How come a children's film makes a laugh out of someone being sucked into a death where they're shredded in a shower of...

How come a children's film makes a laugh out of someone being sucked into a death where they're shredded in a shower of gore and agony?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5FsrNEeqd6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because every comedy is also a tragedy.

flight powers with no super durability is just asking for trouble

Didn't you ever crash your toy cars or collapse lego buildings when you were little?

Dark humour, even kids get it.

how is not wearing a cape going to help here? That close to a turbine and you are going to get vacuum-blended no matter what you're wearing.

this is every disney movie ever though
every villain dies the same way
george of the jungle, strangled to death
beauty and the beast, falls hundreds of feet to his death
lion king, eaten alive my hyenas
ect..
and its all framed as a justified and satisfying climax to young children

Not necessarily fatal
youtu.be/5FsrNEeqd6Q

My mom fell of the table when she was hanging the curtains, 5 year old sister found it funny.

gues she didn't learn empathy yet.

as this user said, comedy is just tragedy plus time

Not my proudest fap

Is that why farts are funny?

>overthinking cartoons
faggots like you are the reason we have Zack Snyder helming DC movies

that's just a meme, a very old granted, but still just that
let's take a very simple joke, someone farting. The person who farts doesn't need to be embarrassed, and yet just the situation itself is funny. No tragedy whatsoever

Dunno, ask Tom and Jerry.

What bothers me is that it's a waste of a cute girl. Should've made her uglier.

Nice girls finish last.

brutalizing women for the entertainment of men has been a thing for ages long forgotten

Most people stop before blood is spilled.

Did your mom die, is that why it was so funny?

>no tragity in farting
He might have shit his pants or left skid marks

>you mean a fart joke?
stop being such a fucking mong

>agony

Your nervous system doesn't work that fast. You'd feel nothing.

That wasn't even a joke, they weren't trying to make humor out of her death

>agony

You'd be dead in less than a second.

>Memeg, Memog and Owlturd
Stop being.

We don't know how her flight works. Maybe her power is something like nullifying wind resistance around her body.

>when you decide the Australian indie comic about giving cats rimjobs and shitting in public is too "mainstream"

Because little kiddies love violence and gore.

Nah, it is. Every time.

their deaths is not the funny thing, "funny" comes from edna, and capes, they were all taken by surprise, the "oh shit" moment is the joke.

no idea why people got so triggered over this. you guys are worse than korea and their fear of fans

Didnt actually happen. You can tell because the plane in fine after.

A goose getting sucked in is enough to kill an engine. A person would be much worse. Big planes can make a safe landing down an engine due to redundancy, but the plane would not coast onward as if it didnt happen like we see.

>capeshit is realistic
>cartoons are real life
small details and facts don't matter when you're making a joke, user

But they're not shredded. We never see such a thing.

Maybe she was. For a kid, not seeing it means it didn't happen.

But maybe she was only moderately injured, how durable was she?

Maybe she wasn't injured at all but... inconvenienced. the engine shredded her costume leaving her flying naked beside the economy class windows.

Pretty sure everyone on that plane died too. An engine cannot have a person going through it without fucking it up real bad.

you are aware that planes can fly with only 1 engine right?

She died, the DVD extras say it explicitly.

That's why all the Looney Tunes were girls.

Oh wait.

Plus she was an absolute sweetheart of a character. Thunderhead was also a great guy which makes Bob come across as a dick since he was close enough to the Parrs to be a wedding guest.

what if syndrome survived by using his zero-point ray to shield himself from being chopped to bits by the rotors?

That guy was wearing protective gear and the jet shut off before he was pulled in any further.

>George of the jungle, strangled to death
What?
the worst are the pixar ones, Up, that poor guy spent his whole life trying to clear his name and before that, gets killed

Jack jack disarmed him. no way he survived.

>skinned alive, body parts fallen into a lava pit, and what little remained of him crushed by a fat guy's foot.

>and its all framed as a justified and satisfying climax to young children

It's good to let children think the evil are punished for a little while. Before long they'll be grown up and realise the evil are infinitely rewarded.

Because it's natural and healthy to want to see your enemies getting JUSTed and children have yet to be brainwashed by society that what you're meant to do is give them 10 years in prison where they just get more dangerous and only serve 5 and then keep doing what they did beforehand.

>george of the jungle, strangled to death
You mean Tarzan, mong.

Are you this fucking stupid? Watch the scene again, autist.

>For a kid, not seeing it means it didn't happen.
This is autistic. Even as a kid I was able to make distinctions between what happened and what didn't.

t. frank castle

this isn't a villain, though

>For a kid, not seeing it means it didn't happen
Do you remember Bambi's mother?

>agony
It happens to fast for your body to even process the pain. It is a pretty horrific way to go though.

like that hindi guy who committed suicide by jumping into blast furnace?

