Now that Superman has his red trunks back, when will the star spangled booty return?

Now that Superman has his red trunks back, when will the star spangled booty return?

Never, WW is a feminist icon now.

I never understood that outfit.

Wonder Woman is an amazon, she's supposed to be greek. Why would she wear a piece American iconography.

>Why would she wear a piece American iconography
Cause the US is the BEST! J/king aside, I never got it either.

Hopefully never. The battle skirt is far better visually and thematically.

With the DCEU scrashing and burning It'll happen soon.

the only problem i see in drawing WW is choosing a view of her where its not overtly sexual, but that then challenge now thanks to the feminists who dont even buy comics.

why comment on things they have no intention of buying? I personally think that the creative team on the book should do what they feel the story needs, be it costume, sexuality, etc... fuck the fans, its not like the ones complaining are the ones buying

i think that design wasn't that good

Battle skirt works well, Superman's lack of trunks made his costume lacking.
I don't think a big red belt could accomplish the same thing, but a battle skirt on Wondy accomplishes the same things that the bikini bottoms do.

>now
Was there a point when she wasn't?

By visually I mean design wise. The skirt balances the colour far better, is less busy than all the stars and looks cooler.

No it's not. The key component of Wonder Woman's character is that she is the feminine ideal that cares so little about flaunting her sexuality that she sees nothing wrong with walking around in underwear while looking like a Goddess.

She wore shorts before she wore a bikini

To hell with the swimsuit.
Skirt>>>>>trunks
Both are better than pants

No it doesn't. It's a shit colored over designed mess, as opposed to the bright clean vibrancy of the stars.

There was a single day on November 8, 1984 where she was not a feminist icon. Other than that, no.

So is this going to be a contrarian thread where people start shitting on the battle skirt, even though its probably one of the best design changes to WW's costume? Because its the perfect balance between the hated pants, and the classic swimsuit

And a skirt isnt feminine?

I prefer the skirt because it makes seeing her pantsu and butt cheeks more exciting than having it already flaunted out.
But pants are on head retarded though.

Its literally the same blue, just with less white.

And regardless you are going to have to live with it seeing how WW is the only success story of the DCEU.

False modesty certainly isn't.

She is an icon with roots in the classical Greco-Roman world. The battleskirt fits that themtically than 20th century swimwear..

It clearly is not.

Right, she's an icon known for wearing her 20th century swimwear. And thematically that fits better than the Greek warrior aesthetic.

It clearly is. you are just being contrarian for the sake of it.

Looks to be the standard "virgins-obsessed-with-skimpy-costumes vs sjws-pissed-off-about-skimpy-costumes" bait. Standard operating procedure, ignore.

How so? Just saying it fits better than the skirt and giving no reasons why it does doesn't constitute an argument.

No she is an icon for being an Amazon Warrior Princess. What does any of that have to do with swimear?

Post examples then. I can't be arsed.

>wearing your flag on your butt

Americans...

She's an icon largely because of the swimwear.

You did a great job

She's an icon because she's the first female superhero (to get popular at least) and being promoted alongside Superman and Batman as one of DC's core characters for decades. Saying she's only an icon because of one design element is like saying Superman and Batman are only famous for having capes.

It's less sexualizing.

I fail to see how a skirt is any less feminine than underwear.

>equality is now a war crime
Good to know what you're fighting for, them.

>Its only feminine if it is made so I can fap to it

This argument is starting to read like a parody.

No she is an icon because of her association with 2nd wave feminists and that she has been there from the Golden Age. All the qualities of authenticity that Marvel's heroines don't have which is why they resort to meme characters like yas queen Carol.

>Implying skirts aren't sexy

I said nothing about being more or less feminine, but since your brought it up, is it more feminine to see nothing wrong with your body and just go about your business or to cover it up due to pressures of a society that is not your own?

Or Lynda Carter looking slamming in a one piece.

Only if you live in Saudi Arabia and other religious shitholes. Otherwise they should go with what is authentic to them.

Well, I should have said 'now in the eyes of normies'
Normies didn't care about WW before the movie, as with most things.

I prefer Wonder Woman with the skirt. I never liked the star spangled panties unless it was the thong. I also never liked Superman with panties on the outside of his pants

Truth. It's the best element to come out of the current crop of designs, and I'm glad it's starting to stick. It's just better on so many levels.

Except if what's authentic to them shows off their ass, apparently.

Most people have never seen the Lynda Carter show since most of them were born after the 80s. To most Gal Gadot is the live action representation of Wonder Woman.

Honestly I just want Diana to drop the sword and shield.
Not to say that she can't use them occasionaly, but her lasso and bracelets are enough as default equipment.

There's nothing wrong with Diana having a sword/shield on standby

most people have watched the series in reruns in the 80s and 90s
now if gen z has never watched it? then you're probably right

She originally had a skirt, and besides what she has right now is better than the diapers they gave her.

One interpretation was that since she was going to act as an Themysciran ambassador to the US she was going to wear their colors.

It's why in Red Son she has a Soviet theme since she's going to Soviet Russia.

The Eagle was also already used as a symbol by the Amazons.

I laughed

This delusion. WW was a success that surpassed most MCU films. It's now one of WW's most iconic looks.

No, but I think the lasso and bracelets fit better thematically.
The lasso is about restraining first, which is what Diana should be trying to do 90% of the time.
Also, her diplomacy should manifest itself by her mediating when possible. A shield, by it's very nature, forces her to pick a side to protect. With the bracelets she could jump in the middle of two groups clashing and protect both sides at the same time.

There's potential for more interesting and powerful visuals, while a sword will always lead to "Jump in and cut", when we know that she's not going to kill most enemies anyway. SnS combo leads to less creative action.

I prefer the skirt desu senpai

And having a tiny skirt that lets her flaunt her ass just the same is counter to this how exactly, brainiac?

No is denying that, its just there, which is fine

Because the skirt is superfluous in that context, Einstein.

>implying upskirt isn't far more sexual

When normies and grils didn't pretend to care about comics.