ITT: Shows you weren't sure if they were actually real or some elaborately constructed false memory until it was...

ITT: Shows you weren't sure if they were actually real or some elaborately constructed false memory until it was mentioned in passing years later

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P-xO72s5EBY
youtube.com/watch?v=5hz1UaEVyoo
youtube.com/watch?v=ROracLAcRSc
youtube.com/watch?v=rLV2D05fgj4
youtube.com/watch?v=Wv-hJRBmbGY
youtube.com/watch?v=y9K0SzFIf4A
youtube.com/watch?v=zGdIEdjYMP8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cool World.

Watched pieces of it on daytime television when I was maybe 4-5, and I had dreams about it for years on end. I was definitely young enough that I didn't understand any of the sexual undertones from it, but old enough that thoughts of Holli turning into a clown made my peepee tingle.

For years I thought that for this

For a while, my friend had tried to convince me I was just thinking of the Whoopie Goldberg movie Theodore Rex, but at some point I finally managed to find out what it was

Chop Socky Chooks

Not Sup Forums related, but Voltron. I saw it once on VHS and fell in love with Allura. But without knowing the names or any of the characters, I had almost forgotten about it entirely until years later.

All I knew was that my brother had this super cool PowerRangers robot knockoff with cool swords, and I had no idea where it came from.

I wish I had watched this. Looks awesome.

I wish I could unsee this. That show had some weird moments.

Friendly reminder that the Foolish Magistrate was voiced by Ghiren Zabi's english VA.

Didn't realize it was real until a few months ago. Thought it was a fever dream

OH BOY OP do I have a doozy for you.

I didn't find out it wasn't all a fever dream until I was like 20 and saw it mentioned here.

I tried to explain it to my friends a few times over the years but they looked at me like I was nuts. So I just assumed kid-me made it all up.

>so there are these fighting planets
>and a planet eating planet
>also a giant talking ant and someone on fire

What on earth was this about. Chinese cats? What even.

Truly horrific.

Was there a hot fire boy in this?

I think there's an old cartoon with a woman with one razor blade wheel as a leg. That's all I remember. Kinda had that old American cartoons feeling

Sagwa is just a regular Kids show like Caiou and dragontails. Not sure why that's obscure.

I completely forgot this existed, but I just watched the intro and I remember all of the characters. My brain cells are fucking with me.

>Was there a hot fire boy in this?

Yes, yes there was.

I was seriously starting to think that this show was just a dream I had over a decade ago.

That looks cute though.

Lol, the ending theme song he sings sounds just like the theme song of million dollar baby movie with the boxing girl and old man

It is a cute show. It's basically just Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House having breakfast with kids from around America.

This and Bonkers, didn't have cable when I was a kid so I grew up watching PBS and ABC saturday morning. Moved in 1997 to an area that had different programming, so they gradually faded from memory. Thought they were just a dream my prepubescent mind came up with until I was in high school and my friend said he remembered those shows too.

There's a ton of shows/movies I only remember snippets of, and I cant remember if they were real or not. Trying to look them up with the limited memories I have of them usually results in dead ends and it bugs the shit out of me.

I remembered it having better animation than it actually had.

I think that's the same with every show though. I remember Timon & Pumbaa as having much better animation than it really did

youtube.com/watch?v=P-xO72s5EBY

i thought this was a fever dream

There was one day back when I was in second grade where I stayed home because I was sick. I had the TV on and Dragon Ball: Curse of The Blood Rubies was one TV but I didn't see the very beginning so I had no idea what it was.

They're chickens. Chook is a slang for chicken.

Watched this show when I was 6 and now, no matter how hard I tried, couldn't remember anything beside the opening intro.

I remember watching this and that Martin Luther King movie with the time travelling kids in school, but I could never remember their names.
youtube.com/watch?v=5hz1UaEVyoo
youtube.com/watch?v=ROracLAcRSc

Cartoon All Stars still feels like a fever dream desu

I have a vague memory of this.

It’s your food with attitude. I can still hear the theme song in my head.

I love these threads because I get to be reminded of shows that I watched maybe once or twice and never remember again.

The only thing I remember about that show was the Mamoth scientist.

They aired reruns of this in my country for year, it wasn't great.

Montana however, was the shit. Can't believe I forgot about that one for years.

Have not thought of this chinese cat show in years. Wasn't this on PBS or something?

I remember the Martin Luther king movie!

Okay, we're going way back to the 1980s for this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=rLV2D05fgj4

I think that I must have watched an episode or two whilst visiting with my aunt or grandmother or something; somewhere where they got different channels than I did where I was living as a kid, so I only saw it once or twice then never again. I had this memory of there being these sci-fi talking cars and nothing else about it. For years that specific fact would come back to me and I would try to slot it into any of the many other "sci-fi car shows" of the time like Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors or MASK or Transformers or whatever. I even entertained the idea that it might have been an animated version of Knight Rider. Nothing fit.

Then whilst idly watching a collection of "the best 1980s cartoon openings" or something on YouTube, I saw this and it immediately clicked into place.

I fell like I’m the only poorfag who watched this PBS show growing up.

You are not, although I had forgotten about it until you just posted it

Bump in the night.

I could never forget that weirdness every saturday morning.

Saturday? I only ever saw this on Weekday s in the early morning before Elementary school.

