Why is everyone acting like Black Panther is the first Black cape movie?

Why is everyone acting like Black Panther is the first Black cape movie?

Just like everyone pretended Wonder Woman was the first superheroine movie

Clickbait is a new religion. People think what they're told. Just as some thing white genocide is a thing, some think this is the first black cape movie. Just as all good christians had to go see Man of Steel, all women had to see Wonder Woman. They were told to die in a culture war not of their making by their corporate masters, so march they must.

Because black people are so ashamed of Shaq's acting career that they deny it ever happened.

I like how many of the people hyping Black Panther completely ignore the Blade Trilogy.

Thats stupid though, corporations cant get money from people that hate their message and most normal people hate that same message. Its why movie sales are so bad lately

Best black superhero coming through
Also got a movie before the Virgin Panther

best villains and secret Simon Phoenix origin story by the look of that hair

you miss the point I guess.

It's not important that it be the first, just important that it (and other films like it) exist and continue to be made

It wouldn't really be progress to make one black lead superhero film and then never do it again. I think you'll find that even with the several black hero films before Black Panther, the greater majority of superhero movies had a white lead

>everyone
>that One person claiming their seven your old grandson thinks the marketing of Black Panther means blacks are allowed to be super heroes
I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE HE'S A STUPID KID (SUPPOSEDLY) SAYING STUPID SHIT BECAUSE IT'S 2018 AND HE DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SUPERHERO MOVIES BEYOND A FEW YEARS AGO

Only 13% of Hollywood movies should have a black lead to properly represent the actual population. I wonder if someone ever counted that.

I WANT A BLADE REMAKE.

JUST TO REMIND DUMB FUCKS THOSE MOVIES EXIST AND ARE TOTALLY AWESOME (at least the first two).

The first and only recorded badass use of a slinky

>everyone

Nobody has said that. You're just being neurotic.

I don't think anyone is acting like that. It's definitely the first relevant black cape movie in recent times, which is definitely something that people want to talk about.

Mods, please do your job and send these fucks back to Sup Forums until they learn how to better word their OPs.

Who is saying it's the first black super hero movie? Why would you make remakes just to remind people when the simpler answer is to rerelease the movie "remastered" or something?

Why do you post

like this?

Wellll, Marvel does have the rights back.....

What clickbait said it's the first black superhero movie?

and only if they take place in the USA. If they take place elsewhere, that % goes way lower.

Snipes escaping the Taxman in Africa and basically turning off his career for a decade did not do him favours in the long run.

it's almost like they're using specific language where the words have precise meanings you don't understand

like blockbuster

Or don't know that Blade is based off of a comic. I don't think we even talk about the comic here.
I don't get the logic of assuming people are "ignoring" something because they aren't actively recalling something you're assuming everyone knows about.

>Thats stupid though, corporations cant get money from people that hate their message
They're not trying to. They're trying to galvanize their consumer base and guilt them into buying. "You're not a good X if you don't support this!" is the new rallying cry. Just as its echo is "You're Anti-X if you don't!"
The people that hate your message? They're free marketing. They stoke the fires for you, and they do it for free.

At the same time the amount of Caucasian leads goes down massively so you’d better get to complaining about too many white people leads in international movies.

Make way for the superior hero

Spawn,Blade,Hancock...

Like lethal weapon?

Thanks, user
Saw it as a child but couldn't for the love of me remember the title