So inb4 lolicon, blah blah blah

So inb4 lolicon, blah blah blah...

But real talk, if Disney owns Marvel, why haven't they done anything with the Power Pack yet? I mean, kid superheroes, and it's Disney.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ME8xvz2iHKQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spy_Kids:_All_the_Time_in_the_World
youtube.com/watch?v=fYYzFj5UVvY
geek.com/movies/mcu-news-a-power-pack-movie-a-punisher-teaser-cable-and-more-1716608/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Disney doesn't give single fuck. Disney only cares about how much cash they can such up from big series and shows. Power Pack just doesn't have any of the huge consumer base that most other Marvel properties have, and thus it will never be revived in any way whatsoever.

If that's the case why did Disney make Guardians of The Galaxy go from C to A-listers?

My point exactly. Disney saw potential in Guardians of the Galaxy, put the Disney Machine behind it, and even if you hate it the machine works, and bam.

The Power Pack is a bunch of kids that collectively tick just about every box Disney's interested in marketing-wise and hang out with the other big players in the Marvel Universe. How are they not everywhere already?

It is a little odd.
I guess they want to avoid kids because the actors grow up too fast for many sequels.

Cause the last Live Action Power Pack Project failed immediately.
>youtube.com/watch?v=ME8xvz2iHKQ

Granted, but no cartoon, at least? I figure someone else must be holding onto those rights, but I don't know who.

A new live-action PP show, taking place in the MCU, could be a hit on Disney Channel or XD.

Disney puts most of their money into live action. Live action kid heroes like Power Pack would have a very short shelf life.

Didn't this happen with Spy Kids?

>Spy Kids
That franchise pathologically annoyed me in a way I can't explain.

Which illustrates the difficulty of doing live action kids movies. Spy Kids had low budgets and rapid releases for 3 years and then nothing until a soft reboot in 2011. In contrast, it takes about three years for most MCU films to get a sequel.

Well, it's very much a product of its time and hasn't held up well at all.

Another kid-friendly superhero team is superfluous for Disney right now. Big Hero 6 caught Disney's eye with the japanese aesthetic, the boy inventor story and the fact they could easily mold it into their own ip. That was probably Power Pack's only shot. After that, they have Incredibles as another g-rated superteam, and they are willing to make any of their Marvel ips into more g-rated fare for television anyway.

The thing about Power Pack is, that they had more value back then when Marvel was its own company and wanted to make a slice of their books for little kid audiences, without compromising all their other books.

Yeah a cartoon could be a good idea.

>soft reboot in 2011
Wait what?

>hasn't held up well at all.
Maybe but that God stays in heaven line is still amazing.
It's like something you would expect from an ancient philosopher.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spy_Kids:_All_the_Time_in_the_World
I was surprised this existed as well.

By which I mean that whole "kid spies/detectives" fad which was popular in the 2000s.

Either that or "kid whose parents are secret spies/detectives".

youtube.com/watch?v=fYYzFj5UVvY

Derp.

>0:31
>loli character in her bloomers
This franchise shouldn't be revived for good reason.

Actually I'm surprised they didn't revive PP in the 2000s because and because 80s nostalgia was really big then.

To be fair, Power Pack was out in the 80s when they probably didn't think anything was lewd about that.

>So inb4 lolicon, blah blah blah...
You literally made this thread to start one of those tumblr pedo witch hunt virtue signalling fiesta.
Why?

You do know that the linework was done by a female penciler (June Brigman). If you're a woman, then it's ok to draw little girl characters in their skivvies. Only becomes creepy if you're a dude.

Alexa Vega grew up to be amazingly unattractive.

>The thing about Power Pack is, that they had more value back then when Marvel was its own company and wanted to make a slice of their books for little kid audiences
I take it you never read the things. They were more dark than it looks at first glance and had a lot of social commentary.

*Definitely* depends on the woman. I know this from experience. Can get super creepy.

Yeahyeah we know Rebecca Sugar is a closet shotacon.

All the same, being female does let them get away with a level of creepiness men can't.

>why haven't they done anything with Power Pack yet?

>Disney makes the Power Pack live action
>The children will be Black, Indian, Mexican, and Chinese
>the villain will remain a white character but won't get much screentime
>it will get 5 seasons
>season 3 will actually have decent writing for a children's television show
>After the show Disney nor any company will make new Power Pack content
>the series will die with the television show being the last memory in everyone's mind

Also they won't show Katie in her skivvies because reasons.

The actors would age too quickly. Once they start letting animated movies and/or shows be actually canonical with the MCU unlike the GOTG cartoon, they will make Power Pack as a series of animated movies or show seasons canonical to the MCU, but with them only crossing over into live action maybe once or twice in teamup movies.

Unless, automated cg facial augmentation becomes good enough that they could make several live action movies or tv show seasons where they could just record the facial expressions of some kid actors at various ages in their lives and add them onto the bodies of different live action actors filmed at times that may not be concurrent with the live action filming for some movies or tv seasons.

Franklin Richards

Couple of Simpsons episodes with Lisa panty shots all had female animation directors.

Only one of the characters is a loli though.

The fact that this thread didn't immediately turn into loli posting means the Sup Forums I knew is long dead.

I don't think there's much of any fanart of Power Pack anyway.

>The children will be Black, Indian, Mexican, and Chinese
Also one is transgendered.

