Detective Comics #974 Storytime

Knight's Fall.

The Death of Clayface, and the rise of...?

Thanks for reading. Support your local comic shop.

Hal Jordan/GLC: Injustice: New Super-Man:

THAT MOTHERFUCKER

A little self-righteous, Bruce, for somebody who keeps Jason Todd around.

Can Tynion cut it out with the buzzcut?

What a shit issue

>future tim could have prevented this
but once again he let us down

I was wondering if he'd ever get to do something.

Batwoman literally did nothing wrong

Future People always get terminal vagueness. It is a result of time travel.

>symbol
>Special
Cass its the symbol of a demon

tynion hates steph so much he just writes her out again, fucking lol

I mean, no, she didn't, but if this is how she wants to operate she should've just been a cop. She signed on with the batcrew, she has to play by their rules.
Still, it's one of those times where both sides have a point. That's good, I like that; I feel like, lately, whenever an author attempts that, one side has a vastly superior point

>using Kaiju in actual conversation
>in English

What a weeeeeeeeeeeb.

Batman doesn't let anybody fuck with the value of his brand, which includes his color rogues gallery.

Maybe Batwoman should rape the Joker

Nah, Batman's just being autistic about killing.

Exactly.

Fucking THOT.

The death of Clayface always means one thing and only one really important thing. The rise of Clayass.

I thought Sup Forums loved Murder Jason post-Rebirth.

Is there a person alive who unironically likes Jason Todd?

He seems to have most of the fucking fanfiction.

more like

Did Jason even murder post-Rebirth?

I've reread this page like 4 times and I'm still not sure why she's leaving. It's so vague, and I swear the wording was ripped from a romcom

Actually, Batman has TWO murderous Robins. Though both have mellowed.

Steph has always been flaky, prone to running off over the slightest pressure. She'll be back. They always crawl back.

It's "Tynion's extremely gay for Tim and wants the blonde bitch gone"

To Jason's credit, unlike Damian, he wasn't sent to Hell to spook him into doing so. And to Damian's credit, it's admirable that instead of using it as an excuse to just be evil since all the good he had done as Robin wasn't enough to save him from (almost) eternal damnation, he decided to try and do better instead.

Bruce would get even more mad about that.

It's true, he has first dibs.

At least she's stopped her embarrassing "protesting against masked vigilantes by being a masked vigilante except listening to a super villain." That was just dumb as hell.

Kate is a cunt.

Kate did nothing wrong.

Does Cass have any friends left to lose? Aside from Harper

Kate may have done a few things wrong.

Killing your teammates is wrong.

Shove off, SJW scum.

so how many times are we gonna recreate this cover again?

There are no iconic "modern" comic covers. So too bad.

Has she regained her friendship with Azrael or Steph?

Rebirth Flash hug might be there. We'll see.

No and yes (off panel).

Azrael is reasonable.

You could have stopped it, Drake, but you stopped yourself from stopping it.

that bottom panel is going to have an /aco/ edit in no time

There is NOTHING "better" about letting people die just to keep blood off your selfish hands.

That said, Kate not going into some kind of custody is pretty odd.

'm also hoping they put in some proper consequences this time. no half hearted forgiveness or a telling off. If the death sticks then Kate just killed a person and there should be consequences both moral and legal. I agree with doing what needs to be done, but equally you have to face the consequences of your actions, I doubt any of this will happen though considering the only hard evidence is a bullet and mound of clay but it would definitely make the book more interesting.

Kate doesnt seem very sad that someone she has been on a team with just died. I get the whole justify the ends thing but pretty cold!

Kate literally did nothing wrong. Hal Jordan also kills bad guys.

Is that Trigon dunking Damian into the lava?

She has her ballerina waifu.

Yeah me.

Kate can be ice cold.

Cass's view of the symbol is she looks at it in a different point of view from the "demon" angle. She views it in a completely different light.

Tomasi couldn't come sooner, shame that there's gonna be one more volume of this.

guy knew what he was doing, he was stuck in the friendzone and decided to fake his death to come back and fuck cass. quite smart

Writing is not stellar, to say something.

Cass and the like not mentioning that Jason is actually still killing people with a bat in his chest.
Tim being a mess, totally,. broking wrongly, because let's be honest, he doesn't break that way. His breaks are way more dramatic and... I dunno, self-content. You can see him totally flick and get mad, but in a cold, desperate slow motion fashion.
Kate being... I dunno, I don't like here neither.
Noone mentioning that there are other ways to deal with Clayzilla, at all. Like, I dunno, freezing him or something, until they can stabilize him, or something.
Steph being totally unsupportive and dumb, and banal.
Plot is pompous and dramatically forced.

I just remembered why I don't read things by Tyrion. And it's not like the art in tec is driving me in, either. I get that he did some things nicely so far, but overall, this is the reason why I'm just reading tec when I know something is going to hit the fan.

RAPE

hol UP

U BE SAYIN WE WAZ KANGS AND ROBINZ

To make myself more clear.
Tim has just got back from who knows how long imprisoned alone, after being shocked by a clearly wrong version of himself with a totally bad future onwards, he has been investing all his efforts in a project, the Knights team and base, which is what he actually enjoys and lifes for, more than any more "normal" stuff like, say, college, which is totally understable because his personal history and because he's a fucking vigilante... and this cunt just blows up in his face, insensitive as hell, and tells some clearly cruel things because she thinks she knowsbetter than him what he needs, and gives him no real help afterwards and strikes him with the door in his nose.

I don't know, but, wasn't Steph bratty and dumb, sure, but totally empathic before?

I'm not a fan of Tim but this is some awful character interactions between two people that supposedly love each other..

kek

LOL

>TIM WHATS WRONG, I SAW HER GO

WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE

I mean, goddammit, the kid has lost this team and his place and she just goes and does that. Insensitive as fuck. Instead of calling on his problems and fuck off, be supportive and refocus his obsessive behaviour and efforts into some other project that liberates his anxiety.

God, I hate comics.

they made him look pathetic here

okay wow, this page is the best thing he has ever written

Jason hasn't been killing people recently

That's part of his deal with Bruce

On screen, on Gotham, and since rebirth alone.
He did in the vol. 1, and the RH/A too, I think. It seems it wasn't a problem then, but it is now. I mean, come on, writing should be al least a bit more consistent with the previous history. Bring another reason to the table for the ripping the bat and the disgust. I can think of at least two out of my hat right now.

I'm so mad at this writing, fuck. I wish my English was better, because then my ramplant rage would be like the voice of the literal thunder.

Aren't Bruce, Dick and Damian the only ones that consider him a real part of the family?
Kate and the rest of the team dislike Jason, and it was evident that they don't really care about him when they fought his team a few issues ago in the Outlaws.

For fucks sake he was a recovering patient. He confided and trusted you to make him better.

I would have preferred Bruce knocking her out, but this would do.
Good, the writer isn't a total hack. The batfamily should have standards.

Tim also does, and he was counting with him in the system he was organizing.

The others, who knows, but Bruce, DIck, Tim, Damian, Babs and Duke count him as family and are in relatively good terms with him.

Tim always looks pathetic, so that isn't so hard to do.

So Good Clayface is fucking dead?

This sounds fucking horrible, I love good guy monsters.

Guess she forgot to be self righteous about it when they fought Jason

Well it stops future authors making him turn bad for the shock factor, so now he at least died being good.