In the Megaman universe, you have humans that live under the oceans, in the skies and even in some space colonies...

In the Megaman universe, you have humans that live under the oceans, in the skies and even in some space colonies. Yet in the Marvel and DC, humans are living in regular cities, despite all of the knowledge and tech round them. Why? Humans seem so restricted.

Robots live there

I dont care how dense and advance that glass is supposed to be that’s a an SSS+++ disaster just waiting to happen. Especially in a universe that has a robot war happening every other week.

Both marvel and DC have hostile fish people who would definitely cause havoc on any undersea city built by mankind.

Humanity is on the verge of extinction in Megaman Timeline.

The Battle Network and Star series humanity is thriving.

There is a village full of people located on the head, shoulders and tits of massive giant in the marvel universe.

Yes and no.
The Earth gets majorly fucked up post X5 all the way up to Zero 4, but not only are humans thriving, they're becoming more and more immortal. By the time thr ZX series comes around, the only way to distinguish between humans and Reploids is that Reploids have red triangles on their heads. In fact, ZX1 has a human and replicant couple talking about getting married and in ZX2, thr replicant is pregnant.

Then after ZX the Earth get flooded to all fuck and Legends happen.
>tfw no ZX3

Actually what happens is earth continues getting fucked up to the point humans have to fuck off to space colonies, then become cyborg demigods while everyone left back on earth dies out. Then the cyborg demigods die out, I assume because they forgot how to use their dicks, but clone the earth humans back into existence before kicking the bucket. THEN the planet floods and the cloned kinda humans are left with no fucking clue about where what or how for anything.

Because Marvel and DC desperately want to keep the illusion of relatability.

>DS got the ZX duology
>PSP got Powered Up

Anyone else feel like it should've been the other way around?

Powered Up's level editor with a touch screen interface would've been great.

I guess cause if you push tech so much, it starts feeling really foreign and it's hard to do the same stories in a sci fi settings. I mean, street level would change drastically.

Then again The end of Black Panther has T'Challa opening up his tech with the rest of the world.

This is probably why by the end of mmx 6 the robot apocalypse is officially over, and the human population is less than 1 mil.

Audiences have this nasty habit of getting aggressively autistic whenever the subject of underwater settings come up.
>HUUULRRR YOU CAN SMELT METAL UNDERWATER
>WATER IS THE ONLY ENVIRONMENT IN WATER
>HUMANS HAVE NO USE FOR OCEANS
Either folks really despise having to think about -science- fiction, or the whole Save the Whales thing really traumatized people. Or maybe it's a side effect of the Aquaman meme, who knows.

And then Capcom blueballs the fans for over a decade.

This. It's like how everyone claims the Death Star hole was a massive plot hole when A) It's an exhaust port and B) It's a 2 foot wide hole on a moon size ship, of course it's overlooked.

But nitpickers just can't get that because they never think of probabilities in universe.

I really like the way the mm series is optimistic and glazes over the end of humanity and the robot uprising.

So the Classic series features essentially Chobits, robots capable of understanding humans and even imitating their emotions given enough time, but they're essentially asimov droids. The begining of the X series sees robots that are now obviously robots still, but are mentally on the level, if not superior to humanity at this point, and humanity begins to decline with the maverick rebellion, leading to a colony drop, which reduces the human pop to less than a million, and confines them to one city, as robots begin to take over, trying to terraform the earth.

By the time Zero series comes around, you have robots losing their robotic features in favor of fashionably imitating the humans they're gradually replacing, while humans have embraced cybernetics to the point where less than a hundred years later you have robots that are interchangeable, component wise to humans, and are even capable of cross breeding, they're true synthetic life forms, that have a forced life time to ensure no overpop.

By the time legends comes around, there are no humans or machines, everyone is a "carbon", human machines that perfectly emulate us in every way.

As it turns out, our world doesn't end with a bang, or a whimper, but with a delighted sigh.

That ain't the only reason domed cities are dumb. Even if we assume the domes are only covering districts and not the whole city, that's still entirely too much glass. Logistically, it's unfeasible to make a glass dome that huge and cover any amount of large space with it. Not to mention it retards expansion, which cities tend to do.

A more logical idea for an aquatic city is as a collection of floating platforms, each building essentially being a glorified buoy anchored to the sea floor. And I promise you, each building having an airlock is a fuck sight cheaper in the long run than a giant glass dome.

There were a lot of bangs on the road to the end of the world. More like the world ended with a series of silly ahegao faces

Seriously. The real plot hole is that there was apparent only one. Really, the space station which is so massive it was famously initially mistaken for a moon, only has ONE exterior exhaust port, does it? Yeah, okay.

This. We could have platforms on the ocean, the topside of which is used for agriculture, with all of the residences built beneath them, anchored to geothermal power plants on the ocean floor. The residences descend about 100 feet down, needing to get more and more pressure resistant as you go. Like high rise apartments, having any kind of glass window would be a luxury. Transportation in this "city" would be easy enough, a freight elevator goes up and down every fifteen minutes, from topside to level ten, but glass would be an extreme luxury.

But when does the Battle Network series is set in this timeline?

