Worst Decade For Animated Films?

1970s or the 2010s

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PezO_Vmqhgg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I mean 70s gave us Coonskin, Wizards, Gay Puree and Fritz so there was at least some variety

2020s
you have no idea

sage for weak bait

The 2000s, no competition.
Anyone saying the current decade is worse is purposefuly cherrypicking some lazy cashgrabs as if they represented the general state of animation and forgetting that production value, diffusion and overall quality has done nothing but increase as CG has become easier to use and to push furether.
In the 2000s, it wasn't the cashgrabs that were shit, it was the biggest productions. There were no cashgrabs.

gotta admit that I prefer the 2010s movies but that isn't really saying much. the 2010s were horrible for the animated industry. almost only sequels or shitty movies with few exceptions (Kubo, Coco, Tangled)

The 2010s are way worse though Norm of The North Food fight The Emoji Movie

Yeah while the 70s gave us variety, the 2010s has no variety

>2000's the worst
>Monsters Inc, Shrek, Find Nemo, Ratatouille, Wall-E, and Up
Name 6 from the 2010's that can reach those. Hell name 3.

2010s is the worst decade for movies in general

>implying Shrek was ever more than crass parody and isn't singlehandedly responsible for some of the worst trends in animations since its release

last year was particularly underwhelming.

Attached: 2017.png (614x674, 1.03M)

Because it was a great movie with a sweet story that had massive success. Failing attempts to copy that is not a problem with the Shrek movie.

Low tier films no one gives a shit about?

At least we also had movies like Zootopia, Coco, Lego Batman, Captain Underpants, and Kubo to watch in between those two shit films. Even the average movies like Trolls, Angry Birds, and Storks were entertaining.

I'm gonna say the 1960's were the worst decade for feature animation considering the best film to come out in that time was 101 Dalmations.

Check out Anytown

Attached: lila_and_arnold_by_haanimation-dbz8fhc.png (1024x683, 226K)

Gr8 b8 m8 watch Anytown btw

Attached: the_anytown_show_gang_by_haanimation-dbps275 (1).png (1024x683, 380K)

Apparently disney only made 3 animated features in the 60's.

only 1/3 of those movies are good.

I think it's only cause we're coming off the high of the last few years where we had some really stand out films all at once. I mean, getting How to Train Your Dragon, Tangled, Toy Story 3, Despicable Me, Illusionist, and Megamind all in a single year is not the average, that was just an exceptionally rare year.

no

>hating on the based 60's
youtube.com/watch?v=PezO_Vmqhgg

But that year gave us a lot of shit like Shrek 4 Legend of The Guardians Alpha and Omega yogi Bear and Space Chimps

Agreed the past few years have been terrible with shit like Norm of The North The Nut Job The Emoji Movie Minions Boss Baby and FoodfightBTW Check out Anytown

Attached: debbie_and_eliza_by_haanimation-dbz8ffz.jpg (525x350, 19K)

The 2010s no doubt

Attached: ConnieAshley.png (6000x3450, 571K)

Every year gives out shit. It's the ratio of good to bad while factoring the quality of the good that matters.

Hey my man, spamming your ad is a bannable offense don'tcha know.

10s are only bad if you're a pleb, people who watch foreign toons know this is actually the best decade since the golden age of animation.

*blocks your path*

Attached: cartoon nostalgiafags btfo.jpg (1225x1225, 450K)

Oh it's this stupid thread again. 70s by miles, it's not even a contest.

The 2010s have a bunch more niche/artsy/indie animated movies than that.

What's between Red Turtle and Courgette?

The Girl Without Hands

Thanks for reminding me I gotta watch the Congress as a Lem fan.
Is it available anywhere online?

It's on kiss/kimcartoon

The 2010s gave us the movie SO BAD that it became the first animated movie to win Worst Picture at the Razzies.

The worst the 70s gave us was just mediocre Disney.

Lego batman, Captain Underpants, Coco and MLP are actually above "bad" everything else is anywhere from mediocre to awful

>Inside Out
>The Lego Movie
>Coco
>Kubo and the Two Strings
>Monsters U
>The Peanuts Movie
>Rango
>Early Man

keep the change

I hope you people know that there were other movies made in the 2010s besides pixar and disney shit? Try to get out of your safety bubble for a chance.
Just the top 10:
1. Tragedy of Man
2. It's Such a Beautiful Day
3. Tale of Princess Kaguya
4. Night is Short, Walk on Girl
5. Kubo and Two Strings
6. Anomalisa
7. Song of the Sea
8. Midori-ko
9. Ernest and Celestine
10. Wolf Children

Attached: Az Ember Tragediaja.jpg (4018x5022, 3.98M)

Last year had The Breadwinner, Loving Vincent, Lu Over the Wall and Night is Short. It was great.

the most of the decade was bad with some diamonds and the 2010 hit and no good stuff

You should watch Az Ember Tragediaja.

The Emoji movie is just an uninspired cashgrab, in terms of execution I sincerely doubt it was the actual worst movie of the year. People hate it based on premise alone.

i remain very unconvinced

You're willfully ignoring the good stuff then.

Of course he is, that's all these threads are, people ignoring good things so they can whine about how everything is bad. I don't understand why people enjoy whining so much.

It gives them an internal excuse not to put in effort. They don't have to watch the actual movies or look for them. They just claim "this decade is bad" and then don't have to confront any new works. They are safe and cozy with all the films they watched and understand.