What are your opinions on The Simpsons Movie, Sup Forums? Is it just as good as golden-era Simpsons...

What are your opinions on The Simpsons Movie, Sup Forums? Is it just as good as golden-era Simpsons? Or does it suffer from the same shit as zombie-era Simpsons?

I saw it in theaters and I cannot remember a thing about it.

I guess that says it all.

I remember being super excited when the first trailer played. I was 12 at the time however

This, I remember seeing it with my family when I was 14, but don't remember a damn thing about it. Has it really been 11 years?

I remember when the 7-11 by my grandma's house got changed to a Quik-e-Mart and you could buy Buzz Cola. It was actually really good.

It was k. It was a big thing in LA, I remember all the employees at the theater I watch it at were dressed as Simpson characters.

It’s about as good as when the series hadn’t gone downhill quite yet. You can pretty much just watch seasons 1-9 and the movie and be done.

Why was everyone unironically hyped to see a little boy's dick?

It's literally everything wrong with modern Simpsons in movie form.

That was cool.

The movie was decent, but I don't remember much about it other than I was reasonably satisfied. I think at the time I felt it was like a decent season 11-12 episode quality-wise.

I liked it. It definitely wasn’t as good as Simpsons in its prime, but it was still enjoyable

I'm still confused why they produced it to be made for the lowest common denominator in terms of audiences.

Micromanaging it to the point you put "Moes Bar" instead of just "Moes" over the place in case the four people who didn't get the joke were annoyed.

Same reason why they turned Wolfcastle into President Schwarzenegger.

I miss when 7-11 did the promotional thing where they turned into a qwik-E-mart. Those Simpsons donuts that look like the cartoon were excellent. They tasted like cake.

I hadn't heard anything about that scene beforehand and laughed so hard when it happened.

Whoa, nostalgia. Can't believe I've been an adult for almost a decade.

there's a lot of little and not so little things it did that were annoying, but overall it was okay

I've only seen it once and thought it was awful. Story was really uninspired and most jokes made me cringe, e.g. spider-pig, penis scene, boob lady

Thank god this shit didn't get a sequel

made me laugh, which is nice. Got to hear people discuss the show in the public for a bit, which was nice.

Penis scene was the only good scene in the entire movie. Stop being a contrarian faggot loser with not taste.

I wonder why the Academy didn't nominate The Simpsons Movie for Best Animated Feature. Is it for the same reason as The Lego Movie?

It was decidedly... in-between. Considerably better than a zombie story, but not nearly as comedically great as the old episodes.

It did go the Adult Swim route of "Now that we're at a higher rating, let's put in vulgarity for no reason" though.

I didn't see this yesterday, I saw it 11 years ago
and the dick joke was awkward.

I remember being hopeful that it'll show some of its golden age writing, but I actually can't remember a damn thing about the movie besides the penis scene and the escape to Alaska.
I don't even remember who the villain was.

>I saw it 11 years ago
Holy shit, it really did come out 11 years ago.

>I don't even remember who the villain was.
Some government guy who wanted to destroy Springfield.

That's lamer than I remembered.

Basically
>Bart's Penis
Now this is a crucial plot point right here, never fucking forget it.
>springfield is the worst place in America
>citizens clean up
>homer fucks up in one fell swoop
>gubment decide to lock them in a dome
>simpsons escape to alaska
>gubment decide to nuke springfield
>homer and bart save everyone and jumps the gorge

It wasnt "zombie" simpsons. It was good, not great.

A bit of half-and-half. If you’re a hardcore Simpsons fan who’s wanted to see the show finally end for quarter of a century, you’ll hate the media attention it got and how derivative it was.

However, if you’re a normie, or just a fan who’s more acceptant of the show’s fall from grace, it’ll be a pretty fun adventure. I’m in the latter category, but I get how the former has its points.

So bland.

It's pretty good, I'd say it's one of the obvious highlights of the Zombie Era.
Only real issues it has are the bits where it's obvious they're trying to make things accessible for an audience who doesn't watch the show.
>Lisa's new boyfriend who never shows up again
>"Moe's Bar"
>Albert Brooks as not Hank Scorpio, because Hank Scorpio is too obscure for casual viewers

The South Park movie makes next to no effort to cater to people who don't watch the show and it's so much better because of it.

>Completely pointless

Fuck, I completely forgot about that and it still fucking bothers me.

Mediocre but better then the tv episodes around that time.

The penis scene went on a little too long but the ending was kino and the shown penis was pretty cool as well.

>Implying the Academy actually watches anything other than the Best Picture/Best Director/Best Lead/etc. nominees
>Implying the Academy actually watches any of the Best Animation nominees

They outright admitted they just throw the award to Pixar because it's Pixar and they can't be assed to watch "children's cartoons".

They still put Comedy and Musical in the same category for fuck's sake, I can't understand how anyone with an IQ above 70 can possibly take any of these award shows seriously.

I really liked season 18

I feel like it was hokey but good hearted and had a lot of good jokes, the best thing about it was the high budget animation. A nice send off to classic Simpsons imo

Sadly the only thing anyone remembers is Spider-Pig

It was a collection of the best jokes that the current incarnation of writers had saved for such an occasion. That said, it was highly underwhelming and didn't even produce a chuckle out of me.

This movie came out 11 years ago. There have been 11 more seasons since they released this movie. I still have a 6 pack of Buzz Cola in my house

This. Good movie but the dumbing down for new audiences was terrible.
It can be done right as the my little pony movie proves but simpsons fucked that part up.

Why is Sup Forums so full of unironic faggots praising the appearance of a little boy's penis in a cartoon.

Fuck, we need a new world war.

Not saying there aren't tons of degenerates in this thread that got off to it, but I was 11 when that movie came out and I laughed my fucking ribs out when that happened.

At this point, why not just ditch the awards all together? Everyone hates it and the Academy admits to not giving a damn anyways.

Is it just so they can stroke each other's collective dicks?

It seems a little OOC to show Lisa skateboarding naked, don't you think?

Why would they even need to do this, it's not like the Simpson's wasn't the most beloved tv family for years.

>Is it just so they can stroke each other's collective dicks?
Yeah basically Hollywood loves to do this shit to make them feel more important.

Because executives and test audiences are retarded.

I find that funny because Simpson's made a joke about how stupid test audiences are in the poochy episode.

Not if you find a way to make her feel superior by doing it.

That was the best gag in the movie, tbqh.

You... you were supposed to ditch the awards long ago, user. The Academy Awards are specifically targeted at idiots.

Which says a lot about the "caliber" of jokes in the movie.

It occurs to me it's kind of sad that's the only recent movie based on a show. Nothing else was fresh enough in my memory to use.

True.

I was kind of bothered by that but I decided I won't let myself hate a great scene because of it and it would have been hard to force it in there anyway.

That only thing I remotely remember form the movies was some guy standing up and screaming "Thats bullshit" during the scene where homer gets kicked out of the cabin in Alaska

>his local store doesn't sell said donuts

You poor soul

Was just out of high school when it came out and I remember actually laughing at parts of it.
I watched it again about two weeks ago and I think it still holds up okay and has some funny parts at the beginning, it goes to crap after they leave the dome though.

I remember liking it

Spider-pig

Oh I don't watch them, I've just followed discussions about how bad they've become/are.