Superhero movies cant contend in the osc-

Superhero movies cant contend in the osc-

Disney : "We are preparing to put black panther on the oscars"
Translation : "We've already bribed everyone in hollywood."

>seething

>kinda boring marvel movie nominated for oscars
Seems about right. The awards are just politics and no art

Art is political, so I don't know why you'd draw that distinction.

>implying you have to bribe SJW hollywood to virtue signal.

What's political about Moby Dick user

Tell me again how Phantom Thread, I, Tonya, Call Me By Your name and so on aren't art, please?

Killing whites will ruin your life even more so then they do already

I legitimately liked BP and I'm happy that it's going to break 1 billion dollars and make all the racists cry their eyes out, but it definitely should not win best picture. Anyone even suggesting the possibility sounds like a joke and it would take away any shred of believability they still might have. But if disney decides to outright buy out the oscars then what can anyone do?

The Academy should simply create a Best Superhero Movie category just for Disney, like with Best Animated Feature.

Who told you that? Van Gogh wasn't making a political statement when he drew some flowers in a field. Naruto wasn't making a political statement when it made the first villain the byproduct of an unsustainably edgy village.

Art's only political when the creator wants it to be, stop saying "All art is political" like it gives the creator a "Get out of putting retarded fallacious politics, often childish identity-politics pandering, in your art free" card.

>Van Gogh wasn't making a political statement when he drew some flowers in a field.
He's a pretty overrated artist anyway. The guy was insane, probably sexist too like 95% of males at the time (the rest were gay in the closet)
>Naruto wasn't making a political statement when it made the first villain the byproduct of an unsustainably edgy village.
Um, except they were?

I mean. That's how Awards always work so there's no surprise. There's so movies that forgo marketing entirely, do a tiny release just to be able to count for consideration and put all their money in schmoozing voters so they can hope to win and get ticket sales from that.

Disney not trying to pull an award out of Black Panther would be stupid considering the bullshit media storm around it. Their only worry would be by the time the next Oscars comes around no one cares anymore.

Not him, but art is about feelings and ideas, some of which are political.

Suicide already won an Oscar. As did The Dark Knight.

Black Panther always had a chance just as any other did.

>"The Academy" is a bunch of crusty old white dudes that openly admit they don't even watch most of the nominated films
>viewership dropping like a stone every year
>Hollywood still eating itself as #MeToo accusations continue to spread like wildfire

The Oscars are one of the last bastions of old Hollywood. In a generation, the oldsters who truly care about this awards show crap will be dead, and the youngsters who grew up seeing how pointless it is will be coming into power. In two generations, the Oscars probably won't exist anymore.

Black Panther could win for best actors or soundtrack or something.

Best picture? Nah. Even The Shape of Water beat Get Out.

To be honest, holywood is cucked enough to do it for free

>We've already bribed everyone in hollywood.
/thread

>Marvel desperately wants an Oscar

>OUR generation will change things!
The old fucks you refer to were the flower power hippies and see where that went

Best costume design nomination if they are lucky.

Kobe Brian won an Oscar, so did I'm a tranny hear me roar: The Movie. These things lost all their value.

Black privilege is getting an Oscar for being poop-colored