It's actually aged fairly well because they avoided giving the characters obviously period clothing and hairstyles that would date the comics to that time.

Cool, I guess I was wrong then.

You brought up lolicon, not me, OP.

Power Pack cold be a great kids' show.

Seriously, how was this not the first post?

There were talks of a potential movie months ago but I don't they'll go through with it now that they have FF. A power pack show would be good for getting kids into marvel if they play their cards right.

They aged up Julie and ruined her character in runaways. She has PTSD from having cool powers and saving the world despite the fact she was enjoying herself in her own books. I just saved you from having to care about what modern marvel does with them.

Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me.

Not diverse enough.

>the Sup Forums I knew is long dead.
YAY!

>cold be a great kids show

lal

Miss one key press and they never let you hear the end of it.

Kim Possible and all those kind of shows.

That thing must have had about a $25 budget.

>1:34
AH HA HA HA!

Remember when TV was actually important enough that you could punish kids by not letting them watch it?

That line did always stand out to me, even as a kid. Kinda took me by surprise. I was like 12 when it came out, and suddenly Steve Buscemi drops some heavy shit for me to think about.

This is so amazingly, terribly dated I had to laugh out loud at it.

Oh yes I do.

God I miss Motorcity and Tron Uprising

What I wouldn't give for another season of those

8/10

It was pretty low budget 2000s schlock.

OP, you're not going to get Katie R34 that easily.

If you believe the rumors then they are doing something with it.

Multiple spoiler sources have said that John Ridley’s secret Marvel project is Power Pack. Last they revealed it was still in development with ABC as the network. I’m guessing they’ll move it elsewhere though, probably either Hulu or Freeform.

Unless it's done as a cartoon, yes, using kid actors is a bit of a problem.

I imagine they don't want to encourage the pedo/lolicon audience.

Nice way to outline underage characters' buttocks, Marvel.

It's actually a pretty common practice in comics where the artist just draws a nude body and paints the clothing over it. That's because artists are lazy and don't want to put in the extra effort to draw the lines and folds of clothing.

>is a 2011 American 4D spy adventure comedy

As someone else said, June Brigman penciled the original run of PP and she was hired for her expertise in drawing children. Like most professional artists, she probably worked by outlining nude bodies which the inking team colored in. Children are surprisingly difficult to draw (in a realistic manner as opposed to a cartoony one).

The original outfits that PP wore were really 70s looking, especially their boots have that KISS vibe to them. It was only a couple years after the 70s and comic artists of that time would have probably been strongly influenced by those styles.

The OP actually shows the 2000s PP run which had updated character designs that look very anime-influenced.

The 2000s designs look vastly nicer and more appealing than the original ones from the 80s.

>The original outfits that PP wore were really 70s looking
Considering the series debuted in 1984, it was already outdated then.

As I explained, it was a few short years after the 70s and artists at that time were strongly influenced by those styles. And yes, their costumes do have that late 70s look to them probably because Ms. Brigman was in college back then and that was what she learned to draw.

Rob Liefeld also never did learn how to draw anything but early 90s outfits and hairstyles on his characters.

>why haven't they done anything with the Power Pack yet?
This, New Mutants and the Runnaways should go to Disney Channel, they can put Champions there too, who cares

western mega-man or capcom ish but pretty decent. not weeb at all but very well crafted with anime aesthetics. these faces have legit human emotions.

i dont know bout this series at all. too bad this shit couldnt get popular or maybe it was just too early. i dont need those fugly modern comics/cartoons full of retarded optimistic faces

Children are a less lucrative market than manchildren

geek.com/movies/mcu-news-a-power-pack-movie-a-punisher-teaser-cable-and-more-1716608/

Since this is a Power Pack thread, people should pester Marvel to finally release the remainder of the series on Marvel Unlimited so we can have it in decent quality.

They have 1-27, 35, 40, 42-44 out of 62 issues.
Missing issues: 28-34, 36-39, 41, 43-62
Email: [email protected]

>Children are surprisingly difficult to draw
And if you look up reference material, you go to jail!

Big Hero 6

The biggest problem with Power Pack and the thing that makes it unmarketable as a movie/show is that it goes against the social narrative of telling whites not to have white children. If they have one white daughter, and 3 adopted brown/disabled kids, then you'd have your movie/show in no time.

The villian is an alien lizard though. But I guess he could be played/disguised as a white?

katie is so cute

Not if you're a woman because dubble stndrds.

They're all siblings retard.

Not sure, to me it seems obvious. PP is intrinsically linked to the Fantastic Four, without the rights to the FF they would have to leave out a huge part of thrir legacy.

Not to say it couldn't be done but it would feel incomplete without the FF being involved in some way.

But that could all change with the Fox deal.

Because it's not true, or because the truth makes you uncomfortable and you'd like to be replaced in peace?

Dead on friend-o. Marvel is now a big part of the social engineering machine.

If they made a new Power Pack all the kids would be woke minorities fighting old Republican supervillains. Better it stays dead.

O hai Nathan Poe.

Probably no one at Disney is aware they have this other than Reynold from accounting.

I want to fuck Gurihiru designs

Marvel were always fairly liberal ever since the 60s.

I just want there to be a Power Pack cartoon series. Is that too much to ask? I can see it doing pretty well.

I don't feel like reading the rest of the posts, so idk if anyone brought it up, but I'm pretty sure one of them girls is a grown up lesbian appearing in a current book.