Promotes their comic with a diverse group of characters with a diverse ethnic background

>Promotes their comic with a diverse group of characters with a diverse ethnic background
>Is just filled with blacks and mexicans

Why can't we get something more diverse than this? Like an Eskimo or someone from India?

Because it might be actually racist?

What you have to consider is that comic books are targeted namely towards Americans...in America the very first thing you think of when it comes to minorities is blacks and Mexicans, so that's all they need to do to meet the public expectation of what "diverse" means. Most people will only ever thing of "white", "black", and "mexican" when it comes to Americans. On top of that it comes down to a sort of math, Indians get ignored because they are from Asia, and if anyone is going to be representing Asia it is Japanese or Chinese to be martial arts or mob stereotypes, Arabs get ignored because they are technically Caucasoid and until much more recently blended in with American culture well enough, so not interesting enough, though these days the situation is a bit different so I could see more Arabic characters being introduced in the sake of diversity since it's now synonymous with Muslim to the average dope, and if you were to portray a Jew in any way that is reminiscent of Jewish people you would be called a Nazi so there is no point in doing it other than arbitrarily calling a character Jewish without drawing them any different or making their behavior any different.

Long story short, blacks and Mexicans are the easiest to do and the ones that are the least complicated since they are the default "minorities" of the US who you can identify with "the streets" or "the hood" which is really what most Americans think of when they think of minorities.

>Because it might be actually racist?
wat

There aren't as many eskimos and indians in America as blacks and spics

>On top of that it comes down to a sort of math, Indians get ignored because they are from Asia, and if anyone is going to be representing Asia it is Japanese or Chinese

>There aren't as many eskimos and indians in America as blacks and spics

It shouldn't be like this. In America we're the melting pot of ethnicities it's not just whites blacks and mexicans who live here though. Indians and Japanese all exist here as well as other ethnic backgrounds.

But would you buy it? And if not then why do you care?

Exactly what I'm thinking too. I just think it's silly at their pandering for simply going for only blacks and mexicans. That's all. I mean if their SJW tactics is simply that then why do they try to go for just 2 things? It's never really diverse in the first place when literally everyone is a black and Mexican.

Caring about blacks is woke because white guilt Caring about hispanics is woke because #fucktrump

Lobbying for Asians or anyone else doesn't earn you points so nobody cares.

It's better than everyone just being white like it's almost always been

This graph seems a tad biased

Eh. I am a caucasian Canadian that is surrounded by a ton of natives. I do have a slight desire to buy more of those type of charaters, but only if written well. There just aren't many i can support. I kinda like Warpath but he's never gotten a good story. Who's left? Only Dani.

But shit like the Civilization game pisses me off. Cause the Cree finally get someone into pop culture and they complain about it. I havent talked to my Cree friends yet but i bet they are pissed that their leaders are crying cultural appropriation.

Well...to be fair most of my Cree friends also hate these type of people.

>It's better than everyone just being white like it's almost always been
Why is there something wrong with an all white cast? If an all black cast or an all Chinese cast is acceptable why not an all white one? Just sayin

Black people are over represented at the olympics though

If it was a comic about Norway or Finland, it would be highly realistic (and before you start talking about flying bricks and people who can telekinetically or mutatively move/bend/portal/yadda yadda, we're talking comics generally, are we not?).

New Super-Man takes place in China and, as of yet, I'd bet $1K that no black or dark skinned people have yet to show up (other than Victor, and the only Caucasians have been Lex or the Justice League and a few other 'visitors'). No one is accusing DC of being racists or stating they are not diverse, it just is what it is as far as being realistic to what's on the ground in Communist/Mainland China.

Likewise, when Black Panther happens primarily in Wakanda, same as above. A fully white cast wouldn't be unacceptable, it depends on where, and what/when is going on.

maybe sport is the only thing they're good at?

who the hell is that Iron Patriot?

Reminder that a German immigrant could be considered a historically oppressed minority due to the suppression of German culture during the World Wars.
If he's an atheist, he's also a maligned religious minority.

Hey user. Don't be racist, they are also good at ignoring the fact that you need melody in music

That’s why I think diversity is a bullshit term, because what constitutes minorities now isn’t the same as what it used to be, and will probably change in the future.

For a moment i thought i spotted a fucking white male on the cover but thankfully he's hispanic. Probably CIS though, disgusting. Comics have a long way to go.