Howard Chaykin

I've recently become a fan of his work, however, there seems to be an instant judgement when I say that to other people. Is it simply his content or are people passing judgement without actually reading his work.

Other urls found in this thread:

freaksugar.com/chaykin-responds/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You really need to specify era and work with Chaykin.

It's probably the fact that he hasn't done anything better than absolute shit in like two decades.

>4th panel
That's a really small dick.

Apologies. So far I have read Black Kiss, Black Kiss 2, Satellite Sam and The Divided States of Hysteria.

I'm not really interested in his Star Wars, Marvel stuff etc. I like his darker themed work. I like the stuff that isn't your every day stuff.

>Is it simply his content or are people passing judgement without actually reading his work.
Why would I read work of someone who is a racist transphobe? Without doing so I can tell you that it's not compatibile with me, as I require bare minimum of basic human decency in art that I surround myself with. I imagine most people that you have disagreements over it react the same.

I've heard a few people say that, but in interviews with Chaykin, he comes across as a guy who wants freedom to write and draw anything. I don't think I would consider him a racist or transphobic, but as I have only just started reading his stuff, it may be too earlier to voice a firm opinion.

Nigga please go read Ironwolf or some shit he did that was actually good.

If you hear multiple people telling you that his views are hurtful to marginalised groups, it's not too early to choose a side. I'd say it's the perfect time and the answer should be obvious. His "freedom to write and draw anything" is nothing in comparison to right of living a safe and happy life that every human being should have.

>Ironwolf
I'll go buy it on eBay now, nigga.

HC is in a weird place in the history of comics.He started to late to be one of the old masters like Kirby, Lee, Shuster, Infantino or Kubert of the pre Bronze age era. But started to early to capitalize on the growing emergence of the comic superstar era of Frank Miller, Alan Moore, Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld era.

I don't see how Chaykin writing stories containing controversial story lines has an effect on marginalised groups. He's not telling his readers/fans to attack or hurt anyone.

You do realise he's baiting you, right? He's BLATANTLY saying he'd throw away his freedom for absolute safety. ON Sup Forums.

90% of this board if not this site in general has become epic funny false flag LARPing.

The sad thing is that it's not far off from the beliefs of those they are emulating.

Bump. Mods are asleep and didn't see this thread with a NSFW pic

American Flagg, man.

The things I know about Howard Chaykin is that he draws virtually all of his protagonists as the same, he seems like he tries too hard to imitate Frank Miller and even draws women the same, and he wrote one of the worst and most disgustingly overrated Shadow stories of all time despite admitting that he hated the character, never read any of the pulps and considered him (and thus wrote him as) a sexist (which is really hypocritical coming from him), and damn near ruined the character.

Fuck Howard Chaykin.
His art is as disgusting and obnoxious as his personality.

>admitting that he hated the character
Just like Twilight. Why the fuck do they keep hiring him?

Heheh.. yeah I know right?...

Confirmed for knowing nothing...

it's also a flaccid dick.
I don't have a lot of dick experience, but mine just looks like one of those sad jarred baby mushrooms when flaccid, but it comes up to an okay-ish five and a half inches when erect.

freaksugar.com/chaykin-responds/

>someone who is a racist transphobe?

If you actually READ Divided States you would have noticed that the Transwoman became the hero.

Chaykin fan here. It's both his content and people not reading his content. Also, he's not the artist he used to be so he receives deserved criticism for that, though he still believes that he's better than he's ever been. Essential reading:
>American Flagg
>Ironwolf and Twilight (comprise his DC space opera)
>Blackhawk
>Time^2
Miller actually stole a lot from Chaykin as they worked in the same studio space along with Walt Simonson in the 80s.

Link to full story, pls?

>men getting buttfucked
>No vagina like tentacle ends.

Shit tentacle sex, would not jerk off/10.

Digital coloring does his art no favors but I like everything I've read by him. I align fairly closely with his politics so it's nice to read far left stuff that's not PG preachy bullshit.

The instant judgment will generally be from people who haven’t read Chaykin when he was actually good - IMO he peaked around his American Flagg! run and went to shit soon after, YMMV.

It’s not just stuff like his creepy fetish for preop trans women and the horrrible fates and/or evilness thereof, and the general depiction of nonwhite people, it’s just that he’s generally just shit these days.

I was OK with Blackhawk but around then Chaykin Protagonist was starting to outlast his welcome for me.

>It’s not just stuff like his creepy fetish for preop trans women
Trannys or Shemales user. Already two perfectly good terms for it, we don't need anymore.

im getting the feeling that was just a drive-by cunt

Those are both colloquial terms mostly used by the tranny-fetish crowd, user.

"For the record, Chrissie Silver is the moral center of the book–a fact that becomes clearer as the narrative progresses, if those whose heads seem to be exploding with self righteous vindictive rage might actually read the book–but that’s not the case.
Frank Villa, the nominal hero of The Divided States of Hysteria, is seriously damaged goods–and his decision to include Chrissie in his plan is subtextual, but it’s there for a careful reader, as the narrative progresses.
Again, if the hysterics had read the book, rather than leaping to shamelessly banal conclusions about me and my intentions, this might calm that cohort down–but that train’s left the station. Hysteria prevails. That’s what it does." Howard Chaykin

respect

”I was only pretending to be retarded”

know the feel bro
know the feel...

Wew lad
Miss the fucking point much?
Or are you just retarded?

My innocent pic of Cosma in the OK KO thread gets deleted but actual erotica stays up. Sup Forums mods really are the fucking worst.

I wonder if he'll still try to pander to SJWs despite the fact that SJWs don't appreciate his style of making story because it involves putting their pet minorites in harm's way.

IIRC, wasn't there a SJW comic artist who threatened to send him to a tolerance camp and the only notable comic that person made was about LGBT monster girls in a cafe doing nothing?