Best talking dog cartoon ever.

This is still on, right?

I'm still waiting for the internet to cough up eps of Brats of the Lost Nebula, just to prove that it isn't just a few pieces of a puppet show bumper.

I remember this but not at all.

Are you serious? It was pretty popular. I'm 22 and can still sing the theme song from memory. Owned the play set for like 15 years before losing it.

Don't forget your umbrella!

Are you kidding? I had cable but watching PBS Kids and shows like Cyberchase were my shit growing up!

He is talking about breakfast with bear, not bear in the big blue house.

PBS had some good shit

I didn’t think I was the only person who watched it, just not that remembered compared to the other pbs shows.

Dude it's still airing, I think it's in it's 10th season now.

The only episode I can clearly remember is about them telling a story of how the first "catfish" came to be. It was just a cat slowly turning into a fish.

I used to love this show. Still sometimes remember it out of the blue and watch an episode on youtube. Its bretty comfy.

Anyway, does anyone at ALL know of this?
youtube.com/watch?v=Wv-hJRBmbGY

I can't remember what channel it was, but I used to watch that show all the time

I have a pretty good memory so I was certain it was real, but I only ever remembered seeing it when I was like 3 or 4 during the early days of Cartoon Network. ... Then like 20 years later they decided to start airing episodes of it again for a day or two for no real reason.

Man, early CN had tons of weird shows and it felt like they really started pumping out the more obscure shit, like Super Globetrotters or that 3 stooges show but they're robots later in the day.

This thing. I spent several hours searching for it on the internet because I barely remembered anything about it.

This. No one talks about it at all.

I believe it was on Nicktoons

Holy fuck

Holy fucking shit I REMEMBER THAT SHIT

The only thing I remember from it is the one where he was describing how boogers are made. It was fuken disgusting

that was actually a pretty good show I watched some episodes on stream recently

Can remember the intro vividly, but can barely remember the rest of the cartoon.

youtube.com/watch?v=y9K0SzFIf4A

That just proves how forgotten that show was.

I think you might be con fusing that with "Foul Facts". It had similar animation.

Hmm. For some reason I distinctly remember an Aussie narrating it. Maybe I am confusing the two somewhere in my subconscious tho

This show made me a Lorefag.

It was insanely good for what it was, a toy commercial. That sort of turned into an epic space opera drama.

That scene where the vizier dies still gets me. And the casual space-racism was hilarious. Could have done without the puns though.

Mainframe used to be so good.

well that's just fucking adorable

I'm Eurofag.

Cyberchases flash games were all I played growing up

This was a weird show. The whole concept was odd for a cartoon.

No one remembers The Presentators .

I do.
Very vaguely, though.

It is.
It gets a little boring after a few episodes, though.

>It followed the fictional quest of two children, Jules and Julie, in their travels across Eurasia seeking to overthrow the Empress Dowager of China, and consequently, release their fathers from imprisonment.

Just weird.

HOLY SHIT WHAT WAS THAT, I RMEMEMBER SEEING THIS ON TELETOON

Space Goofs. It was kinda meh.

Kenny was on Discovery Kids if I remember right.
They also had Time Warp Trio which I really liked, especially the black haired girl.

They also had some live action Lost-esque show with kids.

I watched this on Sky Channel's Fun Factory around 1987

I gone into the thread to post this.

See what I mean?
Compare this with all the stupid teletubbies-tier slapstick crap and then there's this fucking thing. I swore it was some dream cooked up on a dry day when falling asleep infront of the tv when my mother was watching the joyluck club or the last emperor or some shit. It did seem to explore a time period no other cartoon I can think of has ever done.

I wonder if it holds up?

Probably the most underrated 90's Marvel cartoon.

You talking specifically Dot and the Smugglers (which I didn't eve know existed) or Dot and the _____ series?

Because the original Dot and the Kangaroo is one bittersweet thing. It's hearwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. Has a dreamlike quality.

This film where Dot and mighty morphin Aussie Santa Claus go around the world is a bit more grounded, but it's so surreal that it feels like a dream.

I just wish it didn't end on a cliffhanger. Stupid fucking bankruptcy.

I loved that series, and it had the best/worst cliffhanger ever. Thanos destroyed the universe. The End... and CANCELLED!

youtube.com/watch?v=zGdIEdjYMP8

I never heard anyone talk about Dragon Booster and whenever I brought it up to friends/classmates they just gave me a weird look.
It wasn't until I looked more into Nerd Corps that I found out it was, in fact, not a product of my imagination.

I still hear the theme song in my head sometimes.

what was that foreign cartoon with a cast primarily made up of fruit people and a single little girl?

Little freaks

Isn't there another show similar to this except they ride giant spider robots or something? I think it was called Spider Riders or something.

anyone remember animalia? I remember this show from that time with every tv channel switch to digital broadcast.

I remember an episode with an evil sumo with three butt-cheeks.

I never saw it, but I do remember it being advertised in old VHS copies of the Land Before Time sequels

It isn't Sup Forums but I saw Ghostwriter on tv once. I think I only saw the episode with the slime thing or whatever it was, and it gave me nightmares for a long time afterwards. I don't remember why though

That cartoon about a mummy and a black girl.
I don't remember the name of it.