Pulp

Is there any chance of pulp coming back, or have capes killed it forever?

Eh? What do you call all the pulp books from the past ten plus years?

Are you asking if they can be mainstream again?

There are tons of pulp comics, it's probably the (admittedly distant) second most popular mega-genre past cape.

>ITT user asks if pulp will come back and other anons tell him sanitized versions exits.

pulp is smut. and because of that it will never be allowed to exist as it was.

Not sure why, but I can't help but feel you're talking out of your ass. Perhaps it's because I have functioning eyes.

Sure, if that helps. What will it take for actual adventures(not just glorified fight scenes) devoid of power levels bullshit to be popular again?

>MUH CHEESECAKE
Kill yourself.

>pulp is so dead, nobody even wants to talk about it

Can we just get Crimson Skies comics, or stories or anything? Pic not really related to that obviously.
Also is there some source for pulp stuff?

>the historical revisionism ITT
Pulp isn't a genre. It was all about cheap thrills that catered to the lowest common denominator, it lives on in network TV and those romance "novels" at wal-mart.

>Also is there some source for pulp stuff?
Probably not, and if there is, I don't know it. I doubt anyone even publishes pulp works anymore.

I vaguely recall some archive on /t/ and a collection of short stories on some website. But I never found some more complete works for what I was looking for.
Which was mostly aircraft related stuff.

You're right but pulp fanatics want those cheap thrills served up with anachronistic clothing and technology.

... And that's a bad thing?

>stop having fun guys

I'm not knocking it, I like seeing those 1930-40s fashions and aviation and all that but most people don't give a shit and most attempts to make pulp will obnoxiously draw attention to how racist/sexist/problematic everything you love about it.

I mean, the point of this thread is that some folks want new pulp material. Said material would naturally explore those issues or remove them, and frankly, I'm good with either.

Almost all comics are pulp

Well it is possible to do without any of those. Going back to CS for example.

But also what said.

>ASSBAR
Pulp and the incoherent ramblings of an insane Sup Forumstard are not the same thing.

t. roastie

>the point of this thread is that some folks want new pulp material

On that note, just read Brubraker stuff man it ain't hard.

>someone wants new material
>tell them to read old material

I read that as "new" meaning modern, not "new" meaning it has to be an ongoing at this very moment.

Seriously though, is there any way for pulp to make a comeback? It's more or less capes without the power levels, so maybe people will eventually get sick of capeshit desperately trying to be Dragon Ball.

Man, I miss Zinda so much. I'm so angry that Snyder gave her name to Hawkgirl for NO FREAKING REASON.

Have you read anything Brubaker's been writing for the past five years, dude?

I miss Reed more

>that monochrome picture
>she's either dead, or hasn't reached the present yet
Either way, lame.

>tfw we will likely never get a new Blackhawks series with Zinda as the lead character

No, and I don't see why I should. I've learned to be wary of any writer someone on Sup Forums tries to talk up.

I'm not talking him up, I'm just saying he's writing pulp.

>you should go read Brubaker
Sounds like a rec to me.

You're the one who said they wanted pulp back. I personally think Brubaker is massively overrated. He's got talent, but eh.

But he's definitely writing pulp.

One person writing pulp doesn't count as a comeback.