Could we have a bellybuttons thread...

Could we have a bellybuttons thread? I recently discovered this comic and I really liked it! I like how despite the initial light hearted tone and fun/mean gags, it deepens when it comes to the characters. I like their backstories tells you a lot of why and how they behave as such.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/97688915/#97705288
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88566192/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88591357/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88611731/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88634426/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88652405/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88672050/#88681356
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88672050/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like the format that it has, it serves both as a comic strip and as an actual chapter.

plus the girls are quite cute, I really like Vicky. She is my favorite waifu. She starts out like a really nasty girl but as the story progresses you kind of understand why, plus the characters grow and mature as the series goes on. She reminded me a bit of Asuka.

It's a modern day novela made for teens with the capacity to attract males with goodies and females with emotional stimulation

Wrong. Males come for the goodies and stay for the emotional stimulation.

It's a pretty typical BD setup, user, but it's still good.

I agree on this, they get attached to the waifus
>mfw publication started in 2004
No wonder why they reminded me so much of them canadian hotties when I was in high school.

How did this become Sup Forums's favorite French comic?

It became Sup Forums's favorite comic around Volume 4, when Ablin was introduced and transformed Karine into an assertive goth. He easily made the best girl of Les Nombrils even better by teaching the skills needed to emotionally manipulate Vicky, Jenny, and even Dan.

Where is the gags chapter?

The gag series (Vacheries) just started back early this year.

>french
it's not even french but from Quebec. It is however currently among the top 3 best selling french comics in france. And by that I mean 2nd place.
Also Post Vicky.

I hope Vicki gets to meet a badass cool boyfriend down the line. With love at first sight and shiet.

Okay

French doesn't mean it's only from France, ya goof.

well yeah, duhh obviously. I am getting the volumes in french to try and "practice it" since I havent tried it out in ages.

Also I am thinking on sending an e-mail or letter to the authors. I think it would be pretty cool.

Go ahead man. All the more power to you

Well it seems VOL 8 will be coming out later this year and the series will conclude in vol 10.
Sounds a bit melancholic, I just hope they dont pair the girls with pretentious lame bastards.

The next issue comes out in November

THANK YOU VERY MUCH LADIES AND GENTLEMEN RIGHT NOW I GOTTA TELL YOU ABOUT

THE FABULOUS

MOST GROOVY

BELLYBUTTONS

yeah, so I read.
Well it seems the only email available or contact available is throught [email protected] or instagram or FB. But I aint using social media to contact, so good old email that will be.

What should I write besides the obvious?

I can't tell you your own feelings but for me? It helped me a little by relating to someone with low self-esteem who basically fakes it till she makes it

I find it weird how much I'm turned on by Vicky and Jenny, even when they're being awful.
And Vicky's sister, Jesus, don't even get me started on that.

With that out of my system: I've only just started reading it, but I'm already impressed with how good this comic is. Characters tread the line between the cartoonishly improbable and the truthfully human. In Vicky and Jenny's cruelty, as well as in Karine's selflessness, you see a gross exaggeration; but that exaggeration feels believable and relatable. I don't know how the authors managed to tread that razor's edge, but it's admirable.

Yeah back in my teenage years I used to be the same. I also had a crush that looked like Vicki. Seriously cute/hot half black girls with colorful eyes are not easy to come by. They both remind me a lot about stacy dash desu.

The current lame throwback one or the actual volume 8? Because if it's the latter, I would've expected pages to be released by now, since it's a weekly comic.

Actual issue (tome) 8

She kinda does look like Vicky tbqhwy. And the red head looks like that thing from wonder over yonder

Hahahaha

I hate to admit it but I have a crush on Vicki. I have become a waifufag.

For me it was ashi, then she disappeared and now I'm just reading to relax

I really like Jenny and Albin as characters, as weird as it sounds, lol. desu I'd hate to see Karine reverting back to her past-self or coming back to any of exes.
thx Sup Forums for introducing this comic to me, a few weeks ago I had no idea it exists

What's the current status of the gag stuff, anyway? Ouash was translating them as they came out but I haven't seen him in a while.

what about this one? does she look like Vicki?

Man, Vicky is a piece of shit but I always end feeling bad for her.
I hope she grows as a person in the future, even Alvin saw there was something good in her.

>I really like Vicky. She is my favorite waifu.
Agreed.

If you analyze Vicki throught the story, you realize why she behaves and acts that way.
It's mostly the way she was treated as home, she is quite insecure and feels inferior since she is always being compared to her sister. For example while her sister goes to hawaii with her folks, Vickie gets sent to a camp where she used to get bullied.
She is like Asuka, but if scratch all those gashes of pain, you'll find a really nice girl.

Going through her Bi-curious phase. She needs to have a "love at first sight" meeting with a cool and fun winner boy around her age that sort of gets what she is going throught.

>little Benny immature
must be this kid

Hey, I did a draft, could I show it to you?

whoa it all makes sense now.
Say why is Albin the only cool looking guy? All the rest are over caricaturized or over idealized.

gist of the dialogue follow the quoted links here: desuarchive.org/co/thread/97688915/#97705288
Also Megane is better defined and less cartoony than the others, maybe that style choice signals a seriousness in their characters?

>maybe that style choice signals a seriousness in their characters?
It definitely does, also how recurring they will be and all. Megane will be in the freaking band so she has to look cool for the reader. I dont mean to sound homoFeminobot or wathever but I hope Vicki goes throught her umm.. Phase soon. Just as Megan.

Altought I understand that mostly those kind of kids happen to be like that because of the way they are raised. I say this because I already had plenty of acquaintances and even cousints that went to the other side and they all shared that trait.

links to past storytimes:
vol 1 - desuarchive.org/co/thread/88566192/
vol 2 - desuarchive.org/co/thread/88591357/
vol 3 and 4 - desuarchive.org/co/thread/88611731/
vol 5 - desuarchive.org/co/thread/88634426/
vol 6 - desuarchive.org/co/thread/88652405/
vol 7 - desuarchive.org/co/thread/88672050/#88681356
last one backlinks to previous threads and has download links

>vol 7
should be desuarchive.org/co/thread/88672050/

Has anyone ever seen that picture of the pickup truck with the terrible picture of a girl on it with an incredibly long torso like a centipede?

Sorry, I'm at work but please go ahead and post it

He probably lost interest because, and let’s be honest, nobody really cares for the gag ones.

I don't get it. Are they hitting on her, or bullying Jenny for being a poorfag?

Both, she's being followed by 3/4 but when they find out where she lives they basically bring her back to earth

Who is best girl and why is it Jenny

So are Vicky and Jenny sisters now?

Because her sillyness is adorable, she can be compasionate and kind sometimes and she's living through poverty and trying to take care of mom and siblings while staying all cheery.

im 16 pages into it and feel like i can't read any further. this shit is too mean-spirited.

Keep going mia familia, trust me it makes what happens the latter bits even better

This is the most overrated BD that Sup Forums collectively enjoys. Even when all the characters are at their lowest, it's hard to feel sorry when they've all been total bitches. The art isn't even sexy either.
This board like to trash Canadian stuff all the time so what is it about this that gives it a pass?

I like Vicki more.

My favorite thing about it is how mean spirited the humor is and how the characters are awful people, but there's emotional development regardless which gives depth to the characters and makes you care about them, and leads to moments that really pulled at my heartstrings
I like cartoons like that

Couldnt have said it better

Amen

t.Mr Enter