If I recall that was because his helmet couldn't get through the blades

There probably wasn't much agony.

Because the purpose of the movie is to make money.

It's "etc" you cretinous hominid.

Oliver and Company probably had the most metal death of any Disney villain.

I wish a villain would pull a complete turn around right at the last second, when the audience is basically assured he's gonna die.

Like he's basically been defeated, some ironic sort of thing sets in motion his demise that we witness and can only watch in anticipation as the guillitine closes in. Then the villain, maybe through willpower, hatred or pride, resists fate and avoids death somehow. Now emboldened, he refuses to give in and keeps on fighting the heroes to a standstill or escape or something. Maybe his overwhelming rebound forces their retreat instead.

It doesn't even need to be in a Disney or pixar movie or anything, I just want to see the antagonist never surrender.

is common for a burton's tier

na is not mainstream,just horrible

>Hurr durr what is ETOPS

You're forgetting Atlantis.

To be completely fair we're never actually shown which part is the "real" Oogie Boogie. I bet he would've come back if there was a sequel.

to hammer home how dumb capes are

>First Aladdin movie Jaffar was shackled to the lamp and nearly faced an eternity of imprisonment
>Jaffar melting in the second movie when his lamp gets destroyed
>Villain in 3rd one gets turned to gold and sinks to the bottom of the sea
>TV series episode about monsters that kidnap children into a shadow dimension disappearing into nothingness at nights end
>Episode about a forest spirit fighting an inevitable battle to preserve the beauty of nature against the thoughtless destruction of mankind
>One more about Iago nearly getting turned to stone by a basilisk
>Various other terrible fates
Aladdin was full of some surprisingly dark stuff

I think it all the more tragic. not only does she most likely die being sucked through a jet engine, but she crashed that jet and most likely killed everyone on board as well.

You might be on to something there... I remember splitting my sides every time Wile E Coyote fell down into the canyon... that brief pause.. then impact. I still laugh..

Might as well post her bio. She would have been a mix of Supergirl's super strength plus flight, Star-girl's personality, and Squirrel girl's ability to talk to animals, instead of squirrels it's birds.

What did happen to them?

You've made this exact thread many times before and gotten the same result.

I don't know what you're trying to achieve.

It's interesting just how rare super-durability seems to be in the Incredibles universe. You've got a lot of heroes with abilities that are quite frankly completely broken on paper, but in the end a lot of them are glass cannons.

So you do what? Not ever fly?

The same can be said about a large number of supers in the actual comics. In essence, most of them could be taken out with a precision shot to the dome by an experience sniper, that or slip on a rock and somehow snap their neck

t. falseflag Sup Forums

Mostly it requires a huge amount of handwaving via superscience armor, superhuman training, and no one actually shooting at them (or always missing).

He did come back in the video game, and became a giant holiday trash heap in the end.

Those weren't meant to be funny.

But neither was syndrome dieing the same way as stratogal.

the world will never know

Mr. I seems to be among the few with both strength and Durability. Thus making him among the strongest.

>sucked into jet engine
>engine likely exploded, causing damage to the wing, killing everyone on board
oof

you hover

>not KIA

That never happened. She just died, meaning it probably didn't happen and she was killed elsewhere.

Even if it did explode, planes are designed to function (or at the very least make an emergency landing) without all the engines working.

Hell I think they can make a relatively safe landing on one engine.

That's not saying much seeing as how all the supers shown on screen were also at the wedding. I know it's just because Pixar was reusing assets to save time but it's really dark if you think about it seriously.

>goes mad with obsession and bumps off any unfortunates who come by out of paranoia
He had it coming.

>Weakness - Teenager
Does that mean she's a Teenager and that's somehow a liability or are teens literally her kryptonite?

Honestly, a better fate than real.

No child has empathy. If they're lucky they learn it as they get older.

He's also the last super to singlehandedly defeat an Omnidroid prototype. I believe in the montage each super is given a threat rating by Syndrome and his is either highest or close to it.

Well if she went in head first she probably didn't suffer.

Died in action. Look for more than an acronym

You know what I want to see? A villain fall to his death. How come they never do that?

The only person with a higher threat rating is Metaman, who was basically Superman without the durability and intelligence.

Gaston in beauty and the beast fell to his death. Just last year the storm king in the pony movie fell off a balcony whilst turned to stone and shattered into a dozen pieces

It's what sets good children's fiction apart from bad children's fiction. As Roald Dahl described it, you have to be a co-conspirator with children, give them a glimpse of what they're not supposed to see, and what kids love to see is usually pretty dark.

Depends on the plane.
An F15 can fly with just 1 engine. A 747 can only fly on one engine if said engine is a specific model (GE90-115b).

>Gaston in beauty and the beast fell to his death.
he asked for villains