Tell me about

tell me about gwenpool, is it an actual female deadpool or is it just a cringey grrl power lmao so wacky knock off?

It's completely unconnected to Deadpool outside the name and costume.

bump, I would also like to know

except for the 1 deadpool crossover issue

ok then what the hell is it?

latter

A comicbook fan from the real world named Gwen Poole gets transported to the Marvel Universe and puts on a costume so that she can become a main character. She initially has no powers and just relies on the plot and genre conventions making things work out in her favor, but towards the end she learns how to directly interact with the page.

>lmao so wacky knock off?
Pretty much. The writer hinted at going with something deeper, but those hints were quickly discarded for more "Woah, I can mess with the 4th wall!" and "Lol, I'm so quirky!" shit. And almost half her issues were crossover crap with nu-Marvel characters like Fem-Thor, Fem-Hawkeye, and non-stop gushing about how great the nu-Marvel characters were.

The fans try to defend it, but the only reason anyone read Gwenpool was because waifu and Gurihiru's generic anime artwork. The fans will try to claim otherwise, but just look at the Gwenpool threads in the archives and look at the posts for yourself. Nearly 50% of posts are all "GWENPOOL IS SO CUTE!!!" and other assorted waifu-posting shit. Look at the sales numbers and see how hard they dropped for the issues Gurihiru wasn't doing artwork. If they were buying for the plot and not the artwork, that wouldn't have happened.

Superboy Prime, but he's a NEET girl

So it's a shitty Mary Sue self insert uh, ok.

I'm sure OP is just baiting by answering his own question and bait people to argue with him

>And almost half her issues were crossover crap with nu-Marvel characters like Fem-Thor, Fem-Hawkeye, and non-stop gushing about how great the nu-Marvel characters were.
5/25 issues is almost half
>implying that buying a book for the art is somehow bad
does it hurt being this retarded user?

>I'm sure OP is just baiting by answering his own question and bait people to argue with him

This, you can tell that is the same OP everytime because the conversation usually goes like this.

>I read the book but I didn't like that there were no stakes to anything, the action was boring, etc.
>C-clearly you didn't read the book at all! Fuck you!! At least Gwenpool is better than most Marvel books these days, better than Squirrle Girl!!!

And there he goes, like fucking clockwork

C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Somehow you end up as the idea guy for Marvel upcoming games and they desperately need to cash in on Gwenpool IP in form of vidya game, what would be your preferred way of doing this?
Personally I would try to go with something like recent PlatinumGames action beat-em-up that would take some inspirations from the ComicZone.

I would do this but with Spider-Gwen so it actually makes money.

>tell me about
read a fucking comic book or go to wikipedia

oh it's the user who thinks the dozens of people who call him retarded are all the same person.

It's a cute, fun book about a girl from the "real" world being dropped into the marvel comics universe. It's a lighthearted adventure story with some mild 4th-wall-breaking antics.

>mental gymnastics
>followed by insults and sperging
>bringing squirrel girl and captain marvel

gee, I wonder how come people can point out who the Gwenpool fag is in every thread.

>. It's a lighthearted adventure story with some mild 4th-wall-breaking antics.

Its a really bland book with bland comedy, action and emotion.

Its too affraid of doin anything interesting as to no offend anyone, don't bother reading it.

Gwenpool was only created from a variant cover. At the time Marvel was cashing in on the Gwen fad thanks to the Amazing Spider Man movies due to Emma, and made a bunch of Gwen Stacy covers. "Gwenpool" was the most popular, and like Spider-Gwen, they thought they could milk it even further with no real substance. Only the difference is Gwen Poole has no relation to either Gwen Stacy nor Deadpool

>and like Spider-Gwen, they thought they could milk it even further with no real substance

People seem to like Spider-Gwen, she is going to appear in an animated movie soon.

While Gwenpoo on the other hand...

They like Spider-Gwen's costume. That's about it

Gwenpool fags only like that she looks like anime shit, the moment the anime shit artist takes a break the sales went into the toilet.

idk but it feels great to jack off to

Neither. You can just read the first issue and that'd answer your questions if you actually care.

>gets mad people can identify him so easily
I know i'll just pretend everyone is the same person then one of the times i try calling them out i'll be right, and they'll be as mad as I am!

Sjw garbage

Except her main problem is to struggle to be relevant, so the oposite of a mary sue.
She more like there to gosh over other Marvel characters, like Mary Marvel Femthor etc.

Read Nova instead

You should actually read the book, user.

Gwen Poole is a High-School drop out who somehow winds up in the Marvel universe and treats it as her playground. She sees the Marvel Universe as nothing but a bunch of paper-thin characters and genre cliches that she can run amok in with absolutely no repercussions. Eventually, this leads her to being Shanghaied by MODOK and her story begins proper, as she slowly learns to take responsibility for the world she's found herself in and discovers new reality-bending powers.

It's a bunch of fun stories with some enjoyable characters and a few moments of Suffering to round it all out. The art style is indeed CUTE (when Gurihiru or Irene Whatsername are in), the characters are all great and serve their own purpose (except Miles Morales when he shows up for that 2-3 issue arc), and I really do like Gwen as a character: An over-privileged NEET who escapes the humdrum disappointment of "reality" and has to learn the hard way that even in Comic Book Land you need to learn to take responsibility and improve yourself. She gains cosmic power only to struggle against the medium itself and even the existential threat of editorial ending her comic. She actively tries to change her fate and fortunes and sometimes tries to better herself, only to have it often blow up in her face. It's a very classic comic character, with all her gusto and 4th wall quips covering her own insecurities and fears, trying to prove that she matters in whatever reality she's trapped in, which personally, I can't help but relate to.

>It's a bunch of fun stories
Is not fun at all, the humor is fucking cringey meme bullshit.

maybe for (you), but (you) don´t represent everyone.

Clinically retarded 75 IQ basketball Americans can graduate highschool why not Gwen

Girls gets isekaid into marvel and immediately weaponizes plot armor.

silly user, basketballs can't get citizenship. They can't hold a pen to write their names on the test.

Isekai about a loser NEET who treats the world around her as fictional and the characters within it as disposable who succeeds in the MU in spite of herself and is largely hated by anyone of note she comes across.

It's the same fag who's been shitposting in every single Gwenpool thread nonstop for two years and has since expanded to shitposting Spider-Man threads with a similar modus operandi i.e. hammering on two or three points endlessly (in that case claiming Spider-Man's supporting cast sucks, MJ is a Mary Sue and Nick Spencer stole Superior Foes from Max Landis).

I don't mind the selfie stuff though.

>maybe for (you), but (you) don´t represent everyone.
post a funny page or two and let's see how well the comic does when it comes to comedy,

I assume she was in highschool when she got sucked into the comic books and so she'd get kicked out for not showing up to class.

>and has since expanded to shitposting Spider-Man threads

that's a new one

forgot that the gwenpool fag posts these cringey edits about Gwen talking about having sex on a really cringet ''the person that makes these edits clearly is a 30 something virgin toyfag''

>I assume she...

This is most of the conversation around this comic, people pointing out plotholes and Gwenpool fags using headcanon to excuse them

daily reminder that Heather Antos is Gwenpool and that the writter is ok with it too.

I´ll bite.
*ahem*
no, because you won´t find funny what i find funny. so please kindly fuck off to be angry somewhere else.

>Songbird/Diamondback
I haven't heard that name in a long, long time.

Hey, I make other edits about her too.

and people said that Gwenpool is not SJW LMAO

>Gwenpool cancellation around the time Heather leaves
hmmmm

lookit, baby user learned a buzzword

what about that post is SJW?