It's about soccer

It's about soccer...

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/football-games-air-only-11-minutes-of-action-2010-1)
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nooth did nothing wrong.

>Soccer is a barbaric sport for throwbacks

We know, Europe, we know.

do you mean football?

No, he's talking about fall-to-the-ground-and-pretend-to-be-injured ball.

is it worth going to the theaters for?
tfw only Sup Forums movie im absolutely hype for is isle of dogs and thats already coming out next month

Oh! You mean divegrass?

Only if it’s like a matinee showing.

I went in expecting a cave man adventure similar to the crudes. Wasn’t expecting it to be mighty ducks but with football.

Football, you yank.

>American football
>only use feet for field goals and kick offs

Nothing wrong with a nice movie about football.Also, it's Aardman so it will be decent at least.

The ball is a foot long

How drunk does one have to be to be able to sit through divegrass?

why not call it "Rugby for fucking pussies"

No on who matters cares about drop to the grass faking an injury ball.

"makeamoveathenwatchacamerarecordingfor10minutes-ball"

those things look hideous, even for ardman Plasticine monstrosities

you can always fap to Elsa, disneyshill

Americans need to stop being so fucking insecure about this, it's not a contact sport. You're supposed to play around the opponent and outskill them. Go wank in the corner over your pretend rugby that no one wants to play.

That's just regular rugby.

Yeah, the trailers were very explicit about that.

>See the trailer for Early Man
>Great old school Aardman animation
>Great cast
>Cool melding of ideas
>Get hyped
>Find out it's a football movie

Fuck.

I'm genuinely fucking baffled where this line of thinking came from, because it's even something I've seen anti-sports nerds parrot.

>not liking soccer

Rugby is popular in college among people who want to do something athletic but aren’t athletic enough to be on their school’s football team.

>TFW that duck
Nice Harryhausen tribute at the end there

>lardcollide
>more athletic than rugby

So do people think like this because of jocks and football mentality?

Because just objectively speaking American football is far more athletic than any level of Rugby will ever be because the pool of talent is both far larger and far more refined.

Is it just the boo football is for dumbasses mentality?

The line of thinking comes from the fact that the average NFL game only has around 10 minutes of actual playing time (businessinsider.com/football-games-air-only-11-minutes-of-action-2010-1) as opposed to 80 minutes minimum in a rugby match. American football has two sets of teams for attack and defense - rugby has 15 men doing all the running.

You're in denial if you believe the average american footballer has more athleticism than the average rugby union or rugby league player.

How was the movie compared to other Aardman films?

>>See the trailer for Early Man
>>Great old school Aardman animation
>>Great cast
>>Cool melding of ideas
>>Get hyped
>>Find out it's a football movie
*Cums*

Because they wear more protective gear. Most people don't know that the gear lets them hit harder, causing more injuries and deaths.

It's a bunch of pansies cheating badly, that's all there is to it.

the trailers said so tho.
Honest I like the art style but its not my cup of tea. and apparently most of america feels the same so why release these movies in the US.

>You're in denial if you believe the average american footballer has more athleticism than the average rugby union or rugby league player.
Dude I don't even like Football but that's the truth.

This is not in praise of football as better than Rugby or the better sport but an acknowledgement of the reality of how it is basically a fucking filter for athletic talent and how the American school system at times is designed more as selection process than an education system.

>Has only ten minutes of play.
And in those ten minutes of play you have 300 pound linebackers who can hit 35 miles and up slamming into each other and other positions.

There's more to athleticism than being able to take hits, you melon. American football has bigger hits that are intensified by the protective gear, that was never in doubt. But rugby has 80 minutes of continuous action where players are getting hit while running, mauling and rucking. Even the biggest players have to cover far more ground in one half than american footballers do in four quarters, and get tackled much more frequently.

Just stop.

>More endurance is automatically more athletic
That is such a failure of athletic theory I kind of want to throw up.

The two things you listed are they play and they do more things. That's not signs of athletism. How explosive are they? How cordinated, how fast are they how fast can they change speeds?

