos and confusion from the top down that would make the Germans easy to defeat.

There were also plenty of other stupid and quirky things they did throughout the movie before the Ares reveal. Most of the movie was pretty retarded when you think about it. Some people got swept up in the action, but it really wasn't very good. Very B-movie in its scripting. Looks good, but not very smart.