Gunnerkrigg Court

>Chapter 66: Page 5
>Looking back.
gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1941

I love Coyote's design and how he stretches over the entire page and frames the panels.

memories...do you need them?

It's really helpful in establishing that he's not really there. He's everywhere and only where he chooses to be at the same time

Just coming from The Courtyard / Neonomicon thread: that first panel's dialogue resonates.

He is resetting Ysengrin's memories because he wants to hear a different answer than your strength.
What does he want to hear?

spelling error panel 5 chose -> choose

Honestly I despise Ysengrin as a character so I hope he gets everything he has coming to him and more. Literally the picture perfect textbook definition of cognitive dissonance hysteria.

or he wants Ys to only remember that Coyote gifted him the power without asking first?

>Having a god rip the memories from your mind and devour them like candy is a textbook example of a mental disorder

Jesus what psychology textbooks do you read

We clearly he see he was a bag of psycho before Coyote started playing around in there.

How so?

he probably wants to to hear all his power. If i remember he wanted to find a successor in Y's but now i think it's Annie
Mecha God Kat vs Trickster God Annie

I can't remember.

For starters, it's incredibly unlikely that this is showing the very first time Coyote ever stole Ysengrin's memories, but even if it were how does anything on this page show him as crazy? Because he values strength?

That's why he had to remove Ysengrin's memories. Can't have people going around remembering times you said something stupid.

no he only wants stupid answers don't want people smarter than him

probably has something with a drawback that he wants to push on someone else

Well that's retarded,can't coyote just go "no you stuipd wolf I can't give you my strength just go pick something else" instead of removing every memory of the time he asks Ysengrin the same question?

I had to read it multiple times but In think I get it now. He the real memory is of coyote bringing up the subject of giving him a power and he changes it to a memory where the matter is already decided and he's only asking which one.

>inb4 20 pages of the same question and answer.
Good chapter, Tom.

Just catched up wih the current chapter. Shouldn't Annie be able to notice Coyote messing around with Ysengrin in the Ether? She's been training interacting with it while doing something else in the material plane.

I think she still needs to focus to be able to sense ether stuff. Besides, coyote is a god, he's probably on a whole new level of ability.

No, he asks multiple times, but removes the memory of the question being raised. that way, Ysengrin won't think it weird that he asks the same again
Don't know what the purpose is of that, but no matter

probably for shits and giggles. Coyote probably loves hearing about Ysengrin's ambitions in some twisted manner. stealing his memories allows Coyote to relive it every time. and it breaks Ys's mind which makes it all the more fun for Coyote.

like breaking a vase, gluing it back together, then breaking it again to see how it breaks differently, until it finally crumbles to dust. then onto the next vase

>like breaking a vase, gluing it back together, then breaking it again to see how it breaks differently, until it finally crumbles to dust. then onto the next vase
That's sort of a strange analogy, but if that's the sort of thing you amuse yourself with in your free time more power to you.

I forget do you still spell it as choose if you say the o with an "oh" sound like chosen?

No. But you would only pronounce it like that if you're talking about the simple past.
I choose now
I chose yesterday

Good point. Guess it is a typo.

Something more entertaining than strength.

I'm so excited for this chapter.

I wouldnt waste my money on that much glue (or a vase for that matter)

Nah he's just conflicted like annie but in different ways.

Coyote messing with his mind doesn't seem to help.

Katinha.

I want Kat to transition.

He's using it to spy on Ysengrin's mental state. Once Ys starts responding differently Coyote'll know something fun is going on.

Enough with the tranny Kat shit.

and it will get more and more fucked up each time, can’t wait

Trannies are gross, Kat is a trap.