Buzz Lightyear of Star Command

So, someone put up a thread about this show a few days ago and I started watching it. Why do we not talk about this fucking gem of a show more often.

>Great voice cast
>Great action
>Genuinely funny
>Fun, creative designs for everyone and everything
>Memorable villains
>god-tier Waifus AND Husbando's

I mean, I think i've found one of my favourite moments in 2000's cartoons: youtu.be/HlaoXK-1Yug?t=14m47s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9GVvadsY5D8?t=712
youtube.com/watch?v=_SFmNzapLmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>that episode with the ghost that turns out to be speaking backwards because he's on the other side
That was honestly kinda brilliant.

>the robot vampire named NOS-4-A2
sometimes the simplest jokes are the best

I liked it. There some memorable characters and moments.
Lots of memorable episodes,
>When XL, Mirra and Booster get fused into one being and have to work together.
>The ep where Buzz gets stranded on a planet where technology is outlawed, impossible and it's inhabitants are made up similarly stranded people and thier descendants.
>The ep where Gravitina makes Buzz's head as big as hers so he has to marry her.
>The series of eps about NOS-4A2 the vampire robot.
>All of Star Command gets hit with a de-evolving gas, whitch makes all the humans into monkey and Boosters species turns into a dinosaur like animal and Mirra's species turns into a living puddle. XL isn't affected and he has to save the day.

And yet the Toy Story people hate it and want to pretend that it doesn't exist.

And don't forget Zurg's HYPER DEATH-RAY!!!

>LGM 1: "There is something coming at us!"
>Commander Nebula: "Some kind of Death Ray?"
>LGM 1: "No, worse. A HYPER DEATH RAY!!!"
>Commander Nebula: "Can we do anything?"
>LGM 1: "No-"
>LGM 2: "- just wait for death"
>LGM 1: "Hyper death."

Despite his comedic nature Zurg sure was a badass,too bad he's not Buzz father anymore.

Also this show desesperatedly needs a reboot with more continuity

This is a Millennial Bug. Their name is ripe for memes in a modern context.

Zurg was the absolute perfect blend of genuinely menacing and completely hilarious.

>>When XL, Mirra and Booster get fused into one being and have to work together.
Pic, please?

>Hold your fire, you might hit the HYPER DEATH-RAY!!!
Classic.

HYPER DEATH-RAY!!!

I wonder if Disney will put the series on their upcoming streaming service? Then maybe we'll finally get some non-tvrips.

A fate 20% worse than death.

Man, this show had a weird release schedule. I mean, the "Monsters United" episode was a sequel to the episode "Wirewolf" But, for some reason, Wirewolf was pushed back to season 2, whilst they kept Monsters United in season 1.

Also, for some strange reason, the original movie, in france was release with Woody Allen playing Buzz and subtitled. Yet, when they translated it to English, they had Warburton playing Buzz... That's just so fucking weird.

Is it weird to say that I imagine a crossover between this and the Mighty Ducks cartoon? (you know, cause they're both Disney Saturday Morning Cartoon Space Heroes?)

Disney had quite a few good cartoons around that era.

A lot of the cartoons that were spinoffs from the movies were a lot better than they had any right to be.

>the absolute perfect blend of genuinely menacing and completely hilarious.
That's every 90's villian user

They were blends, to be sure, but Zurg outshines them all.

youtu.be/9GVvadsY5D8?t=712

I wish they'd make these series available for dvd release.

>"Enslave the population, women and children first. I'm an equal-opportunity enslaver."

Being voiced by newman doesn't hurt

youtube.com/watch?v=_SFmNzapLmk

I'm surprised/glad I've never seen any art based on this ep

didn't he also have a line in one episode or another about not making any air vents bigger than person size?

I didn't realize that NOS-4A2 was a pun for Nosforatu when I saw the show when it came out. The connection didn't hit until later in life.

>Buzz wearing the same tea party attire as "Mrs. Nesbitt" from the first TS movie.

Nice callback.

"As user watched the birth of his first daughter it struck him. NOS-4A2 was a pun on Nosforatu. user then burst out into laughter and exclaimed that he was embarrassed for not realizing it sooner."

I'm sure he did. Zurg was somewhat genre-savvy at times.