Yeah, but we don't need to mention the mainstay of Zero's lead artist.

BN is supposed to be an alternate universe, but the only date we're given is "200X", as opposed to 20XX in mmClassic, which, as the game was released in 2003, it could very well imply our smartphones should have been sentient by 2010.

It's an alternate universe where Dr. Light specialized in network technology over robotics. Starforce I think is a continuation of that timeline. I stopped following by then.

Thanks,I've never played Star Force, is it good?

Never played it, but saw gameplay footage. Looks more the same, but the battle system was overhauled to appear as 3d camera views from behind, which really killed it for me.

Starforce has the best waifus, till this day the war between Soniafags and Lunafags continues

Speaking of transport, I guess residents would have sort of minisubs that are basically just cars. And to get into places, one has to either use the air lock, or... I don't know the actual term for this. Y'know how sometimes a cave entrance is curved in a sort of J shape, and that keeps the water outside from flooding in? That, the floating buildings would have an entrance like that to reduce the inconvenience of standing in an airlock for five minutes everytime.

It's so weird. I never heard of people whinging about this "plot hole" before Rogue One came out.

A moon pool.

Rapture you'd need it, I just imagine a built in sub-way. Get it? Sub way? Like a subma- oh fuck it.

>both Marvel and DC have hostile underwater natives that would kick their shit in
>Both Marvel and DC have millions on millions hostile alien life many of which police who gets to colonize in space.

are we done here?

The whole megaman timeline is really depressing

I did, but they got shut down so fucking hard it's strange that Disney felt a movie needed to be made around it. I guess the autistic screeching of minor factions does count.

Wouldn't stop them from modernizing their current cities into something more comfortable/efficient/safe.

I belive there was a comic print where they changed the status quo regularly so if they invented robots society would change acordingly. eventually it became to defferent of a society for readers to relate. I pretty much became a science fiction comic book print. I lost its readership bacause the changed the world to much.

Thats a shame, but at the same time understandable.

Is it though? "MUH RELATABILITY" is a pretty shallow and meaningless criticism of any work, essentially complaining that a work of fiction is not exactly like your own life. I don't relate at all to Wonder Woman, but I still like her and empathize with the ungodly amounts of bullshit she has to put up with.

It's especially stupid in settings that boil down to "like our world, but with [insert fantastical element here]". It doesn't matter if said element is robots or superheroes, logically, things would be massively different in pretty much all regards. The only thing the attempts at keeping the setting "grounded" accomplishes is to make the setting boring. If I wanted to read a story that's about the real world, I'd watch the news instead of reading a comic book.

Yes, the buoys need a moon pool/wet porch. Same with the larger submarines.

The "cars" would likely also have to be amphibious, since this civilization would probably hollow out landmasses such as plateaus, mountains, etc.

>Is it though? "MUH RELATABILITY" is a pretty shallow and meaningless criticism of any work, essentially complaining that a work of fiction is not exactly like your own lif
I meant that more in therms of sales (assuming the changes in the setting were what driven the sales down), i agree with you in the relatability thing though, forcing that into everything is just bullshit.

>assuming the changes in the setting were what driven the sales down
Sadly, that may be the case. Everyone seems to obsessed with relatability these days. If that book lost its audience because it dared to remember it's a sci-fi story, then frankly the masses deserve the cookie cutter crap that publishers continue to pump out.

The irony is that a well thought out fictional setting can often feel very relatable. Take Beyond Good and Evil for example. The game starts with aliens attacking the city, and the protagonist, Jade, tries to boot up the force field that protects her house from these monsters. The force field flickers out because Jade is late in paying her power bill. Despite being a fantastical setting, that is some real shit right there.

In the desire to make everything relatable, audiences and creators have lost sight of what that word actually means, and have equated it to, well, boring, for lack of a better word.

>neither DC nor Marvel have robot mermaids
Pfft. The Atlantean technology of either world fails to impress.

Splash Woman is cute. CUTE!

Hold on, what exactly is the point of the domes being glass? Is it a lighting thing? Cause street lamps would be perfectly sufficient.

I agree with Albert on one thing. The Megaman world needs to be reset.

Humans only. Robot genocide now!

Bump.

By Legends, they are extinct.

Surprised it took so long, honestly. In Automata, the humans were already proper fucked by the first-ish game.

By the way, are carbons supposed to be robots, or are they more like Blade Runner replicants? I could never tell.

replicants, I think

Holy Shit. Is everyone in that timeline massively incompetent?

>HUMANS HAVE NO USE FOR OCEANS

I shit you not, that is actually one of the things these idiots say. I don't fucking even, user.

Why? The world--No universe is populated with larger than life characters.

But larger than life characters just aren't relatable, user. We need to keep everything relatable so the audience can relate to everything.

That is bullshit...but I believe it.

I mean, just look at Aquaman's history. Dude mostly fights crime on the surface instead of in his own damn country of which he is ruler. Why? Because the surface world is where the readers live. It's fucking retarded.

I think they were kinda human clones but not totally humans because they could reproduce with reploids

Thanks doctor light.

Reploids were gone by then. Carbons are indistinguishable from humans, they're just artificially made.