Thoughts on Spawn the motion picture

Thoughts on Spawn the motion picture

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LuzQLpJWt4A
youtube.com/watch?v=d1SBy4HeJmM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It created the myth that Spawn was ever popular, or had a sizable fanbase

>It created the myth that Spawn was ever popular, or had a sizable fanbase

So, you weren't alive in the 90s or at least the age to remember what they were like. Gotcha.

Oh I was, hell I watched the hell out of my Spawn VHS tape back in the day when I was a kid. But you see, Todd, is that Spawn comics aren't worth the paper they're printed on, and this movie is just parroted by nostalgic casuals who just like him for his edgey costume.

I'm a casual Spawn fan at best, I liked the toys and cartoon more than anything but you're nuts if you don't think Spawn was popular, he was popular after the movie for quite some time and the movie was a fucking flop.

So you were just out of touch with reality then. Gotcha

Le salt.

No, you're just a fake 90's kid, who for some odd reason this board has a disproportionate amount of. Admit you weren't alive in the 90s because Spawn only stopped being popular by like the fucking mid end of the 00s, when you were likely born. I'd doubt you were older than 20 years old with a statement like that.

It was popular enough to supply me with some bomb ass action figures underneath the christmas tree

The live movie was only OK, but the Animated HBO series were amazing.

Todd, this is just fucking sad. This is what you deserve for your autistic possession over your character. You wrote a low rent Ghost Rider, dated the character as the 90s personified, and you can't get a new movie off the ground

spawn comics are still running aren't they? are they any good?

You know...Ghost Rider has never been any better, and was never as popular even despite big 2 branding, an action figure line, and two movies.

>Ghost Rider
Fucking casual, everyone know Spawn is a rip off of Batman, he even has the clown archenemy
Go to bed kid

Nope. First 24 issues are fun, but it collapses after that.

Right because that sounds so much better doesn't it, Todd? Stop pretending Spawn is relevant

guy who played clown fucking killed it

Nigger Spawn was outsell both Marvel and DC when it premiered and managed to stay in the top 10 through the early 2000s
Theres a lot to be said about its quality or lack thereof but trying to say it was never popular is retarded

Spawn was really sort of like Venom (symbiotic costume) + Ghost Rider (...hell) + Batman (brooding guy perched on buildings with a flowing cape)

The movie was ok for its time and aged badly.

the comic needs to stop or become an expanded universe with new characters. I hate the fact god is now good when him and Satan were both ax crazy, and i hate that they are trying to make a new story with spawn when we know everything about him.

the only thing i like is soul crusher and thats it

>when I was a kid

Right so, presuming you mean a grade school aged kid and not a teenager, you were outside of the target demographic and probably not a comic reader, or at least one of Spawn, at the time either

Todd stop bumping your thread, nobody cares

That soundtrack was great. What was up with so many mediocre 90s movies getting god tier nu metal OSTs? This, Judgement Night and The Crow’s sequel are three of the biggest examples I can think of.

(Can You) Trip Like I Do is some great 90s cheese and I fucking hate Filter otherwise.

youtube.com/watch?v=LuzQLpJWt4A

Film soundtracks like that or Batman Forever or whatever are long dead. It's kind of sad.

>Film soundtracks like that or Batman Forever or whatever are long dead. It's kind of sad.
Meh, Transformers love or hate those films kept of the tradition.

Freddy vs Jason also had a soundtrack like that though a bit older and not really Sup Forums

Spawn looks tiny in it.

Actually really loved John's clown.

youtube.com/watch?v=d1SBy4HeJmM

YA..i remember the movie and the clown killed it...

How are they fun? Nothing happens. Nothing happens for like fifty issues.