I don't watch cartoons, but when I do, it's usually anime. The last western cartoon I watched was Rick and Morty

I don't watch cartoons, but when I do, it's usually anime. The last western cartoon I watched was Rick and Morty

I enjoyed it

What's essential viewing for someone barely dipping their toes in the vast ocean known as American animation. I'm open to literally anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=--RWTpnNtfU
mega.nz/#F!5OATzZ5a!9U7nzCnCDeMwiPlRprfoqg!1CJQWSyJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Nutshack.
It's widely considered to be the apex of Western animation from the last two decades.

Moral Orel

You should watch Courage. First few episodes are pretty rough but it picks up fast, despite a few dips in quality in later seasons (every Katz episode gets worse after the first)

If you're into anime, you want ATLA, Teen Titans, TMNT 2003, and especially W.I.T.C.H.

Honestly, you'll probably wanna check out Samurai Jack, Megas XLR, Swat Kats, Hey Arnold, Dexter's Lab, Jackie Chan Adventures, and Wander over Yonder to name a few.
Though your mileage may vary as I don't know if your a style or substance kinda guy.

Harvey Beaks

Honestly you should get into Spanish and France animation.
France is really good, especially because they have a very similar style to Japan.

Oban Star Racers
Wakfu
Poet Anderson
Legend Quest
El Tigre
Funky Cops
Cybersix
Dream-Star Button Nose

Then if you're into more rustic old-fashioned animation try Invasion America, Red Planet, and anything limited edition based off a book from the 80-99s

ammonia and bleach works great for stains

I love you WITCHfag, that show was trash

Just knowing you like comedy(possibly scifi) and generally 'anime' it's a bit difficult to tailor a recommendation. I would swap jackie chan adventures for WITCH from this guy's list But it may be the case you think anime does anime tropes better, so some stuff that is more american ~comedy

Over the Garden Wall - comedy with a nice atmospheric tone, short series (I mostly recommend it because I love it and would show it to people if they wanted cartoons to watch)
Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law - pure comedy
Superjail - comedy with cathartic violence

Adventure Times earlier seasons are great.

Fuck you, man. That show is the closest the West has come to making anime, the overly pretentious Avatar included. Then again, you think JCA is remotely comparable to any of those shows...

Venture Bros

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=--RWTpnNtfU

it's mah boy

Who are you?

Venture Bros
Xavier
Boondocks (season 4 doesn't exist)
King of the Hill (seasons 1-7 are must watch, the rest are take or leave)
Earthworm Jim
Samurai Jack
Hey Arnold
Megas XLR
South Park
Simpsons 2-8
Drawn Together
Harvey Birdman
God, Bob and the Devil
Invader Zim
Ugly Americans
Courage
Dexter's Lab (seasons 1-2)
Power Puff Girls (season 1-4 and movie, reboot never happened)
Adventure Time 1-5 (there are some good episodes of the later seasons but I don't really be bothered going through the wiki)
Morel Orel (Doesn't get good until season 2 finale but you need to watch for lore reasons and the pay off is well worth it)
F is for Family
Gravity Falls
Star Versus
Steven Universe (Stop at Jail Break)
Futurama (Take or leave the CC seasons, some winners and some losers, mostly losers honestly)
Grim Adventures
Evil Con Carne
ATFH (season 1-5 are kino, the rest have a lot of good episodes but it's about 65% Family Gore teir)
Stroker and Hope
Perfect Hair Forever
Black Dynamite
Anamaniacs
Pinky and the Brian
Freakazoid
Spongebob 1-3 + movie (I heard the new season is good again but I haven't watched it yet)
Beavis and Butthead (3 onwards and the 2011 season and the movie is a must watch)
Downtown
Batman TAS
Batman The Bold and Brave
Teen Titans 2003
X-men 90's

There's loads more but I either have never seen them or can't think of them right now

>Stop at Jail Break
Ocean Gem*

ed edd'n eddy, spongebob the first 3 seasons, dexter's lab, adventure time, billy and mandy, courage the cowardly dog, johnny bravo, hey arnold, danny phantom, these should get you started.

Codename: Kids Next Door if you want a shounen anime

I'm just gonna compile a quick list of ones i loved and still do.
Pretty much everything mentioned, though I'd add Rocko's Modern Life to the list.

I think Tom and Jerry theatrical shorts, Who framed Roger Rabbit, early Mickey Mouse shorts, Felix the cat, and Bimbo are important because a lot of western (and eastern) animation draws influence from them. Same with the Disney movies though they become more derivative of themselves over time. Adventure Time and Flapjack are a big influence on a lot of modern cartoons like GF, SU, SVtFoE and other similar shows.
If you're planning on getting into capeshit cartoons Batman beyond, JLA, JLU, BTAS, TT, The Tick, and Spectacular Spiderman are all good but not foundational.

If you just want the best cartoons check pic related
ATLA and TT are good but that doesn't have anything to do with anime. They're good action dramas but we have no idea of that's what OP is into.

>ATLA and TT are good but that doesn't have anything to do with anime. They're good action dramas but we have no idea of that's what OP is into.
They're literally American anime. If anything, it's TMNT 2003 that's somewhat different.

>Rocko's Modern Life
That's on my to watch list
.t Made the list

The original Yugioh manga so good.

Genndy tartakovsky's clone wars, symbionic titan, samurai jack, all of don hertzfeldt work, spectacular spiderman, clone high, batman beyond

I second oban, It's also animated by both japanese And french people, so It's a good gateway, fantastic show

Also, French CGI shows. Generally mild action, but also pretty comfy to watch.

No such thing as American Anime. Also TMNT isn't like Anime, but it's not good.

How can there be so much bullshit in such a short post?

you forgot Lastman tho
mega.nz/#F!5OATzZ5a!9U7nzCnCDeMwiPlRprfoqg!1CJQWSyJ