Why did they hire an A-List actor to play a C-List villain? what a waste

why did they hire an A-List actor to play a C-List villain? what a waste

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y0vALbyiFl8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love Andy Serkis, but I think you're confused as to what A-List means.

Andy Serkis is great but he's definitely not an A-list actor. He rarely ever appears in a non-mocap role.

>A-List

Ignoring the fact that Serkis is absolutely not an A-list actor, Klaw is BP's most well-known villain.

I don't mind it as much because we got him in AoU too, but he was chewing up scenery like he was at a buffet in BP. He was fantastic.

you people apparently don't have a clue yourselves. that motherfucker had worldwide fame due to his portrayal of gollum. just because you don't see his face in all the movies, doesn't mean he's not a-list. someone starting in pretty much every major franchise (lord of the rings, planet of the apes, MCU, star wars) is literally A-list material. at this point, it doesn't matter in any way whether it's mo-cap or real life

>Gollum
Gollum is famous not him, people KNOW Andy Serkis but he's not really superfamous or A List.
He is however a really good actor.

I wanted the retarded sound monster...

not to be rude or anything but you people apparently have no idea what A-list actually means. the guy is literally THE very first choice when it comes to mo-cap acting. that is literally the definition of A-list

The MCU has done a pretty good job of misusing its villains, so were you honestly surprised OP?

wait, did they actually kill him off before letting him use his tech?

I'd consider Andy Serkis more "B list". Not quite on the level where an audience would be convinced to watch a movie simply because he's in it, but definitely paid enough and has enough money from franchises to be consider near the top of the craft.

Negative. Personally I preferred the movie design than a stub mounted speaker.

>implying that Klaw wasnt the best character in the movie

Klaw is a bigger villain than fucking Killmonger

I was really hoping we would get sonic Klaw as the main third act villain in this movie

Most A-list actors ONLY want to play one-off villains in these movies because they don't want to be stuck with the franchise for the foreseeable future.

This. Actors with major futures don't want to be stuck doing 10 sequels for the next 20 years until they're acting prime is over.

It's the B and C listers, that are well aware this is probably the only major gig they'll ever get that sign off on all the sequels.

There's also the fact that barring Loki most MCU villains are treated like crap, just generic thugs for the pretty heroes to quip at and beat up. Look at how they treated Whiplash.

Andy Serkis is not A-list. He is not instantly recognizable, he is simply not that popular. All people know roles he played (Gollum, King Kong, Snoke, Caesar), but not the man himself.

>just because you don't see his face in all the movies, doesn't mean he's not a-list.

Actually that's the fucking definition of being an A-list.

He is B-list at best.

Serkis is only really good when he's allowed to really ham it up and overact a bit.
His mocap expirience allows him to really go all out with his body language.

youtube.com/watch?v=y0vALbyiFl8

Not A-list.

But definitely A-grade.