Jesus christ, you've clearly never watched a rugby game if you have to ask how coordinated they are. Fuck out of here.

So would you care to explain the systems in place in Rugby to draw out athletic talent?

Or the tests they have to demonstrate this athletic talent?

>There's more to athleticism than being able to take hits, you melon
And nothing you actually described is part of athleticism.

Endurance is the consolation prize of hardworkers. That is literally the cliche in strength and conditioning and athletics. You're not actually presenting any evidence that they're more athletic just that they play longer and "they're so much tougher."

>Jesus christ, you've clearly never watched a rugby game if you have to ask how coordinated they are
And it's telling how that was the one aspect you commented on.

>American Football is largely the result of an abusive and and negligent system that uses up and discards athletic talent after draining them of everything they're worth and outright ruins them financially because outright unless their coach cares they're not receiving emotional care.
>It is worth arguing that the talent in Rugby is equal to this morally bankrupt system of almost chattel.

But that's a measure of merely endurance.
Endurance is good but it isn't the end all for being more athletic. If it was marathon participants would be more athletic than all others.
A sumo wrestler would likely have less endurance than a roman wrestler, but that doesn't make a roman wrestler automatically better.

Hockey is the only sport real men engage in.

Lying on the floor grasping at pretend ouchies and bribing officials are athletic skills now?

I instantly don't care for hockey on the grounds I live in the south and have only seen snowfall 2-3 times in my life. It is not a sport we get to enjoy locally.

I prefer baseball personally, nothing like a local MiLB game on thirsty Thursday.
I do have a evil plan to promote Rugby as a concussion friendly alternative to Football.

I get the reference

despite the short burst they're either doing sprints every single time the ball is snapped or getting into wrestling matches. It's exhausting to play for everyone who isn't the quarterback

The Croods would've looked just like that if Aardman didn't part ways with DreamWorks.

Fútbol

God I burst out laughing when he stepped up to the mic, the crowd went silent and he said "I 'ave dun...a very big poo!"

so is anyone gonna talk about the actual movie

That's proven false though. American football just promotes more collisions.

>American football fans think American football is more Athletic than literally any sport ever existed.

American football is literally around 30 players per team running at a sprint into each other for 11 mins while the one small athletic guy on each team runs away from the pack to win a touchdown.

>11 mins of exercise is exhausting for American football players.

Do you think Rugby players just do jogging between scrums?

>Plebs comparing Rugby to American Football.

American football is a derivative of the same Primitive form of Football Rugby is from.

However, American Football over time has morphed into a rather hilarious parody of itself, with more and more time devoted to the pure scrum instead of any actual fieldwork.

In short, Rugby is in more sense a classical field game, while America has super-specialized into exactly one area of the sport it was derived from to the point it's barely a field game at all.

>amerifats being this butthurt
>implying their retarded sport isn't full of fakers too like any sport.

I come from a hockey family, the training is intense as fuck. Plus the coordination and skills you have to build. Kind of a shame it is a rich man's sport because I had family members that got pretty far but couldn't get further due to not enough money.

what are some good comics about football? [not the american retarded kind/spoiler]

Gotta admit I was hype early in the trailer and then disappointed when I saw it was a sports film but I am probably gonna go see it anyway. Maybe we will get a sequel that's not about football.

>He didn't do his research before he watched a film
I guess you have learnt your lesson user.

People often fake injuries in football. This is objective fact.

This is only in Huehueball.

yyyyup.

Never watch trailers

If you're making fun of football you're stupid.
If you're making fun of rugby you're stupid.

Both of you groups of people are getting your panties in a twist in a thread about AN AARDMAN MOVIE.

Goddamn the places you live in must suck ass if you're trying your hardest to defend your country's sport HERE of all places.

Hockey is a game not a sport

I don't mind it being about soccer but they should have had a more regular story for the first film and soccer in the sequel.

>Americans think of ice hockey when they hear